Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Needs Temp Home for 3 Months

SOS MIOW
July 30th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I received a call from a 4th Year McGill Med Student (Montreal) who will be going abroad for 3 months (Aug 28-Nov 20) and urgently needs to board her cat. She was shocked at the rates quoted by vets ($10 per day) and cannot afford it. The cat is a 2 yr old nutured male, up-to-date on his vaccines, and friendly. She is willing to pay up to $100 and supply Ph balanced cat food to someone who will take good care of him while she is gone.

Please PM me if you can help and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Lucky Rescue
July 31st, 2005, 12:19 PM
What is the nature of this European trip? Could she knock a couple of weeks off of it and pay to board her cat?

badger
July 31st, 2005, 02:01 PM
I would think another student would be a good bet, as long as they were responsible. I'd advertise on campus, for starters.

SOS MIOW
July 31st, 2005, 02:11 PM
What is the nature of this European trip? Could she knock a couple of weeks off of it and pay to board her cat?

It is part of her schooling (she said, "I'm going away for rotations for 3 months ......").

She has no family in Montreal and has put up notices at McGill, but so far she has had no luck.

SOS MIOW
July 31st, 2005, 02:12 PM
I would think another student would be a good bet, as long as they were responsible. I'd advertise on campus, for starters.

Thanks Badger. This girl really loves her cat and has spent a lot of $$$ treating the urinary problem (he has been operated for it). He is now on pH balance food to ensure that it doesn't come back.

CyberKitten
July 31st, 2005, 02:19 PM
I do not know this person but it is not uncommon for med students to do 3 month rotations. I doubt anyone would knock off time to help her either.

That said, if I were her I'd advertise at McGill or even the other universities - I am sure someone among the students, faculty and support staff would help her. I know we would here!! This is alas a quiet time on any campus and she would have had better luck if she had posted this in March or April - planned ahead of time. Even if she had not known her choice would be appoved (med students usually get 3 options), she prob should have found someone in advance.

Anyway --- I hope she finds someone. For the record, I'd ask my sister but she is here visiting me and then is off to Europe for a week. She did suggest the student place notices in the various hospitals around the city. (in doctor's lounges)