Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog refuses to eat.

Sacred Silence
July 30th, 2005, 04:21 AM
My dog refuses to eat...

She has had a bunch of seizures within the past two months... two to three times a week. She hasn't eaten anything in a week, not even her treats.

She seems very weak and often struggles to breathe. One of her eyes seem to be red-ish colored, I don't know why. She has lost so much weight and struggles to even walk. We have to carry her up and down the stairs when she goes outside. She does drink her water that has crushed up vet recommended medication in it because she won't eat it.

I don't know what to do, she refuses to eat anything. This picture basically sums it up. :sad:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3700/picture0234ps.jpg

the gang
July 30th, 2005, 05:46 AM
find another vet asap, try some yourget and chicken stock,also get some blood work done, keep us posted as to how your little one is doing :fingerscr

StaceyB
July 30th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Your dog really needs to be seen by a vet.ASAP

Luba
July 30th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Does the vet know?

Your dog will die from malnourishment and dehydration. If not eating the dog needs to be hospitalized and put on IV hydration.

justncase
July 30th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Sacred Silence, I tried to pm you but this came up:
"Sacred Silence has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
Since you are a Junior member I am wondering if you do not wish to receive private messages or if there's a problem with the system. It seems for the last week I 've had a great deal of trouble trying to pm anyone.

I don't know if your dog is severely dehydrated or not, I can't tell from the pic but if she isn't and you're trying to do this yourself then look into trying L-glutamine. It's an amino acid. 500 mg twice a day. Also colloidal silver.There are several brand names. 2 tsp three times a day and only use a glass or plastic eyedropper not anything metal.

Luba
July 30th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Checking in to see what your vet said? I'm sure you would have called by now.

badger
July 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Wow, I'd forget about any kind of home treatment at this point and rush your dog to the vet (I have actually used L-Lysine and it worked very well for a chronic condition in my cat). But I think your dog is beyond that point now and should be considered in a critical state, ie needing professional attention. Please tell us your dog has already seen a vet.

shannon1233A
July 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
VET ASAP or you may very well loose him, even if that means ANOTHER vet!

If, this is a new member, according to the sticky, can't get pm's

justncase
July 30th, 2005, 08:12 PM
When I mentioned these things they weren't meant to be used " instead" of the medical attention your dog needs, but along with any medical attention needed . Only you know what your dog is experiencing. If you haven't brought your dog to a vet by now you may be trying to do this on your own. As others have suggested, it may not be a wise thing to do at this point .( p.s.- I'm not a new member)

shannon1233A
July 30th, 2005, 08:34 PM
ps not you, the original poster Sacred Silence is new, lol. Only 2 posts so according to the new policy, they can't get pm's. I think that's what it means :D

justncase
July 30th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Oh, thanks, I thought Junior Member meant one step past the Newbie stage. I'ts confusing when the message says that the member either doesn"t wish to accept pm's or that they can't- hmmmm, nothing that allowing members( new or otherwise) to post each other without restriction wouldn't fix ... oh well, ..back to the original thread.....Sacred Silence , please keep us posted.