Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 GSD'S need help Urgent

Toonces
July 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Montreal SPCA has 3 urgent GSDs that will be euthanized in the next couple days - they need out ASAP. Can anyone help?

GSDRescueBC
July 30th, 2005, 10:37 PM
There are two GSD Rescues in Ontario. Have you tried either of them?
As far as I know there are only 3 across Canada. Maybe if you contact either of them they will have other options closer if they are not able to pull them.

Kelly

Luba
July 30th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I know the Toronto based rescue is full and has hands full with the Ontario shelter dogs needing OUT now or they'll be PTS.

I think someone whether rescue or personal needs to step up in Montreal and take some action.

Toonces
July 31st, 2005, 06:51 AM
As Luba said GSRT is full, I foster for them and we have no open foster homes and I think as of now 10 on the urgent list waiting so if any of you out there can open up your home to a dog in need (wink wink nudge nudge) now would be a great time, there are so many dogs and cats in shelters it just seems insane :sad:

greatanimalres
July 31st, 2005, 10:58 AM
I Can Take One . I Have A Rescue Center In Hamilton Called Great Animal Rescue I Would Be More Then Happy To Rescue One Of Those And Adopt The Dog To A Loving Home

Thanks
Great Animal Rescue

poodletalk
July 31st, 2005, 11:31 AM
Fantastic!! That's great news, I am very worried about these dogs!

Toonces
July 31st, 2005, 02:28 PM
That would be great! Thank you! I have never heard of you, do you have a website? Which rescues and shelters do you work with? (To pull from shelters rescues have to give references and be checked out.)

justncase
August 1st, 2005, 08:56 PM
I pm'd a member about this and just thought I'd post it too. I know of a shelter who was overrun. Many animals were due to be put down. These animals were shown on a program- every one of them, the old, the special needs, even the ones with behavioral problems. Each had their chance on T.V.- about 5 minutes or so each while a little of the history of each one was mentioned. The first program aired one evening and the next day when staff went to open their doors, people had lined up and down the street waiting to adopt. Two people were fighting over who was going to adopt a 17 years old cat whose owner had to retire to a nursing home. At the end of the day they didn't have a single animal left . All were adopted. Everyone had paid the adoption fee and signed an agreement to spay/neuter. Everyone expected that there would be returns as the newness this wore off but there wasn't a single return. Each program aired several times weekly( same program, changing weekly) . I've been to other sites and have frequently found posts from people who wondered why there was all of this problem about shelters being overrun because the shelters they were involved with never were. The adoption rates were always high. Maybe these people had looked for a solutions other than euthanasia . I wonder..if euthanasia is always the solution of choice, could that be the reason why there's no impetus to do more? I know that the programs like the Save the Children Fund always show a picture of the child and their approach is " we know you say 'what can we do to help the starving children of the world"...welll, can you help this one?" and then they show the picture of one child. That child, whose picture is shown, stands a greater change because they have stepped out of the nameless, faceless masses and have become real.

LL1
August 1st, 2005, 09:03 PM
You could contact Montreal SPCA and suggest that.

mafiaprincess
August 1st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Justncase has a really good point..

There are smaller news channels that will show a dog a week, or during a time slot on helping pets, etc animals from shelters.. And the animal shown is generally adopted asap. Using TV if one has a means to do it might be a really worthwhile way to help get adoptions going to people that may not consider it otherwise.

Especially animals with sadder stories than most-- but at a shelter every story is a sad one..

CyberKitten
August 1st, 2005, 09:47 PM
Does the Mtl SPCA not already do that? On Rogers Cable and in local advertisers??

justncase
August 1st, 2005, 09:59 PM
If there someone in contact with the Montreal SPCA already that could suggest it? I don't know how I could even begin to contact them and who to contact. I know that this type of program is very successful. I remember too, that as the programs were aired, if there was a dog or cat who was not adopted right away, they would show that dog or cat- living, breathing, purring, nuzzling, wagging its tail and they would say- " this cat/dog has been at the shelter for two weeks now and will be p.d. this week unless someone comes forward". It seems that once people saw the actual pet, they couldn't ignore it, it was no longer nameless/faceless. Some have said they burst out crying and felt the impetus to do something...something.... and if they couldn't, they got on the phone asking their friends and family if they could help in any way..... so now you have people contacting people and helping to move the progression along. Euthanasia stops all of that from happening and if it were such a workable solution the problem of overrun shelters would be history.

badger
August 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Are you kidding? When I asked them last time I was there why they didn't have a website - where they could post pictures of found animals, as well as animals for adoption - they said they didn't have the resources (annual budget: 3 million). They could reunite more animals with their owners and cut their kill rates. TV is a great idea, someone with the time should run with it. But I wonder if the SPCA would cooperate?

justncase
August 1st, 2005, 10:15 PM
Badger, public pressure is said to work wonders! Sometimes what is done behind closed doors can't stand the light of day, so to speak, and that alone can bring change as nothing else can. So can public accountability.

Lucky Rescue
August 1st, 2005, 10:50 PM
The only promotion I know of done by the MTL SPCA is 30 second radio spots, delivered in rapid-fire speech, like so:

"AdoptadogtodayfromtheSPCA! Spotisa5yearoldLabmix. Helikestoplayballandisveryfriendly!!"

You just know people rush down in droves after hearing this, that is, the people who can actually understand it. :rolleyes:

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
Are there any possibilities in this site:

http://adopt-a-german-shepherd.1-800-save-a-pet.com/

Also, are there only GSD rescues in Ontario? I thought there was one in B.C. What about the U.S.?

Toonces
August 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
The second post in this topic is from Kelly, she is the BC GSD rescue. The US rescues are usually full at all times with dogs in their own areas, like most rescues.

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
How often do rescue groups publically recruit for fostering assistance? Can they/do they post pics of pets in need commmunity papers, etc(more affordable perhaps than others) . Is it possible for an pet in a shelter due to be put down to have their picture taken and a public appeal made? If a program was made weekly on community/cable channels would this be a public forum to advertise for foster care and show pets due to be put down in shelters? That way, the pet wouldn't be in foster care yet , but there would be more of a chance that someone watching a program might offer when he/she actually saw the pet. Even for these GSDs in the Montreal SPCA- again, when it's nameless /faceless- sometimes it's easier for the public to ignore. The Save the Children Fund, (as I mentioned before) has a system that works. Maybe other organizations could follow their proven method. This organization could say," pay this amount and save a child" but I wonder how many people would support that? But when they said " support this child" and showed a picture, when they said" without your support this child will have no future", when they said " it's less than $1.00 a day and you can help this child to get the medical care and education he/she needs" and one is actually looking at the child's picture( I wonder, too, after seeing the child's picture how many have phoned in and said " I want to sponsor that specific child " rather than " I'll sponsor any child") , that seems to have made all the difference in the world not only to each child shown but to the organization as well. .

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
Even for these GSDs in the Montreal SPCA- again, when it's nameless /faceless- sometimes it's easier for the public to ignore.

You are so right! This is why we hold so many adoption events. Someone can easily ignore words on a page, but looking into the eyes of the real live animal is very different!

How often do rescue groups publically recruit for fostering assistance?

We have begged and pleaded for foster homes everywhere. No wants to do it if it means any work - keeping the animal separate from theirs, bringing it to adoption events/vet visits etc.:(

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Can we brainstorm here ? Maybe some new members have some ideas. Maybe we can look into other organizations- like Save the Children Fund. One would say- why would someone who already has children pay $30.00 a month to support another in a country he/she will probably never visit and a child he/she will probably never meet? Yet they do.

Re:

"We have begged and pleaded for foster homes everywhere. No wants to do it if it means any work - keeping the animal separate from theirs, bringing it to adoption events/vet visits etc."

Do you think that could be part of the problem? Anything that involves begging and pleading usually denotes unpleasantness,work, and problems. What can one compare it to, say, you want a teenager to take out the trash on a daily basis. You beg, you plead, the more you do, the more resistance he/she puts up. However, if you find some way in which both you and he/she can benefit, or if he/she happens to see that Britney Spears says she takes out the trash daily and it's a hip thing to do, that teenager will probably end up fighting to have the opportunity to do so too. That's called working with the plusses not working against the negatives.

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
By "begging and pleading" of course I don't mean we grab passerby and nag them to take a cat.:p

I mean we have handed out flyers, I have posted on my site and put into newspapers things like "Foster homes desperately needed for abandoned animals. You can help save a life!"

People have responded, but when they hear it involves more than playing with kittens, or that it could take a long time to rehome a cat, they back down.

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Re:

By "begging and pleading" of course I don't mean we grab passerby and nag them to take a cat.
I mean we have handed out flyers, I have posted on my site and put into newspapers things like "Foster homes desperately needed for abandoned animals. You can help save a life!"
People have responded, but when they hear it involves more than playing with kittens, or that it could take a long time to rehome a cat, they back down.__________________
luckyrescue.petfinder.com
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

I don't portend to know all of the answers on the subject, probably there are others more experienced than I whom we have yet to hear from. Yet , " Foster homes desperately needed........" connotes desperation( which, of course ,you may very well be)...but if you relay that to the prospective caretaker do you think possibly it may be taking the opposite effect ? And " abandoned... denotes, what, that no one wanted it? Why, was there a problem ? Upon hearing that, you, in rescue work already, may step in, but alot of the people you are trying to get interested in the great rewards( as well as the tribulations but hmmm, we'll leave that for the time being) may be turned off by the urgency of it all.

To say, thisanimal needsthisandthatand youhavetodothisandthatbecauseit'sreallyreallyurgen tandifyoudon'tstepinright now........"Might it have the opposite effect than the one you want? I remember reading some time ago that the rich, if they become bankrupt, they start spending money like crazy because they would have to ask for a loan to keep themselves afloat and if it got around that they were bankrupt their friends would run in the opposite direction and no amount of " desperate" and " save my house, my bank account, my children's education fund" is going to convince them.

The article said that what convinced people to give a loan is that when they heard that so and so was bankrupt they said " couldn't be , he just bought....and......and....". If your approach was the right one it would be working more efficiently than it is, if the animal shelter's approach was working, less animals would be euthanized.

The thing is, if it's not working then find out what is working and to me that means looking at what other organizations are doing and see how their approach works. It's not just a matter too, of finding foster homes, how about public accountability for those receiving public funding.

I remember reading about the animal shelter in Calgary, I tuned in late to a radio show and they were discussing their adoption rate. The man( didn't get his name) said that the save rate was 85 percent but he wasn't satisfied until it was 100 percent and he was going to try for the tatooing of cats to ensure that more pets were returned to their owners. He said that if they pick up a dog and it has a tatoo or license- they will return it right to the house- no charge, no penality. He said they couldn't do that for cats but tatooing would enable them, in their vans, to radio the number tatooed inside the cat's ear and find out who the owner is and return the cat- no charge- the same thing they are doing now for dogs. He said that if there is no owner found when they radio , then the animal goes to the shelter but he said that it cuts down tremendously on the number of animals reaching the shelter.

I know, where I live, they say " this animal came in as a stray' and 100 percent of the time the animal is fat, sleek, healthy, well-looked after....someone's pet that got out? Yet there are big fines and many don't pay those fines yet that animal is taking up the space of one who really needed it- one that may have actually been a stray... don't know the reason for this..... more money to be made from pet owners reclaiming their pets than from strays? . Doesn't look like it because their save rate is less than 30 percent and the millions of dollars they receive is going more towards processing .

I remember too, a film made( darn, can't remember the title) about how people brought about change in different areas of society- in the health field, in labour laws, etc and these people went in there like bulldogs and fought and fought, asking for accountability and pushing until they got it.

It requires a special kind of person , I know, to be able to do that but they sure brought about change. There may, too be a tremendous power in uniting organizations to effect change. Individual rescue groups stand the chance of being easily overpowered but various groups together- all across Canada, maybe the USA- could be a formidable force for change. And the thing is too, that these processing plants( aka some city-run animal shelters) are not without a weak link because they are publically funded and because of that they have to answer to the public as to how the money given to them is spent. That's not being done, at least not to the extent it should be. Maybe that's a major part of the problem.

SnowDancer
August 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
I could foster, but what I absolutely could not do is keep the foster dog separated from my dog or treat him/her any differently than my own dog. I would have to pick a foster dog very carefully, ensure that he/she - most likely a she because I have a male - would get along, because frankly, the dog would never leave. My dog sleeps on the bed, so would the foster, if pup so desired. My dog goes to socialization once a week, so the foster dog would have to go to (for sure my dog would "insist" on this). Even if I were prepared to keep the foster dog separate, it would be a logistical nightmare as we live in a small bungalow - and we do also have the 22 lb. cat. There is also the problem that if my dog knew there was another dog behind a door somewhere in the house there would be no peace. So for me it would come down to whether I was prepared to take another dog and if so, my vet would very happily find one for me. (Even though I don't have a fenced yard! - just someone who never, ever would let her dog off leash - always picking breeds that can dig (hounds) and jump (Eskimos). There are cats of course, but my current cat is the last of my 5 rescues and has been trying to do me in for 15 years - loves me to death - same situation as happycats and Chico.

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
I don't portend to know all of the answers on the subject, probably there are others more experienced than I whom we have yet to hear from. Yet , " Foster homes desperately needed........" connotes desperation( which, of course ,you may very well be)...but if you relay that to the prospective caretaker do you think possibly it may be taking the opposite effect ? And " abandoned... denotes, what, that no one wanted it? Why, was there a problem ? Upon hearing that, you, in rescue work already, may step in, but alot of the people you are trying to get interested in the great rewards( as well as the tribulations but hmmm, we'll leave that for the time being) may be turned off by the urgency of it all.To say, thisanimal needsthisandthatand youhavetodothisandthatbecauseit'sreallyreallyurgen tandifyoudon'tstepinright now........"Might it have the opposite effect than the one you want?

And what would your suggestion be? We ARE desperate, or rather, these animals are desperate. They are starving and freezing and abandoned by immoral people who get pets and refuse to be responsible for them.

This has nothing to do with rich people or Britney Spears - all of whom are supposedly adults of at least normal intelligence who can take care of themselves.

An animal dumped because it sheds too much, eats too much, or is in the way and left to starve on the street cannot take care of itself.

So what should we say, to try and get people to help and care? I"m open to suggestions. Should we convey that help is not really needed, when there are approximately 1,000,000 feral, abandoned and stray cats on the streets of Montreal? What is the "right approach", as you see it?

There are NO "great rewards" to saving and fostering animals, except the reward you personally feel at seeing a doomed and defenseless creature saved and placed in a loving home.

Anyone looking for rewards needs to look elsewhere, since doing this is tough, frustrating and often heartbreaking.

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Re:

"And what you're suggestion be? We ARE desperate, or rather, these animals are desperate. They are starving and freezing and abandoned by immoral people who get pets and refuse to be responsible for them.
This has nothing to do with rich people or Britney Spears - all of whom are supposedly adults of at least normal intelligence who can take care of themselves.
"An animal dumped because it sheds too much, eats too much, or is in the way and left to starve on the street cannot take care of itself.
So what should we say, to try and get people to help and care? I"m open to suggestions. Should we convey that help is not really needed, when there are approximately 1,000,000 feral, abandoned and stray cats on the streets of Montreal? What is the "right approach", as you see it?
There are NO "great rewards" to saving and fostering animals, except the reward you personally feel at seeing a doomed and defenseless creature saved and placed in a loving home.
Anyone looking for rewards needs to look elsewhere, since doing this is tough, frustrating and often heartbreaking."

Actually it has alot to do with Britney Spears and rich people . It also has to do with Save the Children's Fund and any other approach that works. My suggestion? I think I already said it. Look into how organizations that deal with the welfare of others are faring , and if they are successful, what is their approach and how can you adapt it to your particular area of concern. How's your approach working? If you convey, even in manner, half of what your attitude is as stated above, no wonder people aren't rushing to foster. Maybe there wouldn't be 1,000,000 animals on the street if there was more accountability and more affordability. Where is this indignation where animal shelters are concerned? Are you satisfied that for the money they receive they are doing enough? What could you accomplish better than they, for that amount of money? And why aren't you making this known? Accountability? Who better to demand it then those already involved? No one is going to listen to anyone who doesn't know the ins and outs of rescue work.You don't know what the solution is? How much time was spent in trying to find a solution( you were asking me what the solution was so I wonder........)? And if you do know of a solution did you inform people who could make a difference, who could make the necessary changes?Was this brought to public attention...... " I could do better with the funding because I propose to........" Did you not ever think " if only........." and did this only involve irresponsible pet owners? And if you don't know of a solution isn't it of crucial importance to find one unless you intend to keep spinning your wheels, so to speak. This latter approach could easily become grueling, grinding , fruitless, and hopeless without an end in sight. You are desperate you say? Are you desperate enough to look for a solution. I suggested an approach. Others can too . It reminds me of a story I once read( and yes, it has something to do with the topic at hand); A baker was baking loaf after loaf of bread until his bakery overflowed. There was no more room anymore in the bakery, every crook and cranny was filled to the brim ,and the workers wondered where they could possibly put the loaves that continued to pour forth. . In the rush, many of the loaves became damaged, stepped on, some were discarded and everyone thought it was a real shame but still the baker baked. Everyone racked their brains as to where else they could possibly put the loaves and soon ran out of ideas ....and space.. No one ever thought to say ' STOP THE BAKER!!"

And as for the work being " tough, frustrating, and often heartbreaking" sometimes in the very centre of that lies the greatest reward of all.

LL1
August 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Rescues do network with each other and brainstorm.Shelters are not the problem.Can you help these dogs or cats?

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 07:45 PM
justncase are you offering to foster a dog maybe?

BMDLuver
August 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM
Question: Has anyone evaluated these dogs at all?

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
No, I'm not one of these people who says but doesn't do. I'm trying to find a way out of this for everyone, especially the animals. There's got to be a solution. Everyone said " education" but when that was started many years ago, staff from the shelters went into the schools to educate on the importance of spaying/neutering. Those children must have grandchildren by now. Where is the benefit they all promised? The shelter where I live takes in enough money to spay/neuter every pet in sight as well as pay for all of their vaccinations and medical bills yearly yet the money just goes for staff to process....saleable.....not saleable....Absolutely no accountability.

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Can you share with us what you are 'doing' then ?

Are you fostering currently? Or are you interested in fostering, you've been vague...how come? Am I asking too personal information..if so forgive me but most people don't mind saying they foster. It's something to be proud of!

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
I am involved. But do not wish to say more than that, at this time. This is getting just a little bit off the topic here also. The thing is that things are being done individually, and that is very commendable but has it produced the desired result ? Has anyone seen any reduction in the number of animals entering the shelters in their city over, say, the last ten years? Five years? Are there less cases of abuse? Neglect?Is there any sign of improvement in any aspect of animal welfare that you can see? For the amount of money spent by municipalities and for the amount of effort expended by animal welfare agencies/rescue groups should there be? If you can't say that there is, then what, in your opinion, is the problem, and how can it be corrected. I 'm not saying I have all the answers. But by asking questions maybe there will be some.

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
The spay / neuter of just one animal is success, the rescue and adoption of just one is also success.

If you are involved then please share with us what works for you and the organization you are with. Then perhaps others can consider doing the same if you've had success with it.

I don't think it's off topic because we're all curious as to what direction you come from, including your own experience/s with rescue/adoption.

Simply because without direct exposure and viewing only from the outside there is only a little that one can know.

Having said that you indicate you are involved, please do share with us all your secrets in how you make positive changes and your success.

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
If you convey, even in manner, half of what your attitude is as stated above, no wonder people aren't rushing to foster.

What's wrong with my attitude, and with asking people who seem interested if they want to foster? People who love animals want to help. Those who do not, won't. Others sit and criticize those who are doing their best, while doing absolutely nothing themselves.

Hey, we got homes for over 230 animals in the last year and a half. I can't be that horrid!:D

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Yes to me that is GREAT success LR :D

Maybe there is a lot we can learn from justncase, I am DYING to find out all the secrets that can be shared....imagine LR doubling that number maybe..ok now I dream ;) but hey worth a try!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
then what, in your opinion, is the problem, and how can it be corrected.

The problem is that people won't spay or neuter their pets and keep letting them reproduce, either negligently or deliberately. They don't wish to be educated, and continue buying and dumping intact animals from backyard breeders, brokers, petstores and puppymills.

I have not a clue what the answer to that is. IF anyone has an answer, I"d like to know it.

justncase
August 2nd, 2005, 10:09 PM
Did I say I had all the answers? I don't think I did and I think I said that, several times. I had suggested several things that I thought might help. Obviously, not. If someone else had a suggestion then maybe that could lead into another direction none of us had thought of, like the shelter that was overrun with animals and programs were made and the animals were adopted. That was something that worked. It produced a result. Maybe it wouldn't work for everyone. Maybe it would. If no one can offer any other suggestions out there then no wonder things are in the state they're in.
LR,
re
"Hey, we got homes for over 230 animals in the last year and a half. I can't be that horrid!" I would ask. Any reduction in the numbers coming in? Doesn't that indicate something? "

I thought I could open up a discussion. I didn't think I was going to be put in a position of having to have all the answers. I don't. If I did, you'd certainly hear about it far and wide. But I don't. I thought some insight from those heavily into rescue could shed some light on things, and perhaps as other suggestions and ideas came forward there might be a way no one has thought of yet but it seems to have become lost in either " look how well we're doing." or a type of " help, we're drowning here" .
This whole thing has become lost in a sea of " hey, we're doing the best we can". Maybe you are. Good for you. If you're satisfied with that, then fine.
I am not going to continue to respond to this thread because it would appear that no one is interested in brainstorming.Say what you will, my response to this thread is done.

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Oh my goodness :eek:

marko
August 3rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
IMO - the selfless people that work in rescue know that they cannot completely solve the spay/neuter problem, irresponsible owner problem, puppy mill/BYB problem. The tide is too large.

They do the best they can helping 1 dog at a time. One cat at a time. They educate people one post at a time.

But after a while the word does get out and 1 thread can be read 10,000 times, and maybe help a quite few people. Some people do become more educated.

Sure you can compare a bucket of water to a tide - but at the end of the day some pets and pet owners that would not have been helped are helped.

Better solutions are always welcome and we wait for them all the time.

LR - 230 pets is amazing! Kudos!

Sincerely,

Marko

Lil'RickyMom
August 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Well, an update for those of you interested: Lots of talk about rescuing the GSD's from the seizure back in the Spring, but everytime I go there, they're still on death row. So altogether, some of us have taken out 6 of them and sent them to a no-kill shelter.

Lots of talk, not much action taken for these poor dogs. Don't even understand why they're on death row. All of them are as sweet as can be.

There are those who rescue, and there are those who rescue......Rescuing means going out of your way to help save a life. That's my philosophy.

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 10:54 AM
But after a while the word does get out and 1 thread can be read 10,000 times, and maybe help a quite few people. Some people do become more educated.
Yes and a bucket of water is started with just one drop!

Nothing is done in vain if it's done with good intention.

GSDRescueBC
August 11th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to this thread after I posted a few days ago.
Justincase, I wanted to thank you for trying to help and trying to come up with new ideas. The dogs need more people coming together to help them. Especially this breed that is not particularly rare...
I have found that there are a lot of obstacles in the way to get support for the GSD. This is a breed that is hugely misunderstood by the public at large and yes, resources are needed to educate the general public.
The amount of help/fosters is just not enough to take on the huge amount of dogs that need us.
As far as I know, there are only 3 GSD rescues across Canada, but yet 80 -85% of the dogs in shelters are GSDs or GSD mixes. The sheer volumes are staggering some days.
I appreciate all your thoughts on ways to help them, and please feel free to email me anytime with your thoughts and ideas. GSDRescue@shaw.ca

Now.... what happened to these 3 GSDs? did they get help?

Kelly

Lil'RickyMom
August 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM
All of them have been pulled out by myself and a fellow rescuer, and brought to Ontario to a no-kill shelter. Unfortunately, we did not take one of them on one of the trips, expecting to take him in the next batch,, and he was euthanized before we could get him out. All others have been pulled out (the ones that were left). I'm trying to find out if any of these were sent to SPCA Laval. Does anyone know?