Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

found stafordshire July 25,2005

chis
July 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM
We have found an Intact male, older we think, he is stiff in the morning. He has no collar. He is a wonderful boy full of fun. We live in the Hwy 89 and Airport Road area north of Orangeville. He seems to be an inside kind of guy, but I am very allergic to him so he is in the barn and on the porch. He has chosen to stay for now. I hope if he is yours you can contact us soon.

mona_b
July 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
What you can do is post pics of him.

Also,plaster them all over the place.Malls,vets,stores,you name it.

Also,can you take him to the vets to get him checked for a Microchip?

Can you post a pic of him on here?

Georgiapeaches
July 29th, 2005, 11:33 AM
No offense, but I would NOT plaster pictures of him everywhere. Anyone could then give a description and say that he is their's. Pitbulls sadly do attract the wrong type of people and this poor guy could fall into the wrong hands.
Post FOUND signs with a short description, don't include something that someone could identify him. You may get shady phone calls.
It sounds like he was taken care of so hopefully the owner is looking for him and could easily id him.
Good luck with him and I hope he reunites with his owner.

Luba
July 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
If the owners contact you get a reference from their vet and photographs from them to compare to the dog....it's pretty easy and straight fwd..that way the dog isn't going to the 'wrong home'

Posters are FINE with pics on them in my opinion if you do your research on those who apply for the dog as theirs.

LL1
July 31st, 2005, 02:36 PM
How do you figure?Intact male,no collar,running stray.
It sounds like he was taken care of so hopefully the owner is looking for him and could easily id him.
Good luck with him and I hope he reunites with his owner.

Georgiapeaches
August 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
How do you figure?Intact male,no collar,running stray.

Being intact doesn't mean he was not taken care of, it means they weren't responsible enough to neuter.
Him running stray, means they weren't responsible and were not taking care of his well being.
The collar....maybe he was wearing one and it came off, who knows.

The only reason I stated it sounded as if he had been taken care of, is because he is older and the OP stated he is an inside kind of guy. Where has he been his whole life, not wandering the streets as a stray obviously?!? The OP also didn't suggest he was scarred, malnourished, fearful, etc.

Look I am the last person to defend some idiot who has his dog runnning loose. But, atleast this poor guy wasn't found curled up in a ditch with a leather belt wrapped around his neck(possibly used as the collar/leash), with scarring and his spine and ribs protruding from his body. This is how Daisy, who'm we adopted last year, had been found at the age of 6 months.
If this dog had been in rough or neglected physical shape I'm sure the OP would have stated it.
I am also not naive enough to believe that people don't dump their healthy and sound dogs everyday just because they become an inconvenience. People do all the time with no second thoughts.
I was just making a point that if he has been taken care of up to this point in his life hopefully the owners are out searching and it was a freak accident that would be prevented in the future. Oh and of course they already had a neuter appointment booked, but okay maybe I am naive.

Luba
August 11th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Have ya had any luck yet? No nibbles on who this dog belongs to?
What a shame, someone must be missing him!