Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Petition against Colorado Denver Pit Bull Ban

Copper'sMom
July 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Here's the link to sign the petition AGAINST Colorado Denver Pit Bull Ban. Only 306 signatures so far! So PLEASE PLEASE sign it!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/zsazsa1/

City Attorney Korey Nelson says it's ok to shoot loose Pit Bulls in the streets! Geeze, some people don't even know what a Pit Bull looks like! This is a horrendous situation to condone gunfire in the streets!

Georgiapeaches
July 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I had posted this...but like 5 minutes after I noticed a few rude signature/comments
:mad:

Copper'sMom
July 28th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I read a few rude comments on the petition. The thing is, the people who SIGNED it is a good thing even though they are all for the ban. These are the dumb idiots in society that obviously aren't brilliant. They signed the petition AGAINST the ban even though their comments were all for the ban! DUH!

Georgiapeaches
July 28th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I read a few rude comments on the petition. The thing is, the people who SIGNED it is a good thing even though they are all for the ban. These are the dumb idiots in society that obviously aren't brilliant. They signed the petition AGAINST the ban even though their comments were all for the ban! DUH!

Yeah I'm not too sure they realize that. :p to them
It's just irritating to see them still.

bluntman
July 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
At least those rude comments are only on a pettition Georgiapeaches, I get to hear rude comment's at least once a week from my back neighbor who hate's rotties and pit bulls, and he like's to let everyone he talks to know it. He told me last week that someone once tried to tell him it's the owners, not the dog's that are to blame, he said bull sh#t, it's the dog's, thats why he had pits and rotties banned at a posh trailer park he was at, once he was ellected to the board. Yet dispite the fact he hate's them, him and his wife go to the fence every night, call the dogs over, and gives them all a treat, I think in his small mind, he figures once the "ticking time bombs" go off, the dogs will eat all the other neighbors, and spare them.

Luvmypit
July 28th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I want to know how I can send an email to this freak of nature. If anyone finds his email address before me please post.

I am so sick sick sick of this ... I can't believe a city offical would say such a thing. I just can't believe that they can be this dumb. Dumb. But this dumb?

Georgiapeaches
July 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I'm searching for his specific email addy, but can only find the general one for the City's attorney office.
Anyhow, I searched his name in Yahoo...found some of his reviews on books regarding pitbulls, etc. at amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1CBLEJGI6WJYA/102-7173383-7444965?_encoding=UTF8

babyrocky1
July 28th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I just signed the petition....were did they find this guy...what a psycho! whats going to happen when one of these yahoos killls a kid that gets in the way! Early on when the ban was first proposed and I was talking to people about it I said "well what about the people who really have attack trained their dogs, what if they just abandon them once they become a liability? the response was, from a lot of pro banners...thats okay the cops can just shoot them! These comments were made the week that the cops had entered into a car chase with some neighborhood crook and during the chase had driven through the front window of a restaraunt! obviously they dont care about our dogs but these people dont even have the sense to see what kind of danger this poses to everyone in the society..a politician saying that? No talk of banning GUNS though! Too sick for words! Im glad the petiction calls for his resignation!

babyrocky1
July 28th, 2005, 04:42 PM
. Yet dispite the fact he hate's them, him and his wife go to the fence every night, call the dogs over, and gives them all a treat, I think in his small mind, he figures once the "ticking time bombs" go off, the dogs will eat all the other neighbors, and spare them.
Thats hysterical Bluntman, you should make him test the treats before you give it to your babys LOL Is this the house you were planning on keeping?I hope this is not your "forever" neighbor :crazy:

bluntman
July 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Is this the house you were planning on keeping?I hope this is not your "forever" neighbor :crazy:
No, thank goodness, this is not the new place, I'm still at the old place, I hope to be moveing by October. There at least my new neighbor has a nice pit bull, so I'm sure things will be better there :thumbs up

Luvmypit
July 29th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I read the reviews of the books he read.

LOL. He really is going out of his way. SOmething that he accuses of anti-BSL people.

Who does this? Someone who has something to prove. Maybe something he may not be so sure off. Hoping maybe if someone decides to do their own research he can discredit the book and bias them before then can form their own opinions.