Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some help with a management decision

Rick C
July 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
My assistant just rocketed into my office and said she wants to drive home to Okotoks immediately, a few minutes southwest of Calgary, because Brad Pitt is filming a scene for his new movie in town.

Should I let her go?

I imagine my wife has already left, running over the dogs on the way, as we live only a few minutes out of town.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Rottielover
July 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I say go for it, does not happen every day, is she a normally good worker?, If you answered yes to the last one, then it would not hurt

Dragonfly
July 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Give a girl a break. It isn't everyday that we get to see something that GORGEOUS in person!

Luvmypit
July 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Ahh I would say as long as she is a good worker why not. Let her go!

It is bradd pitt. And only once.

Beaglemom
July 27th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I also say let her go, but only if she is a good worker and dependable and you can do without her assistance for today. I think it would be a great way to show her how you appreciate her work.

Rick C
July 27th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well, I did offer to let her go but she said she was mostly kidding, that Brad isn't the star in her eye that he used to be ever since taking up "with that Angelina Jolie person."

So she's still here.

However, word is spreading through the mostly female office and who knows how many might be left here this afternoon.

Since he's filming a western, I would imagine he's doing an inside scene in the town anyway.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

shannon1233A
July 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I agree with everyone let her go if you can do without her, but only if she'll take me with her :sorry: just kidding

StaceyB
July 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Apparently he is having an "open" extras. He is taking many who show up for the movie. I heard female w/ long hair are preferred for this. It you can handle things w/o her and she is usually dependable let her go. If she isn't say no.

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 12:41 PM
If it was winter, I'd say no. But since it is summer and they all did show up for work, I'd cut them some slack. :D

Rick C
July 27th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Apparently he is having an "open" extras. He is taking many who show up for the movie. I heard female w/ long hair are preferred for this. It you can handle things w/o her and she is usually dependable let her go. If she isn't say no.

In that case, where can I get a wig and a padded bra!!

I've given her a couple of chances to go in the last few minutes but now I'm reduced to talking her into it . . . . some shyness kicking in on her part I think.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Blaze01
July 27th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Let her go...
I no longer have much respect for Jolie anymore either...

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Be careful, Blaze-- If Rick is management, he might take "Let her go" as "Fire her"... You know how bosses are. :rolleyes: :D

kandy
July 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
As a business owner, and an 'Administrative Assistant' (when exactly did Secretary become a bad word? - it's much easier to type) I agree with the others that if she's a good worker then it would be okay - but it sounds like the point is moot if she won't go anyway.

For me, Brad Pitt wouldn't flip my switch. Now if it was Keanu Reeves, then outta my way! :o I did get to meet Adrian Paul (Highlander TV Series) in person once though. Couldn't say anything to him cuz I was worried that I'd puke on him. :D Just got his autograph, murmured thanks and stumbled on my weak knees from the room. ***sighs***

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I heard Brad Pitt has BO. Another jealous husband told me...

Rick C
July 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I heard Brad Pitt has BO. Another jealous husband told me...

His BO problems were reported in People at one time as well I think.

My assistant is still here . . . . I did give her the OK but she's chickened out so far. She's talking about taking her son to the Calgary "extra's" auditions though.

She works from 7 to 3 so she's only a few minutes from quittin' time right now.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

chico2
July 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Aww Schwinn :D :D
About Angelina Jolie,blown-up lips and all,I actually like what she is doing,too bad she could not adopt a dozen kids from Africa,her latest little adoptee,a girl called Sahara is a very lucky little girl!
Even at my age,I find Brad Pitt adorable,so Rick let your employee go :thumbs up maybe you should go too and check up on your wife :eek:

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I do not find Angelina Jolie attractive, and I think it is more due to her persona that her looks. Everytime I look at her, I think of walking through the park and finding a piece of pizza with extra cheese sitting on a table. Man, it looks good, but I have no idea who has touched it or done what to it. :yuck: