Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Memorial Garden

RothyCat
July 26th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I've attached a photo of the Memorial Garden in my parents' backyard in Munster, ON (near Ottawa).....I've also pasted photos of cats that are buried or have a memorial in the garden...
ROTHY - Missing since October 24, 2002. There's a memorial for him since we don't know whether he's alive or dead. He was born April 25, 2000 and adopted on June 16, 2000. He is/was my baby, and the cat I is/was most attached to, if I had to pick one!
GYPSY - first cat my parents owned together when they moved to Munster. She was born in 1978 and adopted from the Ottawa Humane Society in January 1979 (she was born before I was in August 1979). She died in January 1998 right after the big Ice Storm. I think the cold (we didn't have power for 9 days so no heating except for a fire in the family room) temperature really got to her and she never recovered.
BROWNIE - He started showing up at the door as a stray asking for food in 1985. We assume he was born sometime in 1984. He was diagnosed with a heart murmur but lived until Easter Weekend in 1997 due to complications from the heart murmur (he had trouble breathing and he died before we could get him to a vet).
BUDDY - We adopted him from our vet, Dr. Dorit Fischler at Crossing Bridge Veterinary Clinic in Stittsville in 1997 after Brownie died. It was geussed that he was born about 1995. He had been found as a stray in Carleton Place. He was later diagnosed with a heart murmur (the vet hadn't heard it earlier) and was euthaized in December 2002 when he started showing the same signs that Brownie had shown (trouble breathing).

****NOT PICTURED****

TUMBLES - My sister's bunny. He was adopted in 2000 and 'accidently' died in 2002. Tumbles was outside in the backyard in his 'rabbit run' when the neighbours' husky dog jumped the fence.....I'll leave it at that.
PUMPKIN - pet gerbil. Died in 1998.
PEPPERMOUSE - pet gerbil. Died in 1995.

doggy lover
July 26th, 2005, 03:10 PM
That is so nice. Here is a pic of our last dog Travis's grave at our cottage up north.

doggy lover
July 26th, 2005, 03:15 PM
This is a pic of Travis. Taken a few days before we had to put him to sleep.