Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where are you?

StaceyB
July 26th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I see occasionally see references of some of you being from places other than Canada. I don't mean to ask anything personal from anyone. If you don't mind I would like to know the areas in which this site covers. City, Province, Country? It is kind of neat to hear how things are done, differently or the same as here. We learn from all we meet, good or bad.

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Montreal... :D

StaceyB
July 26th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Nice to meet you, Ottawa here. Have you always lived there?

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 12:47 AM
No I grew up about an hour north of Montreal, in the bush, and then I moved to the city, then to Ireland for a while, then to Whistler, then to Habitat 67 for a couple of months (tourist attraction-- where I met my man, the security guard... reer...), then to Ahunstic (part of montreal), then to Laval, which is still part of the MUC (Montreal Urban Community...). :D

StaceyB
July 26th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Wow, that's quite the travels.
Thought I was bad. Nova Scotia to Germany, to Vancouver Island, to Trenton(the hole), and then to Ottawa

Puppyluv
July 26th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Montreal too. But from Calgary; a western girl born and raised, and now in the Canadian city of sins :p

april21h1
July 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM
i was born in charlottetown, pei and still live here.

shannon1233A
July 26th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I'm in Elora, on. It's outside of Guelph, Ontario

Prin, wow, we've lived in many of the same places. I lived in St. Hubert and Laval, as ex was in the Air Force! So was father, so Germany, France, Saskachewan, Borden...too many to remember them all.

IRELAND, wow, my husband is from Northern Ireland, County Down, Portevogie exactly. He came to Canada when he was 21 (63 now) to work but his family is still all there. He goes every year, I don't fly anymore (long story), and miss Ireland very much. I absolutely loved it there, and used to go every year too for the first 15 years of marriage. Ireland is such a special place,
and if it wasn't for my grown kids and grandchildren as well as elderly parents, I'd move there in a heartbeat! Where abouts in Ireland were you?

Dogastrophe
July 26th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Halifax via Fredericton via Charlottetown via Saint John (plus a few summer job locales along the way)

BMDLuver
July 26th, 2005, 07:59 AM
wow, some of you have lived in some amazing places. I would move to Ireland in a heartbeat as I loved it there! I spent the first 29 years of my life in and around Montreal then off to Ontario repeatedly then came back full circle to Montreal. Kind of boring, lol.

dogznfish
July 26th, 2005, 10:05 AM
yOOHOOO

Right smack in the middle of the bald a$$ed prairie here!!! Medicine Hat, Alberta!

Jazz&Cricket
July 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Born and raised outside of Sudbury Ontario....moved to Elliot Lake....now on 160 acres of farmland in Massey :D

Rick C
July 26th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Southwest of Calgary, 25 minutes from the city, eight minutes from Okotoks, 10 minutes from Millarville!!

On the side of a hill. Not as bald-assed as Medicine Hat for sure!!

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1060751_edited-2.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

StaceyB
July 26th, 2005, 11:23 AM
That's beautiful.

Blaze01
July 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I live in a small town out side of Charlotte, North Carolina...very boring but i have to admit I love it here...everything is slow and the people are so nice. Older people always have stories about your Grandparents and your parents...and the "big city" (charlotte) is only about 30-45 mins away.

shannon1233A
July 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Jazz&Cricket, wow Sudbury, I went to University there many, many, many years ago. Built a house on Falconbridge Road, do you know it? Also North Bay!

Rick C, okay, now I REALLY want to come live with you, can I bring Shannon and Kenzie...ummm if hubby is a problem, well, c'est la vie! :evil:

Puppyluv
July 26th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Oh Rick, that beautiful picture makes me miss home so much :(

pags
July 26th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Well, we live in a little town just off the Gulf of Mexico called Pascagoula. That's Pascagoula, Jackson County, State of Mississippi, USA. Do I love Pascagoula? No - not really. We came here because my husband was commuting 100 miles per day to get to his job here at the shipyard and it was starting to get on our nerves. :D We stayed because we realized we would never be able to afford this house anywhere else.

It's slow and quiet and near a large body of water -- that's all I really want.

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I lived in the south of Ireland in a tiny town called Midleton. It was VERY Catholic (a woman I lived with for a while went to church 6 days a week..) and VERY pro-IRA. The media here portrays the IRA as ruthless bombers, and then you go there, and you realize it's actually very structured terrorism, and it's not the world vs the IRA, it's the IRA (Irish Catholics) vs the Ulster (England Protestants). I stayed with another woman in Northern Ireland for a weekend and she showed me around. Her dad was bombed by the IRA (he was a judge), and she was dragged out of her car at 6 years old by the hair and beat up by a group of Ulster ADULTS because there was Catholic literature on the dash. She sides heavily with the IRA, even though they have made countless threats on her family. Very different there...

But I have to say, from afar, Ireland is beautiful. But up close... I don't know. I grew up in Quebec where there is "joie de vivre" so they say. And in Ireland, there is REALLY none of that. People take stuff for granted over there like I would never have imagined.

They complain about the weather- it's the same friggen weather year round! Get used to it! I mean look at us here- it's been hot for like a month now, and the first week or so we complain, and then we stop. The weather hasn't changed. We just learn to live with it.

And here, on weekends, there is an exodus to the country. So much so that there are traffic jams and "cottage country traffic reports" on the radio. Over there, on the sunniest of sunny days, I was alone on the beach. And it was Saturday. People just don't appreciate stuff, and after spending a year there, it was soooo depressing. There's just no joy in the little things over there.

And the alcoholism is rampant. Every night, every store doorway has a drunk person in it. Every week, someone drunk tries to drown themselves in the river in Cork. On Sundays, the stores and restaurants are closed, but the pubs open at 9 AM.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a ton while I was there, and I don't regret it. I just wouldn't move there. It's the kind of place you go for a while and then come home and figure out why you love it here so much. :D

Oh and there are hardly any animals in Southern Ireland except for the dogs and cats who are really not well taken care of. It's really sad. I can't live without animals around. I mean, this house could fall apart, but as long as there are birds and toads, and maybe my ground hog, I'll be content. :)

So the moral of my story is, go to Ireland and live there for a year or two and then decide if it's permanent. Canada is great.

It's sort of like living in a resort town.. When you visit, it's fun, but when you live there, you realize what makes it fun kinda isn't so fun...

MollysMommy
July 26th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA finishing up my degrees at the University of Michigan. I can't stand Ann Arbor, and I can't wait to move out. It's too dirty and busy. Not really sure where I'm going after college, but I'm sure it'll be close to my family who lives in Midland, Michigan. I would hate to live far away from them.

Jazz&Cricket
July 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Shannon1233...yep, definitely know Falconbridge Rd. My friends live in Garson by the golfcourse. All my family (mom, brothers, sisters) live in Whitefish..or close by. I'm 75 km. away...and still the one farthest from home :)
My favourite high school teacher lives in or around Elora.. I keep threatening to go visit...maybe I should!

Jazz&Cricket
July 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Home sweet home...the dogs favourite pastime...racing through the fields :)

Jackie467
July 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
This is an interesting thread. I was born and raised in a little town near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA, then moved here to Houston Texas USA about 2 years ago. The only places in Canada I'v ever visited is Niagra falls and Toronto. I liked both places a lot.

CyberKitten
July 26th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Maritimes born and bred. Spend most of my time in Halifax these days but I also have a home in northern NB.

Re: And in Ireland, there is REALLY none of that. People take stuff for granted over there like I would never have imagined.

I have to beg to differ. Many summers I teach at Trinity College and work in Dublin - and I would say exactly the opposite. I realize saying Dublin reps Ireland is akin to suggesting Montreal (or the Maritimes( is a good example of the rest of the Canada but I don't see that in rural Ireland either. My family has a home in County Mayo and I have yet to meet an Irish person who takes anything for granted. Irish history - esp if you are Catholic - is littered with so much oppression and hunger and heartbreak - and I have been brought up as an Irish person never to take anything for granted. I do find Canadians take much for granted because we have so much!

Anyway - it's a busy day and I could say more but have to get going!

Luvmypit
July 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
My family is orriginally from Dingle Bay Ireland. My grandma was a protestant and my grandfather a catholic. Thank god that my grandmother switched to catholic. NOt that there is anything wrong with protestant but anyone that knows the history will agree they just don't get along.

I was born in Scarborough, ON, Raised there till about ...hmmm/ last month.... I don't have the heart to change my location to Ajax. My mom and pops still live in Scarborough. I have never lived anywhere else. I do not like change. I even had a hard time moving from a rough part of scarborough from an apartment to a nice area and house in Ajax. I love nature so I enjoy my new place (close to the lake, lots of bunnies and frogs). But I also love the sound of sirens, traffic, and people.

doggy lover
July 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Ok I live in Scarborough now, I was born in Barking Essex England came to Toronto, moved to North York, then to Scarborough at 13 where I have stayed. I also have a cottage near Owen Sound.

CyberKitten
July 26th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Wow! Lots of Irish - my grandfather was born in Dublin, my grandmother in Galway.

I've lived in Canada most of my life but also in Vermont, (loved it - Burlington), spent time on a kibbutz in Israel, and in Ireland. I have lived in too many countries to count working with Drs. without Borders but it was never fulltime. I did live in Paris for maybe 8 mos when my ex went to study there - and we spent Xmas in Russia on a French tour. I spemt most of my time away from there tho with Dr.s without Borders in Africa. Oh and Boston where I went to med school. I love Boston too! :)

shannon1233A
July 26th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Jazz& Cricket, sure, I'll put coffee or tea on, anytime. Maybe your fav teacher taught one of my kids? They did their 7th grade through high school in Fergus/Elora

Prin & Cyberkitten, there is alot of Irish isn't there. I must say, my experience with Ireland was more like Cyberkitten's as well. My husband the Irish Protestant one, (I'm the French Catholic one) doesn't drink at all, never did. Nor did his parents, or his sister. His brother, OTOH, lets not go there, lol

I found the country beautiful, and the people friendly and laid back. Too laid back. I remember being upset because we'd gone to the butchers to get some meat and honestly, everyone "visited" with him at least 20 minutes. I think it took us 2 hours in there because each and every person spoke to him about daily life things, as if they were having coffee or something. It was the same in the bakerys.

I was afraid to go over with all the IRA trouble you'd hear about. But it's blown way out of purportion in our media IMO. I know it happens, but there's also violence in the US and Canada.

Prin, I'm sorry you had a different experience than I. Maybe it's because you knew people "in the know" with the IRA, or maybe it's more prevelant in the South. Hubby says it's like they're 2 different cultures, and therefore, you likely would experience 2 different views even in the day to day goings on.

dmc123
July 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I am in North Carolina, USA, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I was born in Michigan, but have lived mostly in the southeastern United States, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and NC.

Diane

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Prin, I'm sorry you had a different experience than I. Maybe it's because you knew people "in the know" with the IRA, or maybe it's more prevelant in the South. Hubby says it's like they're 2 different cultures, and therefore, you likely would experience 2 different views even in the day to day goings on. I wasn't afraid of the IRA while I was there. The south is 90% Catholic, so that's never where the trouble is.

The trouble I had with Ireland was more deep-rooted than that.

Aside from what I already mentioned above, my roommate tried to commit suicide twice- each time while I came home for the weekend. She felt so out of place there. She had to hide that she didn't go to church (there were several masses a day, so they could assume she always went to a different one). She was a single 33 year old woman, which is so frowned upon, even though it's so common now that the women are raised to have careers and the men still want housewives. I told her that her whole life would be considered ordinary in Canada. Really it would. Single 30 year olds who don't go to church?

Keep in mind that Midleton is a tiny town where some people have never left the city boundaries their entire lives-- never even to see the ocean. It was a tiny town, about 20 000 people.

And the first woman that I lived with, who went to church nearly every day to confess and go to mass? She was a 76 year old virgin. I asked her what she had to confess about, and she told me she didn't feel like praying today. Why couldn't she walk in the cofession booth one day, and the priest say, "Look Ms O'mahony, get out of here. Go LIVE! You come in here every day and repent and you're missing your entire life feeling guilty!"

Maybe Dublin has caught up with the times, but the south has a long way to go.

melanie
July 26th, 2005, 11:35 PM
i live in the state of new South Wales in Australia...

and i neeeEEEeever get to go annnyyy wheeerrreee (the supermarket does not count) like the adventurous mob here.... man that sucks big time..i wanna go somewheres.... :p

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Come here Melanie!! :) We can have cultural and language misunderstandings in person!

toby's tracy
July 27th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Me, I've very recently moved to the West Island of Montreal (Dorval). I was born in Montreal and between the time I was born till now (37 years...) have lived all over Montreal (downtown, laval, ville st laurent, kirkland, plateau, st henri, pointe st charles, ndg, little italy...), in New York (when I was 5 - I finally learned the I pledge allegiance speech and then had to move back here!), in Namur, Quebec, in Seoul and Ichon, South Korea and in Beijing, China.

Right now I am very happy in Dorval with my boyfriend, Toby, and my garden...oh, and poopy too...until August 11. :love:

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Right now I am very happy in Dorval with my boyfriend, Toby, and my garden...oh, and poopy too...until August 11. Maybe if you ate fiber, you wouldn't have to wait that long for your, uh, "poopy".. :D

toby's tracy
July 27th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe if you ate fiber, you wouldn't have to wait that long for your, uh, "poopy".. :D

LOL - Poopy is my boyfriend's mother's cat! She is in Portugal until the 11th of August! :p

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 12:18 AM
oohhh. Ok then. :D

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I "live" in Keswick, north of Newmarket, north of Toronto. What's it like? Don't know. I leave at 6 am, get home at 8 pm. I hear it's nice, though...

Cheryl has been trying to get me to move to Thunder Bay, where she's from. I told her mom that the igloo market was too high right now. She still doesn't find that funny...

Jazz&Cricket
July 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Bad, Shwinn, Bad.... ;) Thunder Bay is a great place! My daughter loved it when she was at Lakehead U. The upside...you probably wouldn't have to leave at 6:00a.m. to get to work

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Bad, Shwinn, Bad.... ;) Thunder Bay is a great place! My daughter loved it when she was at Lakehead U. The upside...you probably wouldn't have to leave at 6:00a.m. to get to work

No, I'd have to leave a lot earlier...Toronto is a long way away!

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I got yelled at in Thunderbay... See, when you talk on a cell phone while pumping gas, there can be an electrical spark generated from the cell that can cause a big explosion. In Quebec, nobody seems to care. Whether they're pumping gas or spinning out in an accident, people refuse to hang up the phone. So I was passing through Thunderbay, and I got a call... They almost didn't let me gas up. :D So I don't like Thunderbay. Just kidding, I'm not that big of a brat. I got rid of the cell phone. Nobody gets between me and my gas! :D

Ohh, and I know somebody whose car was struck by lightning passing through Thunderbay. :D What's the opposite of ironic?

toby's tracy
July 27th, 2005, 12:41 PM
What's the opposite of ironic?

consistent?

kandy
July 27th, 2005, 03:15 PM
My family is orriginally from Dingle Bay Ireland.

Isn't that the bay that is named for the dolphin?? A family member visited there and brought me back a magnet because I absolutely love dolphins.

Back to the topic: Born and raised in a dinky town (since 20,000 is tiny to Prin, then I figure mine must be dinky at 12,000) in Southwest Wyoming, USA. Never lived anywhere else. Of course, according to one site on the web, I am actually living in a giant hole in the ground with a gnome who has hypnotized me. :D http://www.expage.com/destroywyoming

Excuse me - the almighty gnome is requesting my presence - seems I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about him.

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
yer nuts! NUTS! :D :clown:

jessi76
July 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM
north central massachusetts here. (and there's only about 3,000 people in my town... )

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
since 20,000 is tiny to Prin, then I figure mine must be dinky at 12,000
Sorry, I meant tiny city, not tiny town. Yours is a big town. Jessi's is a tiny town. :D

Luvmypit
July 27th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Dolphins and Dingle bay, I am not sure really! Sorry. Makes sense though

Stewart
July 27th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Somerset in the S.W. of England here !

kandy
July 27th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Dolphins and Dingle bay, I am not sure really! Sorry. Makes sense though

I'll have to look at my magnet when I get home - but I'm pretty sure that the dolphin's name is Dingle! The story goes that the dolphin stays in the bay and that he'll allow you to feed him. I would imagine that there has been more than one "Dingle". :p

chico2
July 27th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Born,bred and married in Stockholm,Sweden,hubbie from Toulouse,France(nice combination :D )emmigrated to Canada,been living in Oakville,Ont for many,many years...beautiful town on Lake Ontario :highfive:

doggy lover
July 27th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Hey Schwinn my mum, dad and 2 sisters live in Bradford. My sisters are like you they travel to TO every day. Poor things, but they wouldn't want it any other way. I work with a girl that comes from get this one, are you ready Dildo Newfoundland. When she told me the other day I almost peed myself. They even have a mascot Captain Dildo. I'm going have to check this out on a map.

kandy
July 27th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Hey Schwinn my mum, dad and 2 sisters live in Bradford. My sisters are like you they travel to TO every day. Poor things, but they wouldn't want it any other way. I work with a girl that comes from get this one, are you ready Dildo Newfoundland. When she told me the other day I almost peed myself. They even have a mascot Captain Dildo. I'm going have to check this out on a map.

Now that's hilarious! ROFL! I would never, ever tell anyone where I lived and I would get post office box in another town so I never had to use it for my address! But that does answer the question of where the adult 'toy' stores get all their goodies from! :D

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I work with a girl that comes from get this one, are you ready Dildo Newfoundland. When she told me the other day I almost peed myself. They even have a mascot Captain Dildo. I'm going have to check this out on a map.

I'm getting an oh-so-wrong visual of Captain Dildo in the winter, shivering because he's cold...

Bearsmom
July 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Born in Kansas City, Missouri, raised in Sudbury (nother Sudbury girl here), now live in Orangeville.

mom of rotties
July 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Rick what a beautiful backyard, wish mine was that nice. I live just east of Chestemere on 100 acres.The dogs love to chase everything that runs throught the yard(deer, gophers,mice) and anything that moves......

Eleni
July 28th, 2005, 10:16 AM
I live in St Catharines

Dogastrophe
July 28th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Now that's hilarious! ROFL! I would never, ever tell anyone where I lived and I would get post office box in another town so I never had to use it for my address! But that does answer the question of where the adult 'toy' stores get all their goodies from! :D

If you are ever in the Dildo area, be sure to visit Dildo Run provincial park. :) For a great laugh, take a look at the town/location names on the coasts of Newfoundland. In addition to Dildo, they have: Pecker's Point, Blow Me Down, Pink Poodle, Ass Rock & Ass Hill, Old Man's Head, and on and on and on.

I'm certain Mel could provide us a great list from her part of the world as Australia has some wonderfully comic place names.

Daniac
July 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Born in England, raised in Oakville. Escaped to Toronto as soon as possible! Moved to Norway when I was 20 and lived in Stavanger for a couple of years. Stupidly came back to Toronto and somehow I've now ended up in Hamilton. :eek:

mona_b
July 28th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Schwinn,you are sooooooooooo bad....... :eek: ....LOL

Well I was born and raised in Toronto,in the same house my dad has lived in for 49 years.I moved here in Hamilton almost 2 years ago.

Rottielover
July 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Hey there all, well my history is pretty boring. I was born in Toronto, but raised all my life in Montreal. I am really debating going to Ontario though. They are more rottweiler friendly. Here no one likes them, and everyone is scared of them, so to try and find a place is impossible

Rick C
July 28th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Rick what a beautiful backyard, wish mine was that nice. I live just east of Chestemere on 100 acres.The dogs love to chase everything that runs throught the yard(deer, gophers,mice) and anything that moves......

A little further from the mountains but nice out there all the same . . . . windy though!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

melanie
July 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
prin your funny, i would love to move to canada but i cant till you sort out your winter problems, that is put giant heaters in the sky for me so im not cold, i whinge sooo much in the cold im sure you would deport me :eek: and my love it seems you get yelled at in a few towns, coincedence, i think not.... :p

um my family came from ireland originally to, :p
about 200yrs ago we were sent out on the first fleet as convicts bahahaha, both sides of the family (ah sigh, such trouble makers) and we have lived up to our family heratige ever since :D im a convicts kid and very proud of it (next to aboriginal, 7th gen convicts kids are almost true aussies in my books and something to be very proud of, hey our nation was built on crime :D :D )

dingle bay, dildo, keep em comin their very funny names :D

there is a town in new zealand (lived there a while as a kid) it is a dairy farming town called 'Whykickamoocow' (why-kick-a- moo-cow) they have great icecream if your ever in the vacinity. :D

doggy lover
July 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I think newfies are real jokesters here is another, Come By Chance Newfoundland.

Prin
July 28th, 2005, 07:44 PM
It is Come By Chance because you would never go there on purpose? :D

Melanie- oh sorry, Mel.
Take two.
Mel, if it is soooooo bad here in the winter, how come all our wintery resorts are FULL of Aussies? Some pretty sexy ones, too. :D

When I read you were from Ireland, right away I thought about the convicts but then I thought, "Wow, I really do jump to conclusions..." And then I kept reading... :D

kimbilly
July 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I was born in Cape Town, South Africa. Grew up there and finished school. I then did the travel thing and went to the UK. Lived in Pitlochry, Scotland for 1.5 years and then moved to London, England for 5.5 years. Then moved to Toronto and have been here for 2.5 years :)

I really miss the beauty of South Africa and the salaries in England. Toronto is great and is slowly becoming home.

glasslass
July 28th, 2005, 10:54 PM
The Central Valley in sunny (right now, downright scorching!) California!

StaceyB
July 28th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I can handle hot, but the humidity is what I can't handle.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I was born and raised in Vancouver BC but have been in Vernon BC for about 7 years now. I like it her but the people are kind of cliquey and I dont like that at all. I lived in Toronto for about 6 months when I was in my early twenties, and in London Eng;and when I was in my later twenties with an ex boyfriend I worked at comedy club as a waitress and I was really bad at it, but it was lots of fun and we stayed and partied every night after work and then they paid for my cab home, which was at least my wage or more. It was around the time that Sinead OConner had the "nothing compares to you" hit and we would all belt it out Karoke style after a few beers boy I must say we were very talented.

Rick C
July 28th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I think newfies are real jokesters here is another, Come By Chance Newfoundland.

A great book for crazy Newfoundland fishing village names is "The Shipping News" by Annie Proulx, names like Flour Sack Cove and Killick Claw Harbour or Desperate Cove or even Half-Wit Island.

The name of the newspaper in the book is "The Gammy Bird."

Melanie would probably love that book as well. Better than the movie.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

AliSam
July 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I was born in London, Ontario but raised in East York and then in Scarborough. When I got married 6 years ago, I had to get our of "Scarlem" and moved East just outside Bowmanville. I love it here. I may move North (Newmarket area) in a few years, as my job will take me there.