Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very Proud Mommy

Rottielover
July 25th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Last night Harley showed great courage and sense. He was loose in the house, while we wer upstairs watching t.v. Then all of a sudden we here very deep barks. Not like him at all. I asked my BF if I closed the blinds, and he said yes. So still wondering what he was barking at, I ran down stairs. He was at the blinds. I peeked through and saw nothing, so I put Harley's collar on, and went with him outside. He ran to the fense and started barking again. Then I see it. A white van driving very slowly up and down the street looking at the house. As soon as they saw harley, they drove off. I took him back inside and gave him many kisses and butt scratches. And asked how ???? How did he know what was happening outside without seeing it. He has great sense of protection for his family, and I love him to pieces. After the van went away, he looked at me all proud. As if he was saying I made the bad guy go away for you mommy. Remember he is only 9 1/2 months old......

shannon1233A
July 25th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Do we have a clap smilie? :clap

:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

toby's tracy
July 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Way to go, Harley! :thumbs up :king:

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I love the robber barks! (Except when you're all calm and chilled out...) My old dogs were so protective that way, but Jemma and Boo... not so much... I think they're born with it.

Rottimom
July 25th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Way to go Harley! :love:

Yet another story that reminds me why I love rotties so much!