Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Perfect DoggySitter

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 01:47 PM
The perfect doggy babysitter. Heh heh. We have a huge groundhog under our shed, and now I can leave Boo outside and he doesn't run off. He just hangs around the shed walking back and forth around it, hoping for a furry friend to come out of hiding so he can either play with him or eat him, I'm not quite sure...

It's the DogMommy's equivalent to the television! :D

Lissa
July 25th, 2005, 01:54 PM
That's just what happened with us! We had skunks for 3 years and thankfully now we have groundhogs!! We also had racoons this summer!

It certainly does keep our pets occupied - even Minnow hides in the cedars so she can chase it away (even though the groundhog is 2x bigger than her!)

Oh, the joys of nature!

shannon1233A
July 25th, 2005, 02:15 PM
We have wild rabbits living in the back yard, of course doggys aren't allowed to get to them :D Honest to goodness, they're used to seeing Kenzie, as they sit and graze for the longest time, just out of reach of the tie up rope (a 20 foot lunge line I had for my horse). Bark or anything ,they sit there and stare at them like "What's up?" lol They also know how long the line is and will sit within 3 feet of the end of the rope!

She'll lay in front of the tv for hours if I let her. The vet took video of her watching tv so intently when she came to the house to see her She couldn't believe it, as when I'd change the channel, she'd immediately turn and look at me staring as though she was saying, ''hey, put that back", lol. I expect someday to find the remote in her mouth channel surfing!

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I lost my animal planet when I stopped getting the employee discount, but before then, it was Boo's favorite too. He used to look behind the tv to see if the dogs/horses/bears were back there...

Puppyluv
July 25th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Aww that's so cute. Layla's favorite shows are those dog training ones that are on sat/sun mornings, she could watch them for hours... too bad she doesn't seem to learn anything from them :D