Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Kitten: Story & Cute Pics!

furbaby
July 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Thought I would share with you...

3 weeks ago, my husband was going outside to light our sauna and low and behold found a little kitten crawling up from underneath it.

She was way too young to be away from her momma, maybe only about 4 weeks old. We searched and searched to see if there were more, or to see if we could find the mom. No luck. We also spotted a fox the night before and unfortunately we fear the worse. We think the fox might have gotten the mom and the rest of the babies.

So we took in this little dirty thing, cleaned her up and now three weeks later she is part of our furbaby family (2 cats, 4 guinea pigs, and 2 bunnies).

She is doing great, and we have named her "Kate". She will be getting spayed some time in October/November.

Thought I would share some pics of when we found her 3 weeks ago, and how she has grown so much to now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/mistydog3/thennow1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/mistydog3/thennow2.jpg

The Fur Baby Place: Live Chat, Contests & Prizes, Points & Rewards, Virtual Pub (http://furbabyplace.proboards46.com/index.cgi)

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
What a beautiful kitty!! You're wonderful for giving this baby a home. :) She's such a cutie.

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
What unbelievably fabulous eyes that kitty has!

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 03:28 PM
(the better to hunt you with, my dear... :D :evil: )

chico2
July 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
What a lucky little cutie to be found,just like my Vinnie was found...some kitties just seem to have a guardian angel :love:,I wish they all did!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
(the better to hunt you with, my dear... :D :evil: )

I was totally thinking red riding hood as a wrote that! ;)

furbaby
July 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Sometimes I think she found us, we didn't find her!

She's come a long way from the starving scared kitty we found 3 weeks ago. She's found a new sense of "badness" and is in full kitten mode right now, driving us all bonkers! But of course you can't get mad at that little face. And yes, her eyes are quite something.

At first I thought she had "dirt" in her eyes, but after trying to clean them I realized that is just her skin. Looks like she uses eyeliner but hasn't yet quite mastered how to put it on properly.

Lucky Rescue
July 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
OH how beautiful! Looks like a dilute calico.:)

She's found a new sense of "badness" and is in full kitten mode right now, driving us all bonkers!

Yep, kittens are all rotten, through and through. I think they're so cute because that is the only thing that keeps us from killing them.:D

Thanks for saving this little scrap. I'm sure she'll pay you back many times over! :thumbs up

CyberKitten
July 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
She is indeed a cute dilute calcio and you are both lucky to have each other = tho yeah, I went thru that kitten stage with YY (and she is still not yet a yr old, sigh!). Good luck with her - what a lucky girl!!

Cinnabear
July 25th, 2005, 12:31 AM
You guys are so lucky that she found you. Looks like a extremely happy kitten. :)

furbaby
July 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Yep, kittens are all rotten, through and through. I think they're so cute because that is the only thing that keeps us from killing them.:D

Could not have said it better myself! You think she would behave and be a very sweet little girl, seen as though I rescued her from uncertain disaster. But no, she doesn't care...she acts up to her full potential 24/7.

chico2
July 26th, 2005, 08:01 AM
But that's just why we love them soo much,right :p kittens,puppies,baby-elephants...cute,cute cute and oh soooo bad(in a lovable way!)
Not to hijack your kittys thread..but here is a pic of little Vinnie shortly after he was found,minus the dirt :D

shannon1233A
July 26th, 2005, 08:52 AM
What a cutie! It does look like eyeliner, but a better job than I do, lol. Kitty is lucky to have such caring parents, you're doing a great job with him :angel:

Chico2 wow, really notice the different colored eyes there, also a cutie :angel: