Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toby chilling at Grandma's

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I brought Toby to my parents' place for a 'photoshoot' - here are a few of the pics!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM
mmmm....carrots!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Not quite sure what this face is about...but I thought it was cute!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 09:50 AM
oooh...it's a hot day! Nothing holds good, cool water like a surgical waste bin!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Don't you love when they use steps as seats?

pags
July 24th, 2005, 11:16 AM
LOL Toby's utterly precious. I love the carrots pic. :)

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Wow, he's really becoming a little dobie, eh? What a cutie!

Puppyluv
July 24th, 2005, 02:44 PM
What a sweetie! makes my heart melt :love:

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Wow, he's really becoming a little dobie, eh? What a cutie!

When we got Toby we were told he was a lab/rott x...but I agree with you, he looks more doberman than rott! He is just too dainty!

and oh yeah - is he cute! He's lucky, too, cause he gets away with murder sometimes based on it! :love:

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
You'll have to see as he gets bigger if he's really a mix... To me, aside from the ears and maybe the tail (the thickness- the curliness is dobie), there's not much that isn't dobie. It's better that he's a dobie and not a rottie. For no reason in particular other than just because Dobies ROCK!! :D

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:46 PM
He's not as sleek and shiny as other dobie's I've met. He seems to have more fur than your average dobie...and he doesn't seem as knobby around his ankles and knees (does that make sense?)

Whatever he is...he is our cute Toby first and foremost! :love:

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
But he's still a puppy right? There's still time. :D

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Here's another - in mid-lunge for a carrot :)

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
and here's another...where his fur is more noticable. Oops! Is that a plant he is munching on! My mom better not see this picture!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
But he's still a puppy right? There's still time. :D

Yes! and he's changing all the time! He was such a stocky little guy when we first got him that it was easy to believe he had rotty in him...but now...I dont believe it!

Prin
July 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Wow look how big those paws are still!! :)

Boo was the same way when we got him- one day when I am rich, I'll buy a scanner and scan the pics of him when we first got him and they said he was fully grown. He looked like a small newf. So plumpy and goofy. And then his legs doubled in length, his hair was replaced by shorter fur, and his body got really long. :D Lucky for the SPCA and for Boo, my policy with doggies is the bigger the better. :)

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Wow look how big those paws are still!! :)

:pawprint: Are they really still that big? I thought he was getting to his full size! Oh well, lucky for us I think big is beautiful, too! :thumbs up

It's so much fun watching him grow

chico2
July 24th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Toby is a sweetheart :love: By the way,I am still looking for that carrot :D :D is this something only dog-owners understand??? :eek:

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
By the way,I am still looking for that carrot :D :D is this something only dog-owners understand??? :eek:

The carrot is hard to see, but if you look closely in the mmmm carrots! pic, you can see some carrot bits in the latticework at his feet.

And it's an itty bitty carrot - so my fingers are hiding it in the lunge picture!

Carrots never last too long...munch munch and they are gone!

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Here's another carrot munching pic :)

toby's tracy
July 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
...and here is another handsome pic (last one! Promise! :fingerscr ;) )

chico2
July 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Oh yes,I see it now,I was looking for a big carrot :D Then I thought maybe it was a name for a doggie-toy....http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/6.gif

shannon1233A
July 25th, 2005, 10:46 AM
(last one! Promise! :fingerscr ;) )

He's soooooo handsome! No, it can't be the last one, I never ever see enough pics! Pleeeese, pretty please, post more pics! :crazy:

toby's tracy
July 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
He's soooooo handsome! No, it can't be the last one, I never ever see enough pics! Pleeeese, pretty please, post more pics! :crazy:

I guess I'll have to schedule another 'photoshoot' with dad!

If my mom let's us return...Toby tried to cool off in her bed of goose necks(? - nice big plants with a bunch of little white flowers that form together to hang down and make a kind of goose neck shape). She gave me a withering look and said, I've been waiting all summer for those to flower" and went inside.

ooops :o