Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

with a very sadend heart

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2005, 05:01 PM
It is with a very sadend heart that I write to you that Angel has found her forever home ( not with me). For weeks now it is something I have had to think about, but never thought I could do it. She has found a great home thanks to a very nice woman at the SPCA. she found her match. An active home with children, and another dog...A house witha huge yard. They will be doing agility with her. The people who adopted her have my number, that if they have any questions they can call, day or night.
I am a Wreck, can not eat or sleep, with everything that is happening, and it has been taken a bigger toll on her.

Angel, you will always be in my heart, now and forever, have fun, and now you can enjoy life without fear :sorry:

Prin
July 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'm confused... Was this dog child aggressive? Or did somebody else say that?

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
This dog never once ever showed aggression towards kids, someone assumed she did. She loves kids, and will always love kids.

Prin
July 23rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
Ok. I assume the new owner is a super doggy person and you were very up front about the issues you've been having?

If so, I hope all goes well. :) Good luck.

chico2
July 23rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Rottielover,you still have Harley,right??
I hope Angel will be ok and that the new owner will contact you if there ever is a problem,instead of dumping her at SPCA.

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
everything was stated. she was great with the womans husband. All lovey dovey with him. not a care in the world. I reall miss her, I miss the special kisses she gave...Here I go again, crying.........

Prin
July 23rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Aw. You have to take some comfort in that you got her a really good family. :grouphug:

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
My number, home and cell phone were given if anything happens. I still have harley, but he is not up to Par......poor thing misses playing with her, and his hot spots have came back, or did not heal properly

Rottielover
July 23rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
It gives me warmth, but this is something I swore to myself I would never do. She was my baby, she helped me recover from the loss of my first dog... I just could not do it anymore, financially, mentally......Was not fair to her. I could not keep up with her

Shamrock
July 23rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
Rottielover, I dont know the details on the circumstances of your dog's rehoming, but certainly can feel your pain at this heart-wrenching decison. :sad:
It sounds like you have found a wonderful home for your girl, and you can follow her progress to ensure the transiton is a successful. I would take comfort from the optimistic outlook for her future with this family.

There are things in life that we never visualize ever becomng a reality for us, and swear they never will. But circumstances can change, and when every avenue has been exhausted, sometimes we are left with no other choice.
We all have our own limitations, and know when they have been exceeded.

LL1
July 23rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
Did you contact the rescue who was going to pay for her training?

doggy lover
July 23rd, 2005, 06:23 PM
Thats why I could never be a foster mum, it would break my heart everytime one of them left. Hugs to you, for being such a great person.

LL1
July 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
I agree foster mums and dads are wonderful and the true angels of rescue,this was not a foster dog.

Lucky Rescue
July 23rd, 2005, 07:16 PM
So you're staying with your partner after all? (Sorry, I haven't been keeping up!)

I just really hope, for your sake and your dog's sake, that the new owners know all about her random aggression to some men.

The lady who took him - she is an SPCA employee?

I hope it all works out!!

Luba
July 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Maybe it's for the best! :confused:

I hope the new family knows 'everything'

And I hope she is loved.

Rottielover
November 17th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I just wanted to give you a quick update. Angel could not be happier. The people are amazing, and offered for Kayla and I to see her anytime. She is sticking with the same vet clininc, even though it is pretty far for them to travel. They rollerblade with her, and she is the light of their life. After hearing of everything she does not do anymore, compared when she was with me. It was for the best. I just made a homeade doggie cake for her, and the owner will be picking it up.
I do not think it would be fdair of me to see her again, or to kayla. It would rip at all our hearts.
I just wanted everyone to know, I did make the best decision for her, and it shows.