Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is She On Her Way Out?

theemperor
July 23rd, 2005, 07:14 AM
My beloved Marsha (15 year old Yorkshire Terrier) seems to be suffering. I know for a fact she has lost much of her hearing and I'm pretty sure she's got cataracts as she's having problems navigating around the house she's lived in for 8 of her 15 years. Her problem...she's got a rather large lump on her head. It's dark and firm to the touch. It's not rock hard though, more like a ripe peach. Not only that, she's grown these pink wart-like things in many places. Does anyone know what this is? Today she can't move. I pick her up and she's just like a rag doll. She's limp and unwilling to do anything but breath. I'm taking her to the vet as soon as they're open. I love her so much and am afraid the Vet's going to tell me something I don't want to hear. Does anyone know what I could be dealing with?

Shaun

Toonces
July 23rd, 2005, 09:09 AM
I don't have any answers for you I just wanted to say I am sorry that you are going through this, all fingers and paws crossed over here for your sweet Marsha :grouphug:

lauriem
July 23rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Shaun please let us know how your baby is doing. My prayers are with you,
Laurie

Lucky Rescue
July 23rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
Not taking her to the vet is not going to change anything, except to let her suffer. Please take her asap. She is depending on you.

doggy lover
July 23rd, 2005, 11:27 AM
It sounds like old age is catching up with her, your vet will let you know what is best for her. My thoughts are with you.

LL1
July 23rd, 2005, 09:25 PM
Im so sorry,take her to a vet asap.