Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

scratching cat

melissamom
July 26th, 2003, 07:36 PM
my cat keeps scratching herself on her neck continually. she has it raw to the skin. there are no signs of parasites, or fleas. any suggestions?:)

gravy
July 27th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Hi

It could be an allergic reaction to something, and it could also be some type of parasite that YOU cannot see, but a vet could through use of special lighting.

This calls for an upclose personal inspection from a vet.

gravy

mommytime
August 11th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by melissamom
my cat keeps scratching herself on her neck continually. she has it raw to the skin. there are no signs of parasites, or fleas. any suggestions?:) My cat recently started scratching his neck until it started bleeding and there are small sores around his neck and shoulder the last thing I used on him was some waterless shampoo and eversince then he has scratched himself silly now of course I am worried he will get some kind of infection, Did you use any waterless shampoos?

melissamom
August 12th, 2003, 11:22 AM
No I haven't used any shampoos or anything else on her at all. I've tried Polysporin to her sores, but to no avail. She scratches throughout all the seasons as well - it's not specific to any time of year.

Catt31
August 13th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Try Olive oil on her food....it seemed to help my cats minor scratching problem! What did the vet say it was?

Lucky Rescue
August 13th, 2003, 08:22 PM
If your cat has scratched herself raw - take her to the VET.

It could be mites, it could be allergies, or it could be something else. Only a vet can help her.