Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Clarification re earlier post by a member

justncase
July 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers a person who posted under the user name of commonshcoolboy. He posted about a month ago . His dog was vomiting and had bloody diarrhea. I has posted that I thought if it was dog flu it would most likely be a matter of waiting it out( that didn't mean doing nothing for the dog, no food , no water, no medical attention whatsoever). However in the reply one of my words was omitted(typing too fast, I guess) and it sounded like that was the only thing it could be. I was admonished by another member for giving " bad" advice. Well, if it was actually dog flu- that's what vets say to do, nothing else really works except doing whatever is needed to offset the vomiting/diarrhea . What the member did not realize is that right after I posted, I private-messaged commonschoolboy and gave him more info of what it could be which were alot more serious than dog flu and I stressed that veterinary intervention was needed ASAP. I just happened to come across that thread while doing a Search on another matter and didn't read that member's reply that came after mine. I thought clarification was in order. Done.

White Wolf
July 22nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
I see what you are trying to say, but what you have to understand, and what makes others react is that people come to this site looking for information without ever becoming members. We try to be as thorough in the information we do give, so that nobody's animal suffers as a consequence. You're telling a whole bunch of people how to handle the situation, not just one.