Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My neighbor is human!

kandy
July 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yesterday, I realized that my next door neighbor is really human. He's a really old man and really cranky so we've never gotten along well. I was sitting on the lawn in the front yard with my mom yesterday evening and I heard a noise in his yard, I looked through the bushes and saw him laying on the grass. Thinking, oh crap, I hope he didn't break anything - I go over to where he's laying. He says he's okay and for me to just give him a minute. He apparently tripped on something and biffed it, but the man is pushing 95, so he could've easily just shattered! Me and another guy got him up and he actually told me thank you. I'm sure that my jaw almost hit the sidewalk. I am glad that he's okay - even though he's normally a rotten old fart.

Right now he's outside schmoozing with my siding guys. He seems to be pretty happy that the siding is almost done (so am I, believe me). Course, he'll have to find a new hobby instead of standing on the sidewalk and scowling at my house. :evil: He just asked them if they were going to replace the roof too :eek: geez, does he think I'm made of money???

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
You're such a great human being to go help him like that. :) I hope it gets better, and more neighborly.