Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For the much needed laughs :)

Jazz&Cricket
July 22nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks to all of you for the off-topic posts that have provided some real chuckles :) From conversations about 'bagged' milk to favourite sayings...it's been nice to meet you :)

Kariia
July 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
BAGGED MILK IS REAL.

I'm not kidding. It's just... milk...in a bag. Not a grocery bag. It's like...ziplock-y. But with no...seal-y thing.

Anyway, thanks, everybody!

White Wolf
July 22nd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks to all of you for the off-topic posts that have provided some real chuckles :) From conversations about 'bagged' milk to favourite sayings...it's been nice to meet you :)
You're not leaving, are you? The fun just started!

Jazz&Cricket
July 25th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Oh, no...I'm afraid you're stuck with me :D I can't wait to see where some of these 'conversations' take me next

Tigger
July 25th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Bagged milk isn't available everywhere? :eek:

Jazz&Cricket
July 25th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Nope, apparently not! My husband is from the US..no bagged milk there. He thinks it is strictly a Canadian invention...I ask you, where would we be without our bagged milk :D

pags
July 25th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah I uh.. didn't post in the other thread about the bagged milk thing because I was in denial. I suppose someday I will have to see this fabled bagged milk for myself.... I've never ever ever heard of such a thing. Cartons, boxes, bottles, jugs, even cans -- but no bags.

Doesn't bagged milk cause some type of bag-puncture anxiety? I mean - I'm nervous just thinking about it....

Dogastrophe
July 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
The bag in bagged milk is surprisingly strong. I have had bags drop off the counter and out of the fridge (unopened, of course) with no damage to the bag. The opened bags are in a pitcher so no worry about puncture. The unopened bags .... we'll sometimes disaster happens in the fridge, but not very often. :)

We can also buy bagged juice drinks, commonly referred to as mini-sips in my part of the world. They come with a straw that you puncture the bag with. Kind of the precussor to juice boxes.

toby's tracy
July 25th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Doesn't bagged milk cause some type of bag-puncture anxiety? I mean - I'm nervous just thinking about it....

well...I remember being at my grandmother's house and cutting off the corner of the milk bag by myself for the first time.

The only problem was...I held the bag by the corner I was cutting... :o

Yes! These off-topic threads definitely give me some well-needed off-time giggles that help me to keep on with my work (grad student blues) throughout this fabulous summer.
:thumbs up
(I'm a teacher - not used to working in the summer!!!!)

CyberKitten
July 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I buy milk in cartons (Recrycleable of course!!) but we do have bagged milk here. You can buy a container to place the plastic bags in - it is a way to save meoney mainly - but actually it is not so enviornmentally friendly so I prfer the recyclable cartons.

Check out this dairy picture- you can see the milk in bags at the back:

http://www.northumberlanddairy.ca/e/3000/3001e.cfm