Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Denver Pit Bull ban

Jenn1800
July 22nd, 2005, 12:02 AM
I was just reading the newspaper about the Denver Pit Bull ban and how it was reinstated, it made me so angry! People are losing the sweetest pets. and others who have dangerous dogs are allowed to keep them. A lot of pit bulls I know are the sweetest dogs ever and I also know some other breeds of dogs that can be mean. It's not the dog's breed it is the individual dog. It's like you can't just go around justifying that every single blonde haired person is mean, so banish them all. Ahhh...it just bothers me soooo much, pretty soon they're gonna be banning all chinese people or something from a town, it's so ridiculous. These dogs are being killed and they have done absolutely nothing wrong. Plus a lot of dogs are mean because of the way pet owners treat them so maybe if they did more to prevent animal cruelty the problem could be solved. Sorry, I just had to get my opinion out! :evil:

Copper'sMom
July 22nd, 2005, 12:01 PM
Don't be sorry!! You're absolutely right! Apparently, our beloved politicians think they know how to solve all the problems in society today - but the fact is they know don't know squat! More than anything, they ruin people's lives! :mad:

babyrocky1
July 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the board Jenn1800! Your definately among friends here, we have spent months and some of us longer trying to fight BSL, the made in Ontario ban is soon to be implemented, we will be fighting that law in the courts. Many of us sweet pittie owners, I was going to correct my grammer there, but both our dogs and ourselves are sweet here,lol, anyway we have to fight ignorance and hate every time we step out our doors to walk our dogs, even us "sweet owners" have totally had enough! one can only be tolerant of ignorance so far and then even the sweetest of us have to put our passive personalities aside and fight for our rights!

Luvmypit
July 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
John W. Hickenlooper
1437 Bannock St., Ste. 350
Denver, CO 80202

Phone: (720) 865-9000
Fax: (720) 865-8791
E-mail: MileHighMayor@ci.denver.co.us

Strike out. Speak out. Take action and FIGHT.

That is the email adress and phone number of the mayor of Denver. Email the son of a you know what. Call. Send a letter! I am so disgusted by this. Its crazy how people can sit idly by...

babyrocky1
July 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the link Luvmypit, I will be writing for sure...I saw a bit of a re-run last night on Celebrity justice of all things. If you go celebrity justice.com and search actress fights Denver pit bull ban, the story is there. It was Linda Blair who is fighting the ban! Hey she defeated Satan once...Maybe she would like a go at Bryant as well.