Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

frequent urination

phelps29
July 21st, 2005, 09:44 PM
I have a 10 month old female she has been squatting to urinate but nothing comes out she does this every 2 to 3 minutes does that mean she is close to going in heat?

twinmommy
July 21st, 2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but could you tell us if your pet is a cat or dog? How long has this been going on? Have you seen a vet to rule out a UTI?

Wudjah
July 21st, 2005, 09:58 PM
I don't know if it means she's close to going into heat or not, but it could mean she has a urinary tract infection or another infection of some sort. Best bet is to talk to your vet about taking a urine sample in.

Wudjah
July 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Oh yes, it might help to know if it's a dog or cat...I was just assuming it was a dog since it says on your bio that you're interested in dog breeding. But it also says you're a vet tech.....

phelps29
July 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
Sorry, but could you tell us if your pet is a cat or dog? How long has this been going on? Have you seen a vet to rule out a UTI?

only for 3 days

SnowDancer
July 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
I just looked at profile as well to see if it gave info re dog or cat - and saw occupation as Vet Tech ......

phelps29
July 21st, 2005, 10:03 PM

she is a dog, 3 days

twinmommy
July 21st, 2005, 10:07 PM
are you really a vet tech? why would you wait 3 days if it is possibly a UTI?

Because of the way females urinate, she could have easily gotten some dirt inside her. It's actually quite common.

Hope she is o.k.... :pawprint:

Wudjah
July 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
I was going to ask you if her behind (you know where) looks bigger then usual. But even then, I'd still get her to your vet as I was just remembering a friend's dog - she thought it was going into heat (swollen back there) so she took it into the vet to confirm and it turned out she had a yeast infection of some sort and needed to be on antibiotics.

phelps29
July 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
She Is A Dog And It Has Been Going On For 3 Days

Wudjah
July 21st, 2005, 10:09 PM
I believe that everyone understands that and that we all concur that you should take her to the vet. Hope she's fine!

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 10:11 PM
PLEASE get her to a vet. Please.

phelps29
July 21st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Okay I Did Start Her On Meds Already I Just Thought I Would Ask A Question And Have Had Many Females Before And Have Never Seen This Just Trying To Get Some Feedback

Wudjah
July 21st, 2005, 10:21 PM
Phelps - what kind of dog is she?

twinmommy
July 21st, 2005, 10:25 PM
Are you getting aggravated? Why the caps?

Anyways, post more info and you'll get more feedback.
I guess if the meds don't kick in by tommorrow you should bring her back in.

Hope she's o.k. by then.... :fingerscr

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 10:35 PM
Why are you yelling? Am I supposed to guess that you have been to the vet? Why don't you ask your vet these questions? He would know best.

Lucky Rescue
July 21st, 2005, 11:38 PM
My dog had a bladder infection not long ago, and she did squat frequently.

If this is what your dog has, it's very painful, so 3 days would be a long time.

Did you do a urinalysis to check for infection?