Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please help my dog is sick...

justine110302
July 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I have a 6 year old Golden Retriever who all of the sudden became very sick, over the last week or so she has been throwing up, which is what bothers me. But for the past 2 weeks or so she has been sheading in big clumps of hair, i know golden retrievers shead but i have to vacum 2 times a day to keep all the hair off the floor, is that normal? Anyways she hasnt been eating very much either. Bailey (my golden retriever) is the love of my life...And i can tell something is wrong, please any information would be helpful,(if anyone knows of a good vet in Long island NY please refer me)

Dragonfly
July 21st, 2005, 09:48 AM
If your pet is seriously ill, bleeding, can't move, hasn't pooped or peed in a couple of days, is vomiting, has green mucus coming out of the nose or eyes, hasn't eaten or drank in a few days, is pooping blood, is coughing blood, has a bloated tummy, cries when touched or picked up.....Then please take the poor animal to the VETERINARIAN ASAP.......Do not waste precious time posting on this or other bulletin boards or chartrooms. Your pet needs to be seen by a real live veterinarian immediately. Many pets have died waiting for advice when they should have been at the doctor's office.

As posted in forum rules.