Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Would you ever?

StaceyB
July 20th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I was just watching the news and saw a couple of new ideas for cat entertainment. One was called a cat den which is kind of cool but the other was a stroller for cats. You would look like a complete idiot pushing that down the street.

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I have considered a cat stroller - I see a woman in Halifax who has 2 dashaunds and she walks one and the other is older and in the stroller. I am thinking now - since I saw info about the disk disease that affects them that this dog may have it or he may be older (which he is). I woud not think twice about walking my cats in a stroller!

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I think it's a fabulous idea for disabled furries :D

Lissa
July 20th, 2005, 11:21 PM
If the price wasn't so ridiculously expensive, I would DEFINATELY get a cat stroller for my Minnow-cat! She loves going on walks with my dog but she does tend to slow us up sometimes, a stroller would be GREAT!

But I have instead been looking into buying one of those bike trailers (for children) with the hopes of training Dodger and Minnow to ride in it!

But I am the person who puts Minnow in my bike basket and rides around, brings Minnow camping in the creek and has a shirt I wear when I walk Dodger that says in BIG red letters "HE IS NOT A BEAGLE!!"....

I guess that's what you get when you are single and have pets!? ;)

So Luba - maybe not for disabled pets - just mentally disabled owners!? LOL :D

SnowDancer
July 21st, 2005, 02:58 PM
The parents of the chi down the street have been "walking" their dog in a stroller of late as she has been suffering from pain in one of her legs. As CyberKitten mentioned, strollers are a great idea for Dachshunds, particularly older dogs - or young ones suffering from disc disease - or for when you want to go on a longer walk that is really suitable for these little guys. I have seen the carriage that is combo crate and carriage - would be good for my big, fat 22 lb. cat.

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Disabled furries might benefit, but the rest will get even fatter. :rolleyes: