Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Dog in Plateau (Montreal)

BettyPR
July 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I lost my beloved dog of 2 years...actually, it was my in-laws who let him escape from their home on the Plateau on Monday July 18th.

I am heart broken. I have posted over 200 fliers in the neighborhood, paid for 3 expensive newspaper ads in the classified section, have visited the SPCA and Berger Blanc daily and still nothing.

He is a white, male Bichon Frise. I am offerring a very generous reward...enough for who ever is keeing him to buy their own dog. I just want mine back :sad:

TIA

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM
He is absolutely beautiful

Is he neutered? Please say yes!

Check out the 'sticky' in this lost and found section there is information for there if you've lost a pet.

White Wolf
July 20th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Good luck. I hope you find him soon.

poodletalk
July 21st, 2005, 06:57 AM
Have you contacted the SPCA Monteregie? Lots of times, people will take a found dog there since its a no kill shelter. Hage you contacted the vets, animal groomers in your area?

BMDLuver
July 21st, 2005, 07:20 AM
Permission to crosspost to area rescues?

lauriem
July 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM
When I lost my little girl last month it took more than a week to get her back. It can sometimes take awhile, please keep your spirits high and have great hope. I drove around 2 times per day for hours, squeeked her favorite toy, called her name, went door to door, be persistent! The reward was 100.00$ and I put that on my posters too. I know some people say not to do that but I was so desperate to find her I would have paid anything!

Turned out that the people who had her had taken her 2 towns away and went to their city hall and a local pet shop to ask what breed she was. The pet shop had called me to tell me they saw her in their town. The people wanted to keep her! They told the pet store clerk they adopted her!!! Finally after posting a new batch of posters with the reward offered a couple of teenagers called me and gave her back.

Do NOT give up,,,,,,,make sure you have an answering machine and try to have someone home to answer the phone in case someone calls. If you don't have call display, then you should get it so you can see who called while you were out (in case they don't leave a message). Post at local banks too! TRy going a few town away as well.

Good luck, I'm praying for you,
Laurie

BettyPR
July 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM
I'll wait as long as I have to as long as I get him back. I am so heart-broken. I just can't believe I'll never see him again.

How could anyone keep something that does not belong to them???

Thanks for your suggestions.

Luba
July 21st, 2005, 10:54 AM
Don't give up hope!

I asked if he was neutered, is he? I ask only because if he was taken and is not neutered he may be in very poor hands by mills/byb's who will sigh....never mind you don't need to know!

Just keep going to the shelters in person pictures flyers everything

If you want me to do a flyer for you pm me your email and I'll make one up for you.

lauriem
August 7th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Hopefully he is with people who think he is adorable and want him to be healthy. A lot pf people think that dogs are lost and they want to rescue them, then they want to keep it. I think after reality sets in and the real life stuff sets in they'll bring him home.

Keep putting up the posters, keep calling the city halls and the shelters, don't give up! People took my dog to a city hall 3 towns away to ask if anyone reported a lost dog. People, sometimes, aren't that bright! Why they didn't bring the dog to the city hall in which they found it, is beyond me?

Putting a reward is so risky but when you're desperate it can work, it did for me, I put 100.00$ REWARD. A couple of teenagers called me the next day. Their mother saw the poster at their bank and they decided to send my dog home and collect some summer cash.

I still can't see why anyone would do this, keeping a dog that is obviously well cared for and clean means seriously breaking a families heart.
Keep looking, let us know every step, we're looking with you :love:

Warmest,
Laurie and the gang