Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Surgery

BeagleMum
July 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I had to perform surgery tonight. This is Spencer's favourite toy and when he ripped a hole in it chewing on the eye balls, I had to take them out. I figured it was safer that way.

Have any of you ever had to do this?

BeagleMum
July 20th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Here's another view.

BeagleMum
July 20th, 2005, 06:45 PM
And another view...

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM
OMG!!!! That was my baby sister's FAVORITE doll!! It somehow got lost when she was young, and now she doesn't remember it, but she was soooo attached to it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 20th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I think ol Barney needs some sunglasses now. I am sure he will adjust though you did the right thing.

SnowDancer
July 20th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I buy my Eskimo only one type of soft toy and save it for "Eskie Moments". Before I give it to him, I remove the eyes and the tiny ribbon - it has become a ritual. Better that I perform surgery than the vet.

happycats
July 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
....I love you.........You love me........OMG, I CAN"T SEE!!.............. :eek:

Poor Barney :sad:

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 07:29 PM
....I love you.........You love me........OMG, I CAN"T SEE!!.............. :eek:

Poor Barney :sad:
LOL LOL That is so funny!!! :D

dmc123
July 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Oh yes, I have done a lot of surgeries like that. When Rudy was younger, he loved stuffed toys. Has nothing to do with them now. But then, he would rip the eyes out, FIRST thing, and he learned mama wanted those eyeballs. He would very gently set them down on the floor for me to toss away.

All the stuffed toys here have no sight. :) The others don't hear well LOL

Diane

twinmommy
July 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM
....I love you.........You love me........OMG, I CAN"T SEE!!..............

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

you KILL me!!!

hee hee hee

Barney is the ONE toy we really didn't want for our kids--we're just weird I guess, we always thought he was eeeevillll!!! :evil: :evil:

Anyhoo, of course the MIL got them one (she's the real evil one, I know) and I actually think you're on to something with that "look"(no pun intended!! :evil: )

Lucky Rescue
July 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
You forgot to sew up his MOUTH!!:p

Schwinn
July 21st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Anyone else find those pictures disturbing??

We bought Daisy a stuffed puppy that squeaks when she chews it, which she loves. We then named it Fluffy, and trained her to "Get Fluffy!" Well, she also likes to tear into squeaky toys and rip out the squeaker. How disturbing was that to watch her tear into "Fluffy" while it sounded like it was yelping, pulling stuffing out the bum, kind of like a little puppy colanectamy.

Oh, and Happycats, that's classic!

pags
July 21st, 2005, 09:00 AM
ROFL!!!!!! That really made my day!!!

Barney is the ONE toy we really didn't want for our kids--we're just weird I guess, we always thought he was eeeevillll!!!

We felt exactly the same way -- but all of these well-meaning (I hope..) purple dinosaur advocates kept buying these things for my babies!!! I never knew what to do with them so they're piled high in the top of a closet... Ah BUT NOW I know what can be done! *cackle* :evil:

Beaglemom
July 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
I've actually never had the chance to perform surgery on Misty's toys, she always ends up "killing" them before I ever have the chance of saving them!

Schwinn, Misty too loves to rip out the squeaker out and scatter the stuffing all over the house! Sometimes, if the toy doesn't have a squeaker, she will rip out the nose and then remove the stuffing from the nose and then scatter it! Poor things never have a chance with her!

Dog Dancer
July 21st, 2005, 11:24 AM
My BF never knew I could sew until he caught me performing surgery on Halo's octopus. She's ripped the head off two of these to remove the squeeker the heads had to be reattached. Then she plays tug of war with Shadow and each of them grabs a leg - One octopus now has three legs. I sew the legs up and they play with the legs now too (each leg has a squeeker in it but that's okay - Shadow only plays with the legs that squeek). So now between mending dog toys I get to mend BF's pants too!