Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beautiful Lassie is gone

chico2
July 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Although she was not my dog,I loved her a lot...she was PTS this week suffering from a painful,fast-spreading tumor on her jaw.
My friends inherited her from a parent and she spent the rest of her life running in the fields of my friends 48 acre property,a very happy dog..
RIP,sweet Lassie :love:

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Ohhhh noooo Anita :(

You really loved her...hugs to you and beautiful Lassie please meet all my doggies up there and let them know I love them!!

Have a beautiful journey 'home'

:angel:

chico2
July 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Luba,yes I did,she was a big kissy-smoochy dog,an angel...remember this pic of me and her??

happycats
July 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Oh Anita, I am so very sorry :sad: My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RIP sweet Lassie :angel:

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 04:42 PM
OH Anita you should be so happy to have those pics and I love that kissy face picture.

Maybe they can save you a lock of her fur.

I have some of my Rusty's and they made a paw print for us too!

Shamrock
July 20th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Oh Anita, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I remember this dog very well from the beautiful photo you posted.
My deepest condolences to all who mourn the lovely Lassie:grouphug:
R.I.P, dear girl.

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I am so sorry Anita!! What a beautiful dog!! Treasure your memories with her!! :grouphug:

marko
July 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM
My deep condolences on your loss anita.

We're here to support you!

:sorry:

Marko

Lucky Rescue
July 20th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Losing friends is so hard.:(

Bye Lassie - you were such a good girl and so pretty and well-loved!! :angel:

Writing4Fun
July 20th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Oh, Anita, I'm so sorry! I remember that kissing picture very well. :love: We all know how much you loved her. My heart goes out to you. :grouphug:

chico2
July 21st, 2005, 07:43 AM
I appreciate everyones concerns,as I said Lassie was not my dog,but sometimes I wonder if I went to visit our friends or Lassie and her 6 kitty-friends :D
She lived most of her life with my friends elderly parent and 2 cats in a little house,after he passed,all 3 moved in with his daughter(the friend who found Vinnie)and their 4 cats.
Lassie loved it,the fields,the pond with fish and ducks,she had a wonderful 4 yrs,thank's to a wonderful daughter and SIL.

Luba
July 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM
If they are ever interested in a Collie again, pls let me know.

Lassie so beautiful
I had a Laddie boy when I was growing up and I still miss him he was so special!

Collies something about collie's!

Cookie's Mom
July 21st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Chico, Lassie certainly was a beautiful girl and it is a testament to her that you are missing her even though she was not "your" dog. I'm very sorry about her death, but she is in a better place now, and is no longer in pain. I CM

Cookiesmom
August 11th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Chico2, I am very sad to hear about Lassie. I understand how upsetting it is. I too had to have my beloved boy Max PTS in March of this year. He was almost 15 years old, also a collie/x. There is definitely something about collies. Eventhough she was not your dog, I know you will miss her very much.
It sounds like she lived a wonderful full life. RIP Lassie.

Byrd
August 11th, 2005, 08:24 PM
She had a happy life playing and running. At least that counts for something. :( Sorry you had to lose her, but, she will be with you again one day (read "Rainbow Bridge").