Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

why to the posts next to the topics dissapear?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 19th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I have a question. How come when you look at a discussion topic ie (off topic) on the left and on the right is a post that someone has posted under that particular topic. When you click on the discussion topic at the right the one it doesn't seem to be there unless you actually click on that topic.

BMDLuver
July 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry, I am very confused now...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 19th, 2005, 10:07 PM
sorry about that sometimes I am not good at explaining my self.
I mean say for example say you had
the discussion group on the left and the topic to the right

breed disscussion and information____ need info on Dutch Schmsounds

you would expect when you click on the breed discussion and information discussion that need info on Dutch Schmsounds would come up first under the breed disscussion and information but it doesn't and you have to click on it to bring it up. By the way there is no thread on Dutch Schmounds
Anyways it is not to important its just one of those quirky things it could even be my computer to.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 19th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Of course it is working now and I feel like a bit of a fool for even bringing it up. How about we turn this into a discussion about Dutch Schmsounds and move it over to the Breed Discussion and information Forum :o and I can save myself from more embarrasment of trying to explain myself.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dutchsmoushond.htm

CyberKitten
July 19th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Oh I would not worry about it RBulls. I did the same thing not long ago about the way the Board looked like - and until I took a screen shot and showed someone, it became clear it was me who had not set my user controls the way I wanted to. And strange things can happen in cyberia, :)

Karin
July 20th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Of course it is working now and I feel like a bit of a fool for even bringing it up. How about we turn this into a discussion about Dutch Schmsounds and move it over to the Breed Discussion and information Forum :o and I can save myself from more embarrasment of trying to explain myself.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dutchsmoushond.htm

Don't feel bad, a while back I could not even get my computer to come up at all for almost a week, I was ready to donate it to the artificial reef program. Of course it would help if I unplugged the microwave & plugged in the computer, microwaves make a lousy computer. (They share the same pluggin, but only one at a time)

toby's tracy
July 20th, 2005, 06:28 AM
researchbulls, I think I kind of get what you mean...I had the same thoughts when I first joined!

Some forums have sub-forums.

For example, in 'off-topic' there are 4 (I think) sub-forums.

If there is a new posting in a sub-forum of the off-topic forum (let's say gardening), it will show on the 'forums home' page as being in the off topic forum. However, it doesn't actually apear in the off topic forum when you go there...you need to go to the gardening sub-forum to see it.

Unless, of course, you click on the highlighted posting title on the original page, which will take you directly to the posting.

Does that make sense? It was a bit convoluted... :)

BMDLuver
July 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM
ahhhh..... I understand now. It's ok, I have a tendency to lose threads all the time.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 20th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yes Tobys Tracey that is exactly what I mean. It happened just now there is a topic titled favorite pictures next to the Off topic sub forum when I click the off topic sub forum it is not there, but when I go to click on the topic itself it will be there. So I am not crazy after all :crazy:

Schwinn
July 20th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes Tobys Tracey that is exactly what I mean. It happened just now there is a topic titled favorite pictures next to the Off topic sub forum when I click the off topic sub forum it is not there, but when I go to click on the topic itself it will be there. So I am not crazy after all :crazy:

Or, you're all crackers. It could go either way... :D

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Ohhh. That. Yeah..... Uh.... You're not crazy. ;) I just don't go in the index much. I mosey my way through each forum, and when I'm done, move on to the next.