Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

If I Had A Million Dollars.....?

Luba
July 19th, 2005, 12:12 PM
So everyone knows that Barenaked Ladies song and I'm sure you'll be hating me by the end of the day as you can't get it out of your mind... BUT

Lets see what each of us would 'think' we'd do once we had the money in our hands!!

I for one would pay off the mortgage, yes the fastest route to the bank and a big kiss my butt sign on my hiney as I walked back out HAHAHA!

I'm not a big spender so I'd honestly share it among my family, relocate some of them and pay their bills. That would make me happy.

If I had any of substance left over I know I'd donate some to a rescue but I'd have to make them submit essay's to me as to why they're so deserving HAHAHAHAHA!

No really, I already know which rescues I would help out!

As an act of selfishness I would get a new car for myself, I love my current car but I think it would be really nice to have something new for a change. Something easy to get the dog in and out of :D and something with a trailer hitch and a trailer behind it wheeeeee!

Better yet, a RV :D I would love to take my entire family on a lovely vacation somewhere for atleast three weeks or a month. By that time I'd be sick of them and them of me and it would be time to come home anyways!

So lets hear it, what would you do with your MIL

................we wouldn't have to walk to the store (if I had a million dollars)
we'd take a limosine cause it costs more
If i had a million do o o oooo ooo lllars I'D BE RICH~~!

giggles :p

Copper'sMom
July 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Oohhh I could only imagine!!!! I'd probably have that million spent in a month!!! A million dollars doesn't seem like to much these days or does it???

Well, first I'd buy a house with the best of everything. Then I'd have the best of everything added on for the dogs!!!! The biggest fenced yard, toys galore whatever I could get my hands on to make their lives better too!! I'd open a doggy daycare!!!!! I'd also get the best security for my property and my dogs!! :D Super duper kitty condos for my kittys that are fenced in so they can't go missing or get hit on the road! Aviary for my birds and a kick butt aquarium! I think I would open a Pittie Rescue too! MB doesn't have to know!!!

Then, I'd buy a couple of vehicles - one for me and one for the dogs(which of course I have to drive!!!

I'd help out my immediate family members with their finances.

I'd help out animal shelters too! I'd buy some laws for animal ownership!! And I would pay too off MB - maybe!!!

Luba
July 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Buy some laws good one!!

Hey maybe buying OFF some politicians HAHAHAH would be a good start too! :crazy:

jjgeonerd
July 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM
1. Buy new house and pay off all bills
2. 1 month vacation in Italy and wherever else sounds good at the time
3. Invest remaining and start thinking what I REALLY want to do for a living!

Kariia
July 19th, 2005, 12:50 PM
1-Move into big house
2-Buy limo
3-Open dog/cat rescue
4-Bribe politicians and get rid of Bill 132

Jazz&Cricket
July 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Well, of course, I'd pay off the mortgage....THEN, I'd give my wonderful boss notice that I'd only be working part time ( I REALLY love my job, but I'd like to take up hobby farming too) I'd fund a new building for our no kill shelter, help out with Border Collie rescues, set up a fund for assisting people in need to help with vet bills, and I'd set up a scholarship to be used for single moms who want to go to university....FLY OFF to Finland to visit my daughter :), fence my farm, buy some sheep, hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe a million isn't enough :eek:

Copper'sMom
July 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Oh a hobby farm!!! I forgot that too! Copper would love to have his own horsy!!! :p

BMDLuver
July 19th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks Luba, now I will be humming that song all day! :mad:

If I had a million:

I would buy a second vehicle so that I could buy a huge farm so that my husband could drive to the train station to go to work.

I would buy my FEI Dressage Potential and hire a Nanny.

I would spend my days helping animals, riding and enjoying my children.

I would invest a good chunk of it so that I could keep doing this til my last breath.

Right now I would settle for $2000. :p

Luvmypit
July 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Pay off mortgage. Run around office spewing obscenatites (sp?) well throwing in the words I QUIT YOU!

Then I would Buy a cottage on Muskoka. A new car for me and a big truck for the SO. Capone would have weekly appointments at a luxury dog spa. And lots of toys.

Then I would go to the mall. Start at 9 am end at 9 pm. Buy whatever I want and not even look at the price. Have someone carry my bags out just because Im too rich to do so myself.

Put some towards some rescues and take in more dogs ofcourse.

Luba
July 19th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Ohhh a cottage that would be nice too :D

Copper'sMom
July 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I would spend my days helping animals, riding and enjoying my children.

Riding your children!!! Do you saddle them up?? :p j/k!!! I lol when i read this line! ;)

Jackie467
July 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM
It's funny I was just telling someone the other day what I would do if I had a million dollars.

I would buy a small house on a huge ranch and open an big cat rescue. In the areas souronding houston all exotic pets are permitted. Unfortunetly many people buy these cute little big cat cubs, tigers, lions, lepords and all sorts of big cats, and when they get big they either put them down or worst yet just chain them in the back yard where they starve or maul someone.

I would have a huge amount of land with proper cages which give the cats enough room to live out their lives peacfully and will keep them where people can not come in contact with them. I feel horrible about them being in cages but many big cats can't be returned to the wild after living in captivity. I would like to provide them with a place to live out their lives with as minimal human contact as possible.

Bearsmom
July 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Pay off mortgage.

Pay off car loan.

Open LARGE animal shelter for dogs. No animal turned away.

Donate what's left to cancer research (but not before we go away on that ultimate all inclusive vacation)

CyberKitten
July 19th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I guess I may be in a down mood today - I was just at a meeting discussing money for research - and it occurs to me that unfortunately, today, a million is not a lot of money. That said, if a million I did not plan on came along, I'd find something to do with it. Money for cat rescue groups - you could never start one with just a million. Well you could out of necessity but a million would at least get one off the ground. A building alone could be more - our reasearch bldg cost $16 million and in operational funding, it is up to medical rseaechers to bring in money and a million would even buy your name on the bldg (The going rate at universities and hospitals is 2.5 mil, more if you want to be generous).

So, if someone donated a building or you worked soley with foster families - it might work.

If I was being selfish personally, I'd say travel even tho I often do it in my work, personal travel is more fun!! I'd go to Australia - when I was there only for a week, I did not see as much of the country as I wanted to. I;d go visit you Mel, lol (and my cousin in Perth)

I'd also donate to Doctors without Borders and pediatric cancer research - and buy some toys for the Child Life dept - tho our auxiullary is doing wuite well. They have a TV and VCR in each child's room now.

And my cats would all get new toys!!

nymph
July 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I would just take off: sell my house and everything with it, off to see the world!

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I would buy or maybe I would have to build an environmentally friendly house with lots of acreage of course.

I would buy a hybrid car or hopefully one that runs ONLY on fuel cells.

Then I would have Lasik eye surgery.

If I had money left, I would send my grand-parents to Australia and the U.K for another visit.

My acreage would be a safe haven for animals.

I suppose I would start some sort of boarding/daycare facility so I could support myself after I spend all my money on feeding my rescued animals!!

Melissa

P.S - I forgot that I would also buy a top of the line camera and a lap top! ;)

Dragonfly
July 19th, 2005, 02:58 PM
And we will all spend our million dollars without using explatives or the symbols often used to replace them. :D

Luba
July 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I'm happy nobody said get butt implants LMHO :crazy:

Writing4Fun
July 19th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Nope, a million sure wouldn't go far these days, but I'd like to give it a shot! :D Let's see....

1) pay off mortgage & all bills (sighs with complete bliss at the mere thought)
2) take my family, including brothers, sister, parents, etc..., and go on vacation until the "fuss" dies down (you know, all those long-lost friends who suddenly miss you lots, and all those "worthy" causes wanting a chunk of your winnings... :rolleyes: )
3) I'd set up education funds for all the kids in the family (and a select few friends' children as well)
4) get hubby enrolled in whatever school program he needs to become whatever will make him happy for the rest of his life
5) invest the rest so I can still pay the bills and occasionally buy a really nice gift for a friend or family member for no reason whatsoever (surprise! here's a car!), or donate a nice chunk to whatever cause currently tickles my fancy...

I don't think I'd move for that amount of money, but I'd probably use my investment earnings to make a few updates to the current house - like adding on a few square feet, maybe having solar panels installed, etc...

Hubby and I have these little day-dream sessions quite often, along with my family. My parents are convinced that the reason we're not winning any money is because we're not greedy enough. So, with that in mind, let me revise my list to say I'd pay off all my bills, move to a secluded spot in the country somewhere and invest the rest so I can sit around and do diddly squat all day long, and never give a dime to anyone else. There...think that'll help?? :fingerscr

Funny story - hubby and I were having a "discussion" about what we'd do if we won - say - $10 million. See, he only has the one sister while there are 5 children in my family. He was always adamant that we should split the money first, then divvy out as we see fit. After all, according to his arguement, why should his family suffer and get less money just because my family is bigger than his? For a while, I'd argue - why should my family suffer and get less money just because your family is so small? Then, one day, it dawned on me. "OK, honey," I agreed, "you go ahead and split the money 50/50. You do what you want with your half, and I'll do what I want with my half." He was astounded. She's actually agreeing with me??? He thought it was a little chilly, but was pretty sure h-e-double-hockey-sticks hadn't warmed over just yet. Then I explained, "I don't have a problem with this, because, we'll still be married and you'll be supporting me. So, I can blow all $5 mill and live off of whatever you have left over!" :p

nymph
July 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Hubby and I have these little day-dream sessions quite often, along with my family.

Funny you said this W4F, hubby and I keep dreaming winning the lotto but never actually purchase it! I guess it's better to have a dream afterall. :)

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I keep meaning to win the lottery, but never get around to it...

Pay of my mortgage, my parent's mortgages (both sets!), and Cheryl's parents.

By her a minivan, so she'll stop trying to sell the RED RANGER!

Buy myself a road bike, a cruiser bike, and a trailer for Gracie.

Pay off all our bills.

Buy my first ralley car and join the Canadian circuit.

Buy a sports bike.

Get a house in the country where Daisy can run her dumb butt off! And I could build some trails.

Quit this 3 levels below hell job and try and finish my novel before I re-apply to the police.

Of course, all of this would be if Cheryl would give me a big enough allowance...

BMDLuver
July 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Riding your children!!! Do you saddle them up?? :p j/k!!! I lol when i read this line! ;)
oops! :o I would be riding the horse and enjoying playtime with the kids. I waited forever to have a grand prix horse and I had a foal but he passed away from a bizarre virus. Guelph spent 5 days trying to help him. So I have always planned that when I had the money I would have another one.

pags
July 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Uh is this one million tax free? Cause you see -- that makes a big difference. One million after taxes plus regular income would probably put us into the dreaded 52% bracket -- if not the horrific alternative minimum tax nightmare... But let's say Uncle Sam is generous and we're left with $500,000. Oh.. I forgot about state taxes... Hmm okay then.. $425,000.

Starting over with $425,000 - we could pay off our mortgage and pay my mother back for her share in this house... and that would leave us enough to pay the kids' school tuition for about three more years -- not including books, supplies, and uniforms.

Wow. That's really depressing when you think about it. Gee, Luba -- up the ante!!! How about $10 mil? Giggle. :D

melanie
July 19th, 2005, 06:26 PM
first i would buy cyberkitten a ticket to aussie land, and then i would drive around the counrty showing her all my fav places, and we would definatly go to alice springs for an icecream (this is from one of my fav movies, 'A town like Alice' i have always wanted to eat icecream in alice springs :D ), the bungle bungles, shark bay, pearl diving in broom, beers in darwin (and everywhere else), and then i would drop you in perth to visit with your famiy :D .

then i would use every last cent to buy up massive tracts of land and reforest them all attempting to immitate their past environs..... and i would make sure that the land was always protected one day returnign to wilderness, ah what a dream. that is all i would do, i truly plan on doing thiso ne day before i die....

Dogastrophe
July 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM
In Canada, if we won the million it is tax free (taxed on interest earned only)!! :party:

So what would I do:

Mortgage -- bye bye
Student loans -- see ya later
Spread a bit around to my and my wife's parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nef's.
Dijon ketchup
Parcel of land large enough for the pups to run
An ocelot cause it costs a lot (BNL would add this line in their live shows!)
What ever was remaining, I would invest and turn into another million.

raingirl
July 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I am a big environmentalist (and unfortunately, one family detached homes are REALLY bad for the environment, they add tons of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere).

I would probably put my money into building/reseaching an environmentally friendly, renewable energry home (solar power and such), maybe even a community/co-op of low energy environmentally viable houses.

Buy a smart car for commuting, and the most fuel efficient car (maybe a Prius) for travel when more than 2 seats are needed.

Buy a cottage.

Pay off student loans

Get married

have kids

continue doing my dream job

Luba
July 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I hadn't thought of a renewable energy home...see I just wasn't thinking but thats a fantastic idea!

I've looked into solar panels for the house roof but they are very expensive.
With a mil bux I could do much more then that!

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Dijon ketchup

Tee-hee!!!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Here's my list:

1. Get Jemma allergy tests
2. Pay off house
3. Put a foundation on the house
4. Pay my dad back all the money I have borrowed...
5. Buy each of us a nice car.
6. Travel
7. Buy the neighbor's house...
8. Get married.

In that order.

pags
July 20th, 2005, 01:03 AM
7. Buy the neighbor's house...

Hmmm.. No matter where we live -- this one is always on my husband's list of things to do. :p

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:11 AM
LOL I just want their property. The house is about to collapse, but they have about 8000sqft of land... :D

Schwinn
July 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
8. Get married.

Mail-order husband? Or gigalo? ;)

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I would buy this empty building in town (it used to house an indoor skating rink) and start a no kill shelter. I would buy myself a house that doesn't need any more remodeling to make it liveable. I would pay off all the loans my hubby took out to start his business. I would invest whatever was left to keep my shelter running.

I'm going to Vegas next month, maybe I'll win the mega bucks! :fingerscr

heidiho
July 20th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I WOULD TAKE CARE OF MY PARENTS FIRST,THEN TRAVEL,THEN BUY A HUGE HOUSE AND GET ABOUT 5 GSD'S.... Adn donate a huge chunk to the gsd rescue that took in my dog..

Bearsmom
July 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Who cares? She could easily have herself a boy-toy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I may paint my house pink

You know just to irritate the neighbours

If I could I'd have lots of chickens and cows too mooo mooo mooo

I think it would be cool to invent my own 'new dog breed too' I've been thinking about it and since I have the property I could breed in my yard ...and I can put up a few cages. The breeds I've been considering are the following:
Cockadoodledoo (Collie, Cocker spaniel, Poodle, Shih Tzu)
Cockabull (Cocker Spaniel, Bull Dog)
Lassarott (Rough Collie and Rottie ...see lots of people don't know what a rough collie is they just point and go 'lassie dog')

So what you think???

KIDDING KIDDING

Seriously kidding
hahahhah

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 01:29 PM
A shelter and a house for a million? You must live in a great real estate market! :) But it is nice to dream!! There is a home I have my eye on outside of Halifax (not far from Peggy's Cove tho not right in that main area - there are numerous coves not as well known and equally beautiful with similar rock formation, Ferguson's Cove comes to mind) and this house is on the market for $1.6 mil. But a million would make a nice downpayment!! I own a house in the south end of Halifax but I rent it to Residents or vsiting profs, that kind of thing and have a smaller home I use when I am in the city. I could probably sell them and buy my dream home but I do not like the commute - I spend enough time on the road between NB and NS!! Now if I could move ther home to my woodlot for when I retire, lol (Tho I doubt I;d ever totally retire!!)

That's why a million out of nowhere would go to something else entirely. Downpayment on a cat rescue center maybe? I know our research center cost us $16 million in capital costs alone and what I'd want is the very best. You could not do it alone - you would need a Board and a fundraising arm et al.

I did win $100 yesterday (completely unexpectantly - for doing a survey for Aliant, my ISP) and so today my best friend (My bf is away) and I are going out to dinner at a fav Halifax restaurant (There are some wonderful restaurants here - I could write a guide, lol) and the cats are all getting new toys. I also bought a selection of "junk" food for the oncology unit.

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Actually, sorry to be boring but I'd marry the guy I have already. We just can't wrap our minds around spending so much for one day. We have a lot of other stuff to buy first. :D

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I think it would be cool to invent my own 'new dog breed too' I've been thinking about it and since I have the property I could breed in my yard ...and I can put up a few cages. The breeds I've been considering are the following:
Lassarott (Rough Collie and Rottie ...see lots of people don't know what a rough collie is they just point and go 'lassie dog')

So what you think???

Mods? Mods!! MODS!! :D Just kidding. I know you are joking because you said "a few cages". If you were really going to do it, you'd say a couple of cages.

Bearsmom
July 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM

So what you think???

Actually, I was thinking of starting a thread like that, for mixed breed owners to see what their dogs mixes of breed names would come out like!

Bear: Lab/mastiff/rottweiler would become a Lastirott (hehehe)
Kaos: Mastiff/rottweiller/shepherd would become a Masottherd (LMAO)

I think I got too much sun this afternoon..... :D

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I agree with you Prin - I don't get the expense of money for one day!! It makes no sense when the money is prob needed by any couple for other more important things. My brother recently married (Dec) on a beach in Fla - that made sense to me. A nice quiet ceremony. I surely would not spend any part of a million on a wedding, lol

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 02:41 PM
DAG I knew I should have said a cage or two Prin :p

Thats kewl Bears mom HAHAHA!

No breast/butt implants yet? What about hair plugs?

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 02:42 PM
oooh I'll take some butt-removal!! :D

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I think I'll give Sadie a blonde doo, bleach the puppy!

Lyposuction hmmmmnnn where do they put that fat after they take it out?
I bet they save it an inject it into other people HAHAHA

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 02:56 PM
They inject it into the supermodels whose fault it is that we want the lipo to begin with.

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I soo hate cosmetic surgery, ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I guess it is bec I myself have been thru so much surgery and I see children who have endured so much that I cannot believe anyone would be so vain as to take the risk of surgery (and every surgery has a risk) to change something they don't like about themselves. I can understand it in situations where it is absolutely necessary - in burn cases for example - but it just really bugs me! And these people make the waiting lists longer for what I consider the crucial surgery!!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
And these people make the waiting lists longer for what I consider the crucial surgery!!
Don't you know by now that the only crucial surgeries are the ones done on the rich? :evil: :rolleyes: :( :sad:

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM
If I had more then a million I'd buy my own MRI

Free MRI's for everybody YIPPIE!!!!!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I think you'd only be able to buy a 1/2 of an MRI... :D But I'll go halfsies.

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Sure then we can MRI eachother! :crazy:

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yep, MRI's are going for about $2 mil now, depends on what kind - some are more! We have the most sophisticated one in the Maritimes (interesting stat - there are 4 times as many MRI's per person in NB than in Ontario but then there are fewer people in NB as well). Our MRI was purchased almost soletly thru corporate support. One can buy an MRI but you still need the personnel to operate it - which is why some smaller communities may well have an MRI but it is just sitting there, sigh!

Anyway - I am wayy off topic, sorry!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Luba and I can learn anything. :D And my organic 2 prof says it's not dangerous... The only thing is- do we really want to know the details of what is wrong with us?

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Personally I've had (4) of them myself and they are LOUD did I say LOUD I mean L O U D

Supersonic ear plugs must be purchased with part of our winnings! Wheeee!

I want to MRI Sadie LMHO!! :crazy:

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I saw a picture of the first MRI done on a cat... The cat looked so traumatized!!

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Lyposuction hmmmmnnn where do they put that fat after they take it out?

When they can take it from my butt and put it in my breasts, then I'll have it done. LOL I've seen some of those surgeries on TV and the stuff they suck out is gross!!! :yuck:

I would like to have Lasik surgery though!

CK: I could buy the building I'm thinking of cheaper than I could buy a house in our town. Housing is at a premium but that building is a steel building that has been empty for a while. I'd bet that I could buy that building and the land it sits on for less than $100k. The house I live in would probably appraise for $120k - 2 bedroom, 1 bath house......A nice house here would cost at least $200k.

april21h1
July 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I would pay off ALL the bills, buy a new house, go on a long vacation, give some to both our parents. There would not be much left after that.

Karin
July 20th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I wish I had to pay a million dollars in taxes every year.

OdinAndAlan
July 20th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I would pay off my student loans, make sure my brother would never borrow for med school (if he gets in), pay off my parents' mortgage, buy a place close to school, get a new car (echo hatchback), um............. stick the rest in something that returns better than inflation each year.

mrjohndoe
July 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Go away for a few days and everything goes screwy here...oh who am I kidding we were already there in the first place! :evil:

Right after the lipo I'd get my back waxed well lower back. I'm not that hairy!

Actually it's sort of fun and frightening as I'll be getting 1/3 to 1/2 that this fall and it is kinda scary.

Writing4Fun
July 20th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Actually it's sort of fun and frightening as I'll be getting 1/3 to 1/2 that this fall and it is kinda scary.
Really? Have I ever told you how fond I am of you? :D

Luba
July 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Just had a lump in my throat regarding the back waxing
(ralph)

I'd pay someone to pick up Sadie's poop
Anyone looking for work?

mrjohndoe
July 20th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Really? Have I ever told you how fond I am of you? :D

LOL!! After the lawyer and gov't gets paid back I should have enought to take you out to dinner at McD's. :D

Actually, hope for enough for a farm or small apt building nearby. Maybe both.

I'd pay someone to pick up Sadie's poop
Anyone looking for work?

As tempting an offer as that is I'll have to take a pass at this job opportunity.

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM
I'll be getting 1/3 to 1/2 that this fall

Oooh, I just realized you and I have the same father! Let me know when our money comes in would ya! :D

susieqt
July 21st, 2005, 01:50 PM
I would pay for everybody to have their animals fixed, cats or dogs!

mrjohndoe
July 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Oooh, I just realized you and I have the same father! Let me know when our money comes in would ya! :D

Strike one! Was adopted and they had all boys!

Better luck next time.:evil:

pags
July 21st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Uhm.. backwaxing and MRIs....

Maybe we should just pool our money and go in for some good group therapy? :crazy:

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 03:29 PM
LOL why group therapy? Half the people on this board can say it's just because of being pregnant and get out of it.. :evil: :D

mrjohndoe
July 21st, 2005, 03:33 PM
LOL why group therapy? Half the people on this board can say it's just because of being pregnant and get out of it.. :evil: :D

For the rest of us it's symbiotic sympathy.

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Strike one! Was adopted and they had all boys!

Better luck next time.:evil:

Who says I wasn't a boy?? hehe :eek:

melanie
July 21st, 2005, 05:07 PM
oh i ahve changed my mind, i would use it to find a good researcher to come up with a translation machine for my dog, so we can finally have a chat and see how wrong i was about alot of things...... :D

and luba i want that job, man cash for pickin up dog poo, now thats an easy job and hardly work at all, only a mug would knock that back, and cna i get to play with her too :D :angel:

Luba
July 21st, 2005, 05:15 PM
Well someone invented a doggie translator Hmmnnn

Mel the jobs all yours! Esp on these hot muggy humid days ewwewe
I promise to give you a glass of lemonade when you're all done (but uh no offence you can't come in the houe after HAHAHA)

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Well someone invented a doggie translator Hmmnnn

Mel the jobs all yours! Esp on these hot muggy humid days ewwewe
I promise to give you a glass of lemonade when you're all done (but uh no offence you can't come in the houe after HAHAHA)

I'd make her wash her hands before I let her hold a glass! She picks up the poo with her bare hands don't cha know! J/K Mel - love ya hon!

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 09:32 PM
and luba i want that job, man cash for pickin up dog poo, now thats an easy job and hardly work at all, only a mug would knock that back, and cna i get to play with her too :D :angel:
Ok, maybe it's the way you wrote it but I don't understand this properly. At least I hope I don't understand this properly... Does this say:

"Getting paid for picking up dog poo? It's an easy job and hardly work at all. The only way to drink it is in a mug, a glass won't do. And you drink it by slamming it down like a shot." Because I know it's gross, but that is what I read. I reread and reread and I still don't get it.

Luba
July 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
Oh Prin you are soo funny, are you serious or kidding ?

I burst out laughin at that one....the only way to drink it is in a mug

ROTFLMHO :p :p :p

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Umm... I'm serious. What does Melanie mean? Because she can't possibly mean that. :o :D

Luba
July 21st, 2005, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty darn shur she didn't mean it 'that' way

But I'm guessing it's slang aussie talk for something...mug meaning idiot..and knock that back meaning...not do it??

Thats how I interpreted it...

Mel 101 HELP US!!!!

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 12:14 AM
I know she must not have meant it that way. I mean, ya, she picks it up with her hands, but she doesn't do shooters with it!! LOL Melanie! Help me figure out what you said! :)

melanie
July 22nd, 2005, 01:35 AM
quote 'The only way to drink it is in a mug, a glass won't do. And you drink it by slamming it down like a shot." Because I know it's gross, but that is what I read. I reread and reread and I still don't get it' bahahahahah you had me in hysterics, your all so bloody funny, man do you ppl speak english or what....boy thers alot of differnce between our countries sometimes, i find it amazing....

ah no i dont do charlie number two shots, blah...

a mug is a foolish idiot, someone who doesnt know a good thing when they see it, lots of ppl are mugs. or some of them even make it to 'muggins' like 'oi move it muggins' now thats really a serious mug. uses- 'oh what a bloody mug' or 'youd have to be a mug to knock it back'

knock back- to say no, i would never 'knock back a good job' you also get knocked back if say you go for an job interview and didnt get it, 'ah mate i was knocked back' . but knock back can also be used to drink, that is knockin back a few beers...

or if yoru a woman and get preggers your said to be 'knocked up' lol lol lol lol surely you know that one, lol....

and yes i wash my hands, do you ppl think im some sort of animal or something (DONT ANSWER THAT :rolleyes: ) i scrub my hands and am not dead yet, sheesh you ppl will get imune disease or something, lol lol. i on the other hand am an immune disease :D :p

Luba
July 22nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
I was RIGHT wooo hooey!!!

Yay for me!

Mel I'll buy you a bio suit LOL ;)

kandy
July 22nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
All of you are sooooooo funny!! :D :D I laugh sometimes so much from things said on this site that I'll even start laughing hours later just thinking about something I read. :p

It's too true that different people give words from the same language different meanings. When I was in high school, I encountered the first true Englishmen I'd ever known. While he was being introduced to the class, he asked if anyone had a rubber he could borrow. Since a rubber here is a condom, you can imagine the kind of response he got. Of course, he was like "What???" because he thinks it means an eraser. He told us that a condom is a "Johnny". It was hilarious then and it still makes me laugh after all these years. :D

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
LOL I have heard that rubber story before. They should put it in text books in England so they don't come here and make fools of themselves... :D

When I was in Ireland, I laughed at a guy's billy boots, and I was told by everybody around me to shut up and stop laughing at Billy's Wellies... :) The guy happened to be named Billy... They thought I said "Ha ha, look at Billy's boots", and by saying his name he had a much higher chance of hearing... :D :D

Thanks Melanie for clearing that up. :D

doggy lover
July 22nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Lets see I'd build my retirement home up north, I'd quit work, pay off bills, pay for kids education, rescue a few dogs and maybe have sometime to actually enjoy life and my family.

SnowDancer
July 22nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
I would need at least another $10 million to maintain, insure, etc. all of the things I had purchased with the first million - which really wouldn't go all that far these days.

Schwinn
July 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Oh, I just thought of something else I would do, something selfless to help the world. I would go to my favourite bike shop, and buy a whole bunch of grips, so I could give one to everyone I meet during the day who could really use getting one!!

LL1
July 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
tee hee!!!

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 12:52 PM
What is a grip? :confused: :o

Schwinn
July 25th, 2005, 01:40 PM

You've never hear of someone being told to get a grip, as in, "Get a grip on reality"? You know, when someone is freaking out, or being melodramatic, or just being an over-reactive tool?

kandy
July 25th, 2005, 01:57 PM

The grip you can buy is the thingy that goes on the end of the handle bars to help you hold on. It's normally made of rubber and got little indentations for your fingers to fit in between. hehe

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM
But why would you waste money on those?

And Schwinn, lucky for you Kandy answered-- otherwise I may have believed you...

Schwinn
July 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM
But why would you waste money on those?

And Schwinn, lucky for you Kandy answered-- otherwise I may have believed you...

I was serious. It's a saying, telling someone to get a grip. I thought it was a common saying. I was being sarcastic, that I would go out and buy a grip for someone.

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Oh, I just thought of something else I would do, something selfless to help the world. I would go to my favourite bike shop, and buy a whole bunch of grips, so I could give one to everyone I meet during the day who could really use getting one!!
I don't buy it because you said "my favorite bike shop". If it was the "get a grip" kind, you wouldn't get it in a bike shop... Trying to fool the Prinmeister, eh?

MollysMommy
July 26th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I would:

1. Pay off my student loans.
2. Live in a great apartment until I graduate, and then buy a small, cute house with a backyard so Molly can run offleash everyday.
3. Start a reasonably-priced dog clothing business. (I might be doing this anyways this fall on a much smaller level)
4. Give my sisters enough money so they don't have to take out loans for their room and board in college.
5. Get an affenpinscher puppy.
6. Send Molly (and my new affenpinscher puppy) to doggy day care every day that my boyfriend and I have classes or work.

Prin
July 29th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Wow, Molly's Mommy is a simple gal! Makes me feel kinda bratty, with all the things I want... :D

jjgeonerd
July 29th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I don't buy it because you said "my favorite bike shop". If it was the "get a grip" kind, you wouldn't get it in a bike shop... Trying to fool the Prinmeister, eh?

Here's a bicycle grip...purchased at a bike shop. Give it to someone and tell them to "get a grip"...play on words. :) I've heard the expression Schwinn! :D

Prin
July 29th, 2005, 12:49 PM
So Schwinn is messin' with my head. I just finished my chem class, so I'll be sharper this week-- Look out Schwinn, look OUT. :evil: :D