Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little worried..... mommy thing.....

lilith_rizel
July 19th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Well, tomorrow is going to be my first day away from my little girl. Yikes. I am a little worried about it. I have an appointment I have to go to, and that is going t last ALL day practically. I would take her with me, but I can't due to OB hospital rules. :mad: And I don't know the lady that is taking me to my appt. My husband's old sgt sets up my rides with soldiers she trusts.

Even though I am having my best friend sit for me, I am still worried that something is going to happen. I sure hope not. I am sure it is normal.......

Anyways, my mind is kinda lost right now. What all should I pack, just incase she would need it??? I have no idea. I already have the usual stuff packed.... diapers, wipes, extra clothes, formula, toys..... anything else I am forgetting......

pags
July 19th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Aw lilith! :grouphug: I know what you're feeling. She'll be fine - just keep telling yourself that and try try try to relax.

I'm sure you've packed everything -- I used to pack the entire house up to take my babies places... :p Just make sure you pack more diapers than you actually think she'll need. I noticed that the few times somebody sat for me they changed the baby waaaay more often than they really needed to -- just to be on the safe side, I guess :)

HUGS I really do understand. Somebody will have to sit with our baby when I go to the hospital to deliver our newest -- and can you believe I'm more nervous about that than I am about labor? :eek: Giggles. Hang in there! You'll both be okay!!!

savannah
July 19th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Lilith, we have all been there, and for me, it has never gotten any better. I still hate to leave my daughter with anyone (other then dh) and because of this, we hardly ever go out. But when we did both have to be away from my daughter, i made sure to pack the usual stuff, diapers, wipes, vaseline or zinc oxide cream, clothes, (when she was younger) bibs, nasal aspirator, medicine (just in case, and we clarified dosage with grandparent) toys, bottles.
I wish i had the "used too many diapers" problem. Once we left my daughter (overnight) with her paternal grandparents, and they called us back early (they thought it would be a breeze) since she was crying and would not stop crying. Turns out, they never changed her diaper once, not a single time, all because she did not have a bm. Common sense would tell you that if a baby is crying, it's because of a) hunger b) gas c) dirty diaper d) needs some tlc
That is when i decided i don't want to have a life other then at home any more.
Good Luck, and remember, you are not alone, every mom feels this way when leaving their child for the first, second, third, everytime lol

lilith_rizel
July 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Pags, I switched over to cloth..... so, I will pack a few, but my friend asked if it was alright if she just used disposables, if she couldn't master the cloth ones. LOL. She has a a 2 week old and has diapers stocked up for all sizes!!! I would much rather her use what works best on Judith, then for her going insane trying to get it right...... She has never used cloth, and I know how hard it is... I am still working on finding a way to fasten the buggers, so they don't fall off, and I have been using the for a month :eek: :o . Oh well.

You know what. I never thought about what to do with her when we have the new baby!!!! That is something I will have to talk to James about. Hmmmmm...... thanks for saying that. I am already about 4 months now, so it is something we should be talking about, with friends moving, and all, we need to plan things a bit earlier than most families...... :rolleyes:

lilith_rizel
July 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Wow, that must have been uncomfortable. Poor baby. This will be the second time that I have been away from her, since she has been home, but the first time, she was with my sisters, and I was only gone 2 hours! Tomorrow will be all day!!!! Well, my friend is close enough to family. So I trust her really well. I am just glad that she is excited to be watching her tomorrow for me. I thought it would have been an issue, being that she just had her son 2-3 weeks ago. But we worked things out, she will sit for me when I have my appts, and I will watch her dogs when she goes home to NY to visit family. Happens alot, being that it is only a 6 hour drive. I don't mind it either. They let me know if someone is outside. Still have to find one of those dog barking alarm things Mel was talking about.......

CyberKitten
July 19th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Awww ((((Lillith)))))) :grouphug: She'll be fine!! It will be harder for you than her - believe me! (Tho I have a hard time leaving my cat so I am not one to talk). It may be good for you to have time for yourself even if it an appt. I recall joking once when in a summer job (political aide), I was sent to pick someone up at the airport and I said to the people in the office when I left that "You never know, I just might make a friend for life!" And you know what, I DID!! So, maybe you will really like this person and it will someone you can talk to there. You seem lonely where you are and this person may well be someone who can introduce you to more ppl.

You are SUCH a great mommy!! I wish more mommy's were like you! :)