Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Water Pictures

katy82
July 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I thought in this heat it might be fun to have a "water" thread showing off our pets in the water. Maybe watching them cool down will cool us down!

I like this one because its like Phil is saying "I LOVE the water!"

katy82
July 18th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Maybe if Mom doesn't see me she won't make me get out....

Prin
July 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Wow she looks so different all wet! Looks like fun. ;)

Daniac
July 19th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Zaire looooooooves the lake!

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I'm all for the water thread - I need some form of cooling off!

Here's Dodger:

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
And another - crazy legs!

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
And another - he looks sad but intense!

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:08 PM
And this is after a long afternoon of swimming! I had to crop it so it doesn't look as nice!

Lissa
July 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
BTW, I love the first one of Phil!!

And I didn't see Zaire's photo until after - certainly looks exuberant! Very nice picture!

Melissa

Rick C
July 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Abby and Keeper in Pine Lake, Alberta . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1080141_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

katy82
July 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
These pics are GREAT! Keep them coming...

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Here are my babies swimming.. These are old, but I'm still to poor, I mean, I'm still a student, so I can't get my new films developed for a while...

dmc123
July 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Great post, cools me off just seeing those babies playing in the water :)

Diane

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 03:40 PM
No kidding, eh? Rick C's look so refreshing.

Here's Jemma chompin' on her splashes.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 21st, 2005, 08:36 PM
Great pics everyone I love dogs that swim I can't wait to take Joey swimming apparenlty he loves it okanagan Lake here we come.

dmc123
July 22nd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Here's one of Laney as a pup, loves to get squirted with the water hose, still :)

Diane

glasslass
July 22nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Prin, is that a life jacket? Friends of ours had a black pomeranian that couldn't swim. His fur was so dense that the water just weighed it down. He'd flip over backwards and go under. We had an old style life jacket (like a long 8" strip of flotation material that buckled around his body with an elongated hole for his front legs to go through) and it worked beautifully on him.

I don't have my scanner hooked up to scan some of my old pictures. Wahhhh!

doggy lover
July 22nd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Tucker loves the water, maybe he is a retriever want to be

Luba
July 22nd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Hey look at all those soggy heads!

:D

Altimate Z
July 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Til this day.. she still believes that she can catch spraying water..

Altimate Z
July 30th, 2005, 06:27 PM
and the results..

Rick C
July 31st, 2005, 09:24 PM
We went to Upper Kananaskis Lake today to get away from the heat a bit . . . . . note the snow still on the mountains at the end of July as Keeper and Abby take a dip.

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1100031_edited-1.jpg

And we saw this Grizzly loping along the highway as well . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1100065_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
July 31st, 2005, 10:39 PM
Beautiful! Wow. :) Hey let's have the annual barbeque at Rick's place this year. And next year. And the year after that. :D

Glasslass, yes, Boo wears a life jacket (he actually sent that one to Odin of Raingirl, because it was too small for him). He swims out too far once in a while and the not-so-attentive motorboat drivers tend to go way too close to him... It's the Outward Hound one. :)

chico2
August 1st, 2005, 07:58 AM
My neighbors Bailey taking a bath in my bird-bath :D The JRT is my grand-doggy!!

SnowDancer
August 1st, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hi Katy, I see that Phil likes to flaunt her tail as much as my guy does. Really cute picture and am glad to see that Phil still has her fur. I was at the previously discussed pet store buying cat litter and this time it was a poodle cross being shaved to the pink. Since I saw the dog prior to the "grooming" I know for a fact he was not extremely matted or suffering from some condition that would warrant such loss of hair. Many people were standing at the window clutching their furry pups and telling them not to worry. Think that perhaps having people see this happen is not good for business. The little stud muffin is going to be groomed on Aug. 11 - his tummy fur is getting very thick and he never blows his coat. And a little trim to his tail. He loves his tail and so does every dog at socialization - it is the perfect size for his body and "pert". Expect Phil is really happy it has cooled off.

raingirl
August 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM
Here is Odin today in the Credit River in Mississauga.

raingirl
August 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM
Here he is again

raingirl
August 1st, 2005, 02:09 PM
And here is the last one.

He didn't want to get out!

Prin
August 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
THERE HE IS!!! Wow, he looks so comfy in his jacket. That's great. I'm glad it gives him more confidence in the water. :) He's such a cute doggy. :)

Altimate Z
August 2nd, 2005, 04:12 AM
Rick C.. WOWWW!! Where exactly Kananaskis Lake? I will have to remember that name for a vacation spot. It looks gorgeous there.. esp with your dogs! :)

Rick C
August 2nd, 2005, 08:31 AM
Rick C.. WOWWW!! Where exactly Kananaskis Lake? I will have to remember that name for a vacation spot. It looks gorgeous there.. esp with your dogs! :)

Thanks.

Upper Kananaskis Lake is in southwestern Alberta, in the Rockies west of Calgary. Its about 5445 feet above sea level.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

doggy lover
August 2nd, 2005, 08:49 AM
Hey rick the pic of the bear would scare the crap out of me. I'm just a city child

kandy
August 3rd, 2005, 11:15 AM
Love this thread! Some really awesome photos in there (especially the lake one from RickC). I really need to get some photos scanned - have taken lots of water pix over the last month! :rolleyes:

kandy
August 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Here's a water pix of Hazel & Parker. Hazel is the one swimming with the training dummy and Parker is waiting. This was taken before Parker figured out that he really can swim. Now they race for the dummy and Parker will try to dunk Hazel because she can swim faster than him. :p

Daniac
August 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Zaire has decided to become a lab rather than a dane!