Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

went to the humane society today...

MollysMommy
July 18th, 2005, 06:15 PM
So I had some things I wanted to drop off at the humane society (towels, collars, toys, etc.), and I stopped there after work. I walked around the place after giving them my stuff (this is where I got Molly by the way) and I wanted to cry. All the animals there make me so sad. I want to take them all home. I really don't think I can go there again and walk around without going there purposely to adopt another dog. All I could picture was my Molly all sad and crying after we adopted her and left her to get spayed. But the really great thing...so many kennels were empty. It does make me happy to see so many animals are being adopted. I mean, the place was BOOMING.

Prin
July 18th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I know. I can never go near the SPCA. I can't save them all and it makes me too sad.

kandy
July 19th, 2005, 01:09 PM
My husband says that I'm banned from the Humane Society. I've been bugging him for the last week to let me bring home a 10yr old Pyrenees mix female that they have there. If I could, I would bring them all home. He really doesn't think that we should adopt the Pyrenees, but I haven't given up yet. I think my son inherited my soft spot when it comes to dogs. He ran into someone who has been fostering a Shar Pei that they want him to take. He was considering it and then someone else took it. The foster home has it back now because whoever adopted it abused it. I don't know how the foster mom found out that it was being abused, but that's what she told my son. He went to look at it last night but I haven't spoken to him yet today so I don't know if he took it home or not. He said last night that he had done some research on Shar Pei's and was asking me about different behavioral problems that he read they are prone to. I did warn him that if this dog was being abused, it could be a long hard road to get the dog past it. But I know that if it was me, I would be more worried about giving the dog a forever loving home than worrying about how I was going to handle any problems. That's why I'm still bugging hubby over the Pyr - I still think that the dog would rather be in a forever home with Hazel jumping on her head everyday than spending the rest of her life (which will probably be shortened) in a cage! :(