Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

THS commercial

doggy lover
July 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Has anyone seen the new commercial for the THS, where a dog is locked in a car and you can hear it panting and whining, then nothing, there are also excuses reading across the bottom of the screen of what the owners are saying. It brought tears to my eyes, and made me angry to think people are so STUPID. Please don't leave pets or children in your cars and get this message out to everyone. My friend told me the other weekend she seen a dog left in a car and just walked away as she didn't know what to do, I told her next time call the police, fire, what ever get someone to help. Please don't walk away.

Lissa
July 18th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I haven`t seen it yet but I agree it must be a tear-jerker.

I remember seeing one as a teen, I think it was for the SPCA in general or something. It showed all these poor homeless dogs and cats, behind cages and reaching their paws through. Bryan Admas` song "I`ll be right here wating for you" was on during it and I cried like a baby.

I wish that these commercials would have a profound effect on some pet owners but it`s like they just ignore it!

Melissa

Derek & Jeter
July 21st, 2005, 09:32 AM
I think it will affect people.

It affected me indirectly. Now I know you can call the police if you see pets or children in a car on a hot day.

:highfive: :D

Beaglemom
July 21st, 2005, 10:12 AM
These types of commercials always make me cry. I can't even watch the THS program that runs on some weekends, I end up crying through the whole thing. I just wish that people would use common sense when it comes to their pets and kids.

mona_b
July 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
I think it will affect people.

Unfortunately it doesn't with everyone..... :mad:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,if you see this,call the Police ASAP

Bearsmom
July 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM
We went to a call the other day (it was about 35 degrees celcius at 8PM), and this woman had left her two kids locked in the car, windows up. We got there, both kids were unresponsive. Her answer? "Well, they were sleeping, and I didn't want to wake them up, so I left them in the car and went shopping". I almost hit her. Long story short, kids were dehydrated but are going to be fine. I still wish I'd slugged her.

Children, pets, whatever, I wish some of these people would sit themselves in a car with the windows up, doors locked, car off, and wear a fur coat and see how hot they'd be.