Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sammiec, Heeler'sRock, Pags

Copper'sMom
July 18th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Hi ladies! How are your pregnancies going?? Sammiec, you must be getting close to your due date aren't you??

Where is heeler'srock?? Has she been on lately??

Hope you are both doing well - especially with the heat!

sammiec
July 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Awww.. thanks for thinking of me (us) !!!! LOL

I'm going great! I'm getting to the most uncomfortable part... but it's tolerable still... I am swelling and can't sit for long, pains all over, and stretchmarks have begun to rear their ugly heads... I made it SOOOO long with none and then this weekend they appeared!! :evil:

I have 4 weeks and 5 days remaining!!! Our nursery is coming together, and all is well. I really have nothing to complain about.

I talked to Pami last week. She's getting tired all the time, but she's doing awesome too... hopefully she comes back with an update soon!!!

:grouphug:

Copper'sMom
July 18th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Good to hear all is well!! I've heard vitamin E oil helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks if that helps any! :o Maybe cod liver oil too??

Does your hubby know how to log on here to post updates and pics of the new baby?? LOL We'll be anxoiusly waiting! :grouphug:

Luba
July 18th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Sammie the heat must be the worst part of this for you.

I think about you ALL the time my friend :D hugs

sammiec
July 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!

DH is computer illiterate. :rolleyes: I'll be back, don't you worry.. at least to share a couple pics with you guys!!

lilith_rizel
July 18th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many expecting ladies this year!!! There are alot om my friends and family expecting as well!!! This is exciting.

Sammiec, do you know what you are having, or are you keeping it as a suprise? James and I will be finding out what we are having again, when we get the first ultra sound. Hope that it's a boy this time. :D Either way, I will just be happy when s/he is finally here.... and I am only 19 weeks!!! I couldn't imagine being as far as along as you are during the summer. It is bad enough the way it is. So hot and muggy out here.

Well, let us all know whe the baby arrives!!!!!

pags
July 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Aw stretch marks!! Those are battle scars!! :D
Honestly you only need the Vitamin E, etc. to help if they become itchy or anything like that... But they will quite honestly fade alllll on their own. Trust me on this one -- I've had some stretch marks that were unbelievable! As a matter of fact, I have stretch marks ON my stretch marks this time around... :p

Four weeks and five days? Woo. I'm due four weeks and four days from now. How is THAT for coincidence? :eek:

lilith_rizel
July 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Pags, congatulations!!!!

pags
July 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Don't forget pags!!
LOL Thank you WWolf!!! I didn't even see this before I posted! :p

And thank you too, lilith! :D It seems some congratulations are in order for you as well!! :highfive: Congratulations!!!

Luba
July 18th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Now how could we ever forget you Pags :D
neva eva eva :grouphug:

Prin
July 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Good luck, all you preggies!! I hope everything goes well. Even the weather. :)

sammiec
July 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Lilith, we're having a boy. We found out a while ago. We're still stuck on names though.... :rolleyes:

Congrats Pags!!!! I didn't realize we were so close!!! I wonder who will go first!?! LOL

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Lilith, we're having a boy. We found out a while ago. We're still stuck on names though.... :rolleyes:

You know, Schwinn's a good name... :D

(And yes, my wife also said no...)

sammiec
July 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM
LMAO Schwinn... yeah... I don't think so.... ice cream?

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 10:12 AM
When Gracie was born, I was holding her, and Cheryl looked at me and said, "Well, Daddy, what's her name?" When I said, "Kona Schwinn", I was told I wasn't allowed to name her after my mountain bikes. Well, why'd she ask?? (I actually did choose Grace. Apparently, I really only had the choice between the names we had discussed previously)

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Congrats Pags!!!! I didn't realize we were so close!!! I wonder who will go first!?! LOL We'll have to start a pool!! :D

pags
July 20th, 2005, 12:58 AM
We'll have to start a pool!! :D

Oooooh.. can't sammie and I both just go now and get it over with? We can call it a draw!!!!! :D

Why I Am Awake at 12:47 am Again - by Pags

1) I tried to go to sleep at 10pm but was suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome and got up to take Judge for a late walk.
2) Late walk resulted in acute thirst since it's still 89F at night.... Finished quenching thirst, etc. by 10:45pm..
3) 10:47pm Thirst quenching catches up with me again and had to head for potty.. Same thing at 11:01 pm, 11:15 pm and 11:31 pm
4) Multiple trips to potty brought on snack craving... One banana and a yogurt later - back to bed at 11:45 pm
5) 11:50 pm - Banana & Yogurt induced indigestion sets in... resort to sitting upright in front of computer (and pets.ca) to ease acid reflux :yuck:
6) 12:15 am - final attempt at going to bed ends in two leg cramps and another round of contractions

And that is why I'm awake at 12:47 (uh 12:57 now) am again. :eek:
I think I'm too old for this!!! *whine*

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Wow, you really make me want to take my birth control patch off... :rolleyes: :eek:

Jackie467
July 20th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Doesn't sound too pleasant. But I can't wait till I feel that way. (I can't get preggo). Do you know what your having or do you want it to be a surprise?

pags
July 20th, 2005, 01:22 AM
LOL Prin!

It's totally worth it though. Somehow I always manage to forget all of this exactly 3 seconds after the baby is born. :D

Oh Jackie - I hope that you will someday! :grouphug:
We are expecting a girl. I used to wait to be surprised -- but I'm just not as patient as I once was. This will make it two boys and two girls for us. :) Kind of nice to be able to use the hand-me-downs!!!!

Jackie467
July 20th, 2005, 01:31 AM
That is the ideal family for me. I want 2 boys and 2 girls one day. I never had any brothers and sisters so I want a big family.

pags
July 20th, 2005, 01:40 AM
That is the ideal family for me. I want 2 boys and 2 girls one day.

Me too Jackie! I always said I'd want exactly this. I'm REALLY excited... Of course my husband keeps saying 'maybe one more'.. ARGH!! I'm not quite in the mood for planning that far ahead right now. :D

I only had sisters... and I always wanted a brother... So I thought a good balance would be perfect. My husband on the other hand -- is like you and was an only child... So he thinks a house brimming with kids is the answer. :eek:

heeler's rock!
July 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I completely missed this thread!! :D YIKES!

Thanks for thinking of me Copper's Mom! I thought everyone on here would forget that I'm expecting. :o

I'm hanging in there! I'm due in 11 weeks, and Samantha's right, I'm EXHAUSTED! The heat here hasn't been too bad so that's good. It's just so draining to get out of bed and get my self to work. It seems that every 2 weeks I need a day off to relax with my feet up! My job's not even hard, but I can't stretch out there, and I have to be in super early if I don't wanna leave late. Only 8 more weeks of work left though. I hope I can survive!! :) No stretch marks yet, but I'm expecting at least some very soon! :eek:

We're also expecting a little boy, so that's exciting! We picked up paint for the nursery and we have pretty much everything he's gonna need. We just need the crib matress, a playpen, and a few more items of clothing! It's gone by so fast so far though! I start my 2 week appointments this week! CRAZY! :crazy:

Anyways, no major problems or complications, so that's good. I just can't wait to have this little bean and show him off to all you wonderful folks! :)

Samantha, I can't WAIT to see you're little guy either!! It's so great when you can share an experience as amazing as pregnancy with others going through the same things! :o

Copper'sMom
July 20th, 2005, 09:39 AM
I didn't realize you were all due so close to each other!!! Prin, we should start a pool!!!

Congrats on your little baby boys Sam and Heeler!!! And your little baby girl Pags!!! :grouphug:

Good to hear all is well with you too Heeler'srock!! :grouphug:

Bearsmom
July 20th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I used the Body Shop Cocoa Butter stick, applied daily to abdomen, not a stretch mark in sight....works like a charm and smells nice.

Congrats to all who are expecting!

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Reviving this-- how is it going all you preggies? :)

pags
August 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Grrrrr... *foottap* I had another doctor's visit early this morning. Things are moving along slowly according to him.. but it certainly doesn't feel that way on this end. :D Even so... I get to wait out the week and if nothing happens we're scheduled for an induction Friday morning. Woop!

How about the rest of my preggo friends? sammie - you still out there?

chico2
August 8th, 2005, 04:24 PM
WoW,it's going to be raining wonderful baby-pics here very soon.. :thumbs up
To me being pregnant was a wonderful thing(maybe I've just forgotten :D ),the birth and the wonderful life you've created,no better feeling on earth!
However,after the teenage years etc...I sometimes wish I could have put them back where they came from :D Just kidding,but having 3 boys was not always an easy thing...my cats are sooo much easier to live with :D

doggy lover
August 8th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Good bye tummies and hello mummies. Congrats to all you pregnant mums out there, I'm glad its you and not me at 41 I can't see me doing that one again. LOL. It is a wonderful feeling though. Good luck to all.

melanie
August 8th, 2005, 05:31 PM
the body shop butter bar is amazing, i suffer from streach marks naturally, my family is very prone, and hey im only like 110 pound in your language, so it sucks... i have used the body shop stick for ages and it works a real charm, fades to old ones too.... i would recomend it to all of you, streach marks suck, but they do fade eventually.......