Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PM thread?!?

sammiec
July 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I am so confused!!! There was a thread here this morning re: Private messages.... I can't seem to find it again... was it removed?

Trinitie
July 18th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, it was here, and has been deleted.

Luvmypit
July 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Any particular reason it was deleted?

nymph
July 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I didn't see the PM thread, but there seems to be some tension building here lately, must be the heat wave.

BMDLuver
July 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I would just chalk it up to the moderators doing their job for whatever reason and let it go at that. :)

Avalon
July 18th, 2005, 03:42 PM
The OP was asking about privacy/security with private messaging and was referred to site admin.
No one can read or access another's private messages.

White Wolf
July 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM
If you need info on pm's you can pm Marko and he'll gladly answer your questions.

marko
July 18th, 2005, 06:01 PM
There was a PM thread and yes I deleted it. It is in this column and the poster was Melinda.

That post should have been PMed to me. Instead it was posted.

No problem people make mistakes, but I answered the question flat out, and let the thread stay live. Then OTHERS were debating the issue. Given that it SHOULD have been a PM it was deleted.

You should know that despite current paranoia - all this board wants to do is help people and their pets.

We have no secret agenda, we do not spy on people (despite the unfounded accusations that people are free to make).

All this board was put up for is to help people and their pets.

As always members can PM me with their concerns.

But if they choose to post stuff that is against the rules it gets deleted. It does not mean there is a conspiracy afoot. It means it was against the rules.....always designed to protect the integrity of this board.

Thanks
Marko

Luvmypit
July 19th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Thank you. Just inquiring.

nymph
July 19th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Marko was right, there is no real privacy on the Internet, but no sane admin would have the time/will to go through members' private messages.

That being said, a word of caution, like what was said in the movie The Incredibles: "Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it." ;)

Writing4Fun
July 19th, 2005, 03:20 PM
That being said, a word of caution, like what was said in the movie The Incredibles: "Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it." ;)
Yeah, that ... and "No capes!!" :p Sorry, but that line just gave me an image of Marko running around in a mask and red tights. :eek:

Karin
July 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, that ... and "No capes!!" :p Sorry, but that line just gave me an image of Marko running around in a mask and red tights. :eek:

How about a speedo instead of red tights? While we're at it...give him a light sabre too.

I've gone too far...I do not need this image right now..lol!

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I could loan him my outfit, the speedo and Saran wrap...

(now THERE'S a visual that ought to put sleeping off!)

BMDLuver
July 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I could loan him my outfit, the speedo and Saran wrap...

(now THERE'S a visual that ought to put sleeping off!)
k, that was wayyyyyyyyyyy too much information! :p

marko
July 20th, 2005, 12:49 AM
So now my speedo and tights are uncool?

Thanks a lot!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Is the speedo blue? If it's blue, then, well, no.