Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Dachshund - Help!!

angelinfla
July 17th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I have a 5 year old female dachshund. Just yesterday she started (what I call) seizing, her body get stiff, she shakes like shes freezing, and she pants very very bad. She did it once yesterday, but basically all day long today. It calms her when I hold her and talk to her. Her eyes have looked very different. She looks at me like help me. My vet has been closed this weekend and cannot afford the emergency vet.

Her gums are pink, she is drinking water normally and eating her food NOT so normally. She is usually excited to eat but today I had to coax her to eat.

After I calm her down when she sleeps she is fine, when she wakes up, she starts the shaking and panting again.

Can anyone help me get through the night, any suggestions? I am taking to the vet tomorrow moring at 7:30 a.m.

Thanks, Tammy

White Wolf
July 17th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Please take her to the emergency vet. She could have injested something poisonous or it could be something worse.

Please come back with an update. :)

Karin
July 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
There are a few emergency hospitals in the Jacksonville area and the U of Fla vet college is less than 2 hours away from you. The number is 352/392-4700 and they are open 24 hours a day. Good luck.