Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on baby possum

melanie
July 17th, 2005, 05:55 PM
about a month ago i found a baby possum in the bakc yard, i posted the info here. anyway the wildlife rescue came and got him and took him home, he was undereweight and had been kickedo ut of the nest due to the drought and lack of food...

well the wildlife rescue rang yesterday and came over. possy is doing really well and will be ready for release soon... the law states that he msut be released where found, so they are releasing him in the bush next to our place... hubby will get his nesting box and put in the fork of a tree we found and he will be released next week at dusk one day....

he will be next to us so we can keep an eye on him, i have told the neighbors and they are all really interested in keeping an eye out for him also.... so he will bew well cared for from now on :D

yay for possy, he survived and is now fat and happy and will come home very soon....

what a good story....and i have got a new friend

Lissa
July 17th, 2005, 06:53 PM
What a nice happy ending!

I've never found such an interesting wild animal but out of the many birds I have rescued, only 2 have survived so it's great to hear that this little guy made it!

It will be nice for you to *hopefully* catch a glimpse of him now that he is all healthy and everything!