Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weird poop story

Freyja
July 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I was at the park today with Lindy and saw the strangest thing! This woman was standing behind her large breed dog (great Dane?!?!) and holding the bag while the dog did its thing. She was catching the poo before it hit the ground. The dog didn't look too impressed, poor thing, no privacy at all!! :crazy:

Karin
July 17th, 2005, 05:52 PM
That is just plain weird...

What if the dog moved suddenly like my dog has a habit of doing?

Eew!

Lissa
July 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I've actually thought about doing that because Dodger gets soft poops sometimes and its really impossible to clean up properly. Of course, I would never actually do that for the above mentioned reason BUT it had crossed my mind! :)

Catt31
July 17th, 2005, 07:44 PM
LMAO!! That would be a sight to see!! BUT, I do know people do it - someone suggested that to me when I asked about training Brick to poo in one spot in the yard. They said to follow him around with a bag, then I wouldn't have to clean up poop all over the yard!!

I figured it is easier to just take him for his walk and let him poo at the park where he strategically places it in the middle of a bush or on top of a branch! Very creative pooper he is!!! Makes it fairly easy to clean up! But I don't think I'd degrade him by following him with a bag - poor thing, I feel bad even watching him when he craps!!!

I guess if it works for some....have at it!!!! Not my "bag" of fun!!! (No pun intended!!!) :D

Golden Girls
July 17th, 2005, 08:49 PM
But I don't think I'd degrade him by following him with a bag - poor thing, I feel bad even watching him when he craps!!! :D so true LOL

Schwinn
July 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I once jokingly suggested putting Daisy's legs in the handles, kind of like a big ol'plastic diaper. I think that was one of the many times Cheryl said, "You know, if she ever does bite, you'll be the first."

Prin
July 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
The way you write that, Schwinn, I get such a vivid mental picture and it's hilarious. :D

LL1
July 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
LOL your wife is as funny as you are!
I think that was one of the many times Cheryl said, "You know, if she ever does bite, you'll be the first."

Bearsmom
July 17th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Bear absolutely will NOT poop if anyone's watching. He'd rather explode than be watched, so I can only imagine what he'd do if I was standing right behind him.....

Shaykeija
July 17th, 2005, 11:25 PM
We had Dallas trained to go into a rolled up newspaper cone. Sure made the neighbours laugh but didn't have to worry about any leavings. :p we would wait until she got into the hunchback stance and slide it under her. When she was finished we got out of the way of her feet. She never let on that she knew what we were doing. Dallas was a sheppard, husky wolf mix that weighed 100 pounds. She died 2 years ago from cancer. :sad: Too bad the girls we have now are so small. Their butts are too close to try that one on them.

doggy lover
July 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I've never seen that, but one time Tucker got poop stuck in his back leg fur (as he has very long fur on his back legs and tail) anyways I used a poop bag to pull it off. He just kept on walking around hunched over waiting for it to fall off, it wasn't working so I had to help.LOL

chico2
July 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I remember needing a Urine-sample off my diabetic cat,I waited for him to start peeing,then I held a little cup to catch it :D The look on his face was priceless(for everything else you use Mastercard!) :D
Schwinn you never fail to give me a good laugh,your household must be hilarious...
http://bestsmileys.com/peeing/2.gif

Luba
July 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Been there done that!

When u have a dog with liquid squirts you rather have it in a bag trust me

Prin
July 18th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I dread the day that I have to bring in a doggy urine sample. No thanks. My vet got one by syringe once, but I've never had to collect myself, yet... :fingerscr

Luba
July 18th, 2005, 09:33 PM
You guys are silly

I don't see what the problem/fuss is...#1 / #2 you do what you gotta do!

Did the vomit bag to (ok I know enuf information)

chico2
July 19th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I'm with Luba,kitty-pee or poop,even vomit does not bother me at all.,,now,human waste is another story,anyone vomits in my house,they clean it up themselves :yuck:

Dogastrophe
July 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Things are getting really crappy around here lately. What's this now, the 4th or 5th thread dedicated to defication!! :crazy:

I remember the first day I had to reach down with a bag around my hand to pick up after Monty. I thought I was going to lose it right on the sidewalk and then have two messes to clean. I recall looking at the pile, centering the bag, lowering my arm, looking away, clenching fingers, and then tying the bag without looking at it, all the while couching and gagging.

Now I can pick it up without a thought, sometimes commenting on the quantity of wood pieces in it or the awful stink.

I had mentioned this device in another of the 'poop' threads. I have seen for sale a device similiar to an apple picker (long handle with a little basket on the end) that you place your bag in and place under Fido has he does his business. Basically a catch as it drops device. I can't even picture how funny that would look watching someone follow their dog around with the rig hovering below his butt.