Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

doggy toothpaste?

raingirl
July 16th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Can anyone recommend a good doggy toothpaste?? Odin doesn't like either of the two we have tried so far. We have tried "Four Paws" Pet Dental toothpaste, original flavour, and "Vetbasis" dental treat paste (the later is not used in brushing, but put in dental cleaning toys to clean his teeth).

Anyone know maybe a natural toothpaste recipe (maybe just a bakingsoda paste?)

Puppyluv
July 16th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I use Petrodex Beef Flavoured (mmmmm :p ) toothpaste, and layla loves it. But if you don't want to try buying another one, I've heard that for dogs that really don't like thier teeth being cleaned, you can givep them a chunk of hard root vegetable (potato, turnip) and it will clean their teeth. I believe that's from Stanley Coren, but not 100% sure.

Lucky Rescue
July 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM
They should make cat poop flavoured doggy toothpaste. They'd be begging for a brushing.:D

pags
July 16th, 2005, 02:59 PM
They should make cat poop flavoured doggy toothpaste. They'd be begging for a brushing.:D

Ewwwwwwwwwww LR! That's gonna ruin my dinner for sure! :eek: :D

Luba
July 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
OMG LR tooo funny! LOL

For doggie toothpaste you can just buy some of your own non fluoride toothpaste and that's just as good. There are loads of flavoured toothpaste for dogs, pick you favourite.

LOL I'd stay away from anything abrasive right now or strong...due to the recent ouchies in the moufies :D

Jackie467
July 16th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I have the beef flavored toothpaste and Candi and BJ HATE it. I was also wondering this, you beat me to it lol. I'm curious to see what everyone uses.

Catt31
July 17th, 2005, 10:47 AM
We use C.E.T. home dental care, by virbac in Vanilla Malt flavour! Brick LOVVVESSSSS it!!! We get it at our vets office. There are a few other new flavours but he chose Vanilla Malt! It smells really good too!!

He hates the beef and chicken flavours!