Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do you keep up with this site?

Prin
July 16th, 2005, 10:39 AM
A little bit trivial, but I am trying to figure out how "normal" I am when it comes to this website...

I'm just wondering how people keep up with the posts on this site. I end up popping in a few times a day, just so I don't end up with 3 pages of new posts. It's like a drug. Every few hours, I'm jonesing for some pets.ca.

So how do you do it? Do you pop in once every day and read the slew, or do you pop in a few times in the day, or do you just let some threads go by without ever reading them?

Ahhh, why not have a poll. I love polls!

JDG
July 16th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I'm the same, I like to check in a couple times of day - generally to put breaks in the middle of boring things I'm doing at work.

I also use the 'new posts' feature. . . .I think thats why I miss alot around here, if its not on new posts, I don't read it. :P

Prin
July 16th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I added the poll... You were so quick to answer JDG and it took me a while to set up my options. I have to think of every possible answer people might need... Takes forever. I have to keep putting on different shoes, tie them up, walk a little, then come up with the option.

Luba
July 16th, 2005, 10:53 AM
That's so funny I dont' know which one to choose I can select three of them LOL :D

Prin
July 16th, 2005, 10:58 AM
How can you select 3? Is there a loophole somewhere? I'm still tying to get this right... I didn't make this one a multiple choice... Should I have?

pags
July 16th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I get sooo upset when I realize I've totally missed posts... Then I start thinking "Hmm.. I must come more often.. Must - not - miss - posts!!" And then I still miss posts.

Ahhh.. obsession.

Jackie467
July 16th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I'm completely addicted and I admit it. I'm here every hour when i'm at work (unless it's busy) and then I come on and stay on the nights that SO works, then when he's home I check in at least once a night. And unless i'm doing something over the weekend i'm here every 3 or 4 hours.

Terrible isn't it? Is there some sort of 12 step program? lol, I need it.

My SO actully gets mad at me because I'm on here all the time. In fact he is sitting here shaking his head now.

CyberKitten
July 16th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Once a day - maybe more, depends. I'd be anxious to know HOW ppl access this site - do they click New Posts, browse the categories that interest them, do different things, etc

Safyre
July 16th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I check in every once in a while if I am home and bored. Otherwise, I just catch up at night while checking my email.
As for how i surf.. I don't use the new posts button, I just go to the topics that interest me ... Genreal Forum offTopic ... Pet Photography are the ones I typically hit.

Kariia
July 16th, 2005, 01:05 PM
:D I go to interesting posts, and use the "Who's Online" feature too.

And I come on at least 3 times a day.

Dogastrophe
July 16th, 2005, 04:17 PM
During the week while I'm at work I usually have this site sitting in a minimized window and check it quite frequently. Weekends are kind of hit or miss. Usually once per day, sometimes not at all.

Britishvixen21
July 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Im here at least a couple of times a day, theres a 'new posts' button??? I just browse through and see titles that take my interest and I always look at the pics and jokes.

At work i usually have this up on one page and surf with another, i guess i am a little addicted. Im also joined to a immigration forum that is similiar to this but is not as busy. so i go there around once a week or when its quiet in here.

LavenderRott
July 16th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I belong to several different forums and I have a tendency to surf between them when I am online. They all have a new posts button and it is my favorite. That way, I never miss a new post.

I may read every new post, but a lot of the time, I don't feel the need to respond.

Karin
July 16th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I belong to several different forums and I have a tendency to surf between them when I am online. They all have a new posts button and it is my favorite. That way, I never miss a new post.

I may read every new post, but a lot of the time, I don't feel the need to respond.

Ditto that except I belong to only one other webboard.

"Mark Read" is the option I like, when you log off and log back in you start fresh with an option to read the entire post if needed. I waste little time this way. I usually have very little time to spend these days.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Once we get our puppy I will be here less as I will be verryy busy training him/her, cleaning up after him/her and of course taking him for lots and lots of walks!!

melanie
July 17th, 2005, 05:15 PM
i come here most mornings while i check my email.... occassionally i will pop back later if there is somethign really interesting going on, or i dont want to miss too much... but my computer is only switchedo n for about 1hr in the morns, and not often throughout the rest of the day, too busy and morn is my only sit down time really....

being in the southern hem its a bit hard, in my day time hardly anyone is here, and overnight you seem to discuss so much, or a thread will be discussed fully and closed before i get back.....

you ppl are just too darn fast for me........

MY q- DO YOU TELL OTHER PPL YOU COME HERE OR ARE YOU A CLOSET PETS CA-ER??? i for one tell my friends and family about my internaitonal dogh club and interesting goings ons, i am quite proud of being a member actually, how about you???

Luvmypit
July 18th, 2005, 09:57 AM
LOL I am proud. I am always quoting fellow pets.ca members. You will often hear me say 'while on my pets site they say'.. or 'You know I heard this on my site that this is good.' 'You shouldn't do that because on my pets site they say' ... lol

Now anyone who has a dog question or aniamls in general will ask me. If I don't know I will find out.... FROM YOU ALL!

I probably come about 1 - 3 times a day 5 days a week. I usally don't come on the weekend as I am on the computer all dang day long and hate to even look at it on the weekend. But if I do... its to go to pets.ca ... :rolleyes:

doggy lover
July 18th, 2005, 12:29 PM
A few times a week for me, it depends on what I'm doing.

Beaglemom
July 18th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I'm addicted, I admit it! I usually check in first thing in the morning when I get into work then throughout the day and then again before I leave for the day. I like the "new posts", this way I can just look at the new stuff. Lately I haven't logged on most weekends mainly because we currently don't have AC and it gets extremely hot in our home office when the computer is running. But, once it cools down, I will be back on during the weekends!

Copper'sMom
July 18th, 2005, 03:05 PM
When I'm at work, I'm always on! I can't help it!!! Most of the time I have nothing better to do............well I do, but I'd rather be here! My fiance gets so mad sometimes!! But he doesn't understand what I do in here all day!! it just happens everytime he comes in the office, I'm on this site! Oh well! When I have time or if i have a working computer at home, i try to come on in the evening, just to see what's going on!

I work in a building full of male mechanics! I need other people to talk to during the day!!!

nymph
July 18th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I am always here. I admit it. I am a pets.ca-kaholic. :p

Copper'sMom
July 18th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am always here. I admit it. I am a pets.ca-kaholic. :p

I couldn't admit that! I'm still in denial!! LOL

dmc123
July 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I couldn't find an "other" category, so here it how I "keep up". Every weekday I come in and check "new posts". I pay particular attention to the photos, those are my favs. But I do scroll through every page and read and post where I feel I need to.

I ban myself on weekends from the computer, except to check email and an occasionaly google search, as I spend too much time on this thing. So, Mondays, like today, I usually have 6-8 pages to go through.

Love it, love it, love it.

Diane

dmc123
July 18th, 2005, 06:26 PM
oh no! Now, after I have gone through them all, and read and posted, when I reboot, these 6 pages still show! I will never keep up. I hope it is my charter.net that is messing with me.

Diane

Karin
July 18th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I go long hours in between logins due to work and daily life chores so when I do login it is to relax and collect....muddle through all the post. I know it ,shows. If I have time to spend I stick around, If I am off the next day and have more time to spend I stay up late...right here..muddling.

I do not always post but always read when I visit. Sometimes I am just to tired to post. I still have a itty bitty issue with sitting too long too.

Prin
July 18th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I'm glad I don't have to deal with my addiction alone. :D

I use the who's online too- but sometimes someone else is doing it too, and I feel like I'm caught looking through binoculars at another person looking at me through binoculars... :eek:

kandy
July 19th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I voted that I'm here all the time - but I'm not addicted - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL

During the week, I am normally logged on all day and just have the site minimized on my screen so that I can check it whenever I want. If something really interesting is going on, I'll log on when I get home but if not then I don't spend much time on the computer once I leave work. During the summer I don't spend much time on the computer on the weekends either as we go to the lake most of the time.

I've looked at the new threads section, but sometimes I miss good threads that way. I usually go through the sections that interest me and pick and choose what to read by the title.

BeagleMum
July 19th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Ya, I know it, I'm obsessed. Well at least other people think that I am.

glasslass
July 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM
I'm not on anywhere near as often as I'd like, mainly because we're moving. Right now, I'm having to use my mom's computer because mine has been packed up. Mom has AOL, which I refuse to install on my computer. So I just skim and try to keep abreast with what I've missed. Respond to some, mainly just read new posts. 12 pages were waiting for me when I logged on this evening. I see mention that some members were banned, but haven't figured out who. Is there a list somewhere? Hopefully, when all our living arrangements settle down, I'll be able to be on more.

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 10:23 PM
No, no list. They didn't want to mention names. There are a bunch of new mods too. :)