Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anal Gland Update, The Vet said he's Bleeding???

LovesPG
July 15th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I really dont get it ... She called and said that she wants to follow up in a week with the anal glands.. am I neurtoic for taking my cat in beacuse he rubs his bum after #2 it seems most of you consider this normal behaviour and don't worry, Sometimes I wish I had never brought it up to my vet.

Now in my phone call she said, when she looked around in his rectum she saw lots of Blood?????? and said she was able to look around as he was asleep and said she found no mass or bumps and could not figure out where the bleeding was from ??????

So she said .... keep an eye on him... even though I see no blood in his stools???? and said... come in .. we will look at his anal glands and see if they are better or if he will need surgery to remove them ...

and I am thinking ??? UMMMM... isnt the blood internally more of a concern ???
Am I loosing it here???
Even if I take him to another vet.. I dont want him to have to be probed again and again ...
I do not know what to do ...

Luba
July 15th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Can you add this to your original thread so we can keep the flow going and not create any confusion. ..then this one can be deleted :D it's just easier that way to follow!