Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wow, Things are looking good.....

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I was talking to one of my new friends online today. She has been trying to find a daycare for her 3 year old, that isn't going to cost her 650 a month. So I offered to watch her while she goes to work. Being Military, I know how tight money can get, and figured to charge her 250 a month. She said that was WAY too low, so we are working out a price now. This was such a blessing. I was supposed to be starting an at home job, but I think this new offer was an indication that the other job wasn't going to work out. Now James had just told me that he wants me to get a daycare licence, and do daycare here. He thinks it if for the best. I can only have 6 children in my home, including my own, plus I can say what ages I am looking for. I will take the 3 y/o and the other 3 will be school aged. This opportunity couldn't have came at a better time. I am so thankful for it.

Now, James and I were discussing what we will charge. I think once my friend and I set up a fee for her daughter, I will charge that price, per child, (unless there is more than one in a family, second child will have 100 extra a month). The price will be the same for all others, no matter the age or the income. It will be affordable to every family. I am thinking maybe 350-400 a month. The other daycares are charging 600-1000 a month PER child!!!!!If I take on 4 kids, at 350 monthly, I could 1400 a month, the same amount hubby earns each month.

Now questions..... anyone ever ran or worked in a daycare before???? What kind of things should I start doing to prepare my home for a daycare setting???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 04:17 PM
oh, just to clear thinngs up, the sencond child in the family, his her monthly fee will be 100 a moth and so on.

1 child- estimate 350 (total)
2 children-450(total)
3-550(total)

I noticed when reading my post over, it was confusing

BMDLuver
July 14th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I seem to remember that you have cats. Make sure that none of the children you take on are allergic to cats.

CyberKitten
July 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
You will also have to supervise very carefully to make sure the kids do not hurt the cats and vice versa! Not all kids will be as used to felines as your cutie is!

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Luckily, the one for sure child I will be watching has cats in her home. And of course, there will be certain rooms off limits, where the cats can go as a refuge if they wish. I will only be able to take 3 more kids, but thinking on staying with my 2 and 2 extras. I don't want to have things get so busy around here, where I won't be able to take a vacation ths October, to go to my father's wedding. I will have back up for the time I am gone, so that will be nice.

SarahLynn123
July 14th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Are you providing the food or do they bring there own. If you provide just make sure you know of all allergies food related aswell.

Lots of crafts and stuff to keep their little minds occupied!

My little sister is a nanny to 5 kids right now so Im trying to think how she manages. (some days barely)!!!! Make sure you scope out free outings close to home. They have been a life saver for her!

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 06:01 PM
As far as food goes. I will probably supply the meals. They would probably be here for breakfast and lunch. Which is fine. And 2 small sancks during the day.

I know of plenty of things to do during the warm months, but have yet to find anything do do around her during the winter.

I am just so thankful that this opportunity was given to us.