Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

missing dog

Dog Mom
July 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM
HI everyone, this is a long shot but worth a try, my parents dog buddy is missing. he is a border collie/chocolate lab cross. he is pretty much all a redish brown colour and has some tan markings on his face, He's old (14 yrs) and a little chubby! and he's really friendly. If anyone in the Ignace or Dryden Ont area has any information please do not hesitate to contact me! he is an important part of our family! there is a reward offered.

JDG
July 14th, 2005, 02:56 PM
i'm so sorry your parents dog is missing :(

Be sure to read and follow the below thread:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17093

There is lots of info of what to do if you pet goes missing.

Also, can you post a picture Buddy?

Dog Mom
July 14th, 2005, 03:10 PM
My parents don't have a digital camera. so i'm trying to get a scanner to get a picture on here. I'm worried because they live right on the trans canada highway! he escaped through a window during a bad thunder storm. on sunday and no one has seen him since :sad:

chico2
July 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Oh no,that's terrible...I certainly hope you find him your parents must be heartbroken :sad:

Luba
July 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
How long has he been gone and does he have a collar/microchip? Have your parents contacted all the shelters daily?

cpietra16
July 14th, 2005, 04:21 PM
There is a good area you can post for Northern Ontario,www.myzer.com. They cater the Northern Ontario region and there are many people that reply...just go into the lost and found...many cats and dogs are found. Good luck

Dog Mom
July 14th, 2005, 04:57 PM
he has no collar on, he only wears one when he is outside. :sad: he has been gone since sunday. the closest shelter is an hour away in dryden and they's been calling every 3 hrs. my mom took a picture into the closest pound/shelter. my mom is a wreck, buddy is her baby ! they have posters up around town.

coppperbelle
July 14th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I will suggest as I always do that your parents drive to the shelter to check for themselves. There is a shelter in my area that is notorious for telling people their dogs aren't there when they actually are.
I had a standard poodle when I was young that would run during a thunderstorm or after hearing gunshots. Unfortunately they get so stressed by the noise from the storm that they run blindly not paying attention to where they are. One time I remember my dog was lost for almost a week. We eventually found her. We were driving around and there she was drinking water from a ditch. She was filthy and her fur was matted but she was so glad to see us.
Maybe they could look around water areas. He will be looking for water.

lornaron
July 14th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I'm so sorry about your missing dog...I'm going through the same thing too, it's so stressful and exhausting, isn't it? My only advice? Posters, posters, posters. Have as good a picture as possible and (even though it's expensive) get the best quality coloured photo copies done - at least for some of them. Beg every donut shop/truck-stop to put up a flyer or two. I've even put flyers on windshields and inside the doors of port-a-loos! Hey, try Luba's trick with the portable BBQ and some good greasy burgers....if it's a close knit community - get a bunch of people to do BBQ's. It didn't get my Toby back, but it just felt good to be busy and it was the first decent meal we'd eaten in days! Worth a try.

Hoping and praying for doggies safe return, give your mom a hug for us and tell her lots of people are thinking about her!

Jazz&Cricket
July 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM
At 14 years old, my BC mix, Brandy managed to leave my parents home and travel 15 km. along a very busy hwy. It took 2 days to find her so please don't give up. Sometimes, the dog will stay closer to your home than you think, in a secure spot (under sheds, etc.) Good luck..I know I was a wreck when Brandy went missing

Dog Mom
July 18th, 2005, 11:31 AM
well it's been over a week and still no one has seen him :sad: my parents have been everywhere. they even went to camp 55km away just incase. thanks for all the support guys i'll keep ya informed

cpietra16
July 18th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I hope you get reunited soon. Did you try the Myzer.com web site for Northern Communities? THey have a dog on it that was found also said to be chubby. The description is a little off, but some people see and describe colour in their own way. Its' worth a try.
Good luck

cpietra16
July 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I just went into the myzer web site and it looks like the chubby dog found its owner...I guess it wasn't your dog? or was it :fingerscr

Dog Mom
July 19th, 2005, 08:26 AM
No that wasn't buddy, that was in southern Ontario I think. Thanks anyways though :) Buddy has a really rich chocolate brown long-ish coat, with tan markings on his face.