Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's my music personality?

Schwinn
July 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM
So this morning I was at the gym, and I was thinking about the music I listen to while working out. Usually, it's music that if I have a lay-off from the gym, sits and collects dust, because I wouldn't even think of listening to it any other time. I was going to ask what others listen to at the gym, but then it got me thinking about my music collection and my wife's, which are VERY different. Then it got me thinking about the concert I went to a few weeks ago, and people who said, "You went and saw WHO??". Then it got me thinking about seeing people in a crowd and, maybe it's the sociologist in me, or the writer in me, the ways I try to visualize what thier personality is, just for fun. That got me thinking about buffets, which led to thinking about cheese cubes, but I digress.

Anyway, I thought of a fun game to try. Basically, how well do we think we know each other? If someone said to you, "Hey, there's Schwinn in that record store (or music store for those under 25)!", would you know what section to look for me in? Of course, as we get older, our tastes become more eclectic, but most of us have a general music we listen to on a regular basis. Just for fun, pretend you're being sent to a remote island with a CD player, and you're told that you can pick one mix CD from a pile, marked only with the type of music. Now, lets see if we can figure out what that one would be.

Here's the rules:
This is completely voluntary. In other words, don't randomly pick someone and say, "I think so-and-so would be..." If you want people to guess you, say so. If you want to guess, but you don't want to have people guess you, mention that as well.

Also, it's only for fun, and most people don't fit into one type. However, if you really don't think you can play because you can't fit, then don't mention it. This is a fun game, and I really want to avoid any threadjacking. Which leads me to--please, no threadjacking. If this is going to work, we need to stay on topic (though commenting on what the answer is, of course, is fine)

You may ask questions about certain things you think is relavent, for example, sometimes you may think of appearances. Music is often tied to style, and that often goes to how one chooses to dress or look. No questions involving things such as ethnicity, or anything of that sort (want to avoid offending). If you don't feel comfortable giving an answer, or if you don't think it is relevant, then say it is irrelavant. Don't feel obligated to defend yourself. For example, if someone asks what kind of car you drive, as some think that may go towards style, and if you drive a certain car only because it is a company car and you have no choice, that may be irrelavant. Or maybe you have personal reasons why you don't drive a car, again, just say "Irelavent". It's none of our business, so you don't need to explain. Keep in mind, though, if you just don't think it indicates anything, it may to someone else. That is part of the fun.

Also, let's say that we need at least five guesses before we reveal the answer. You can wait for more if it goes well, but let's set a minimum to keep it interesting.

Again, this is for fun, and I don't know if it will work, or if I'm talking to an empty room here, but I thought I'd try it. If you don't want to participate, than please just don't answer. I think we've had enough scrapping of late, that I'm hoping this will bring a little fun back!

Enjoy!

(Oh, and what do you think I listen to?)

LavenderRott
July 14th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Well, since I don't know what you look like - the chances of me seeing you in a music store are well, pretty slim. :D

Ok. I know you ride a Schwinn bycicle, drive a truck, want to be a cop, and think about what kind of cheese people you never met eat.......

I'm guessing you went to a Polka concert. :cool:

Dogastrophe
July 14th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Hmmm .... hanging out at the record store, eh. I would suspect that your workout music is in the metal catagory (some Maiden, Crue, Sabbath, etc) -- this is the only time my collection gets dusted off.

Otherwise, you have some 'coffeehouse' music going in the background (Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, David Mayer, etc).

Am I close?

happycats
July 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
This looks like a good thread! So I want to play too!! :D :p

Schwinn, I take you for a "Jazz" man :cool:

CyberKitten
July 14th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hmmm... interesting thread. I see you Schwinn as "Eye of the Tiger" kinda guy in the gym. Fast paced music and dogged in your pursuit of a goal so Rocky comes to mind. (See, you are an inspiration!!) Defibitely NOT a mellow 70's guy!! I see your iPod containing 80's rock and some country.

I am rob so far off, lol

Prin
July 14th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'd say classic rock. If you were in Montreal, you'd listen to CHOM 97.7. And secretly, you like Avril Lavigne. And VERY VERY VERY secretly, you really adore Celine Dion. But you would never ever admit it. :D

Copper'sMom
July 14th, 2005, 02:25 PM
My guess would be that you like BARE NAKED LADIES!! You can take it whatever way you want!! LOL :crazy:

Beaglemom
July 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
This sounds like fun!

Schwinn, I don't know you very well, but from what I know, you sound like a hard rock/metal kind of guy!

pags
July 14th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Woo I love games!!

Okay I have a couple questions!
First. Schwinn -- do you wear socks?
Second. Schwinn -- do you have a favorite sport? Explain.

Thanks! :D

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I take Schwinn as a classic to modern rock fellow.

You guys can feel free to guess on me as well. I have 3 kinds of music I listen to. Have fun figuring them out...... :p

Prin
July 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM
And? How many people have to guess before we get a clue?

Schwinn
July 14th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Woo I love games!!

Okay I have a couple questions!
First. Schwinn -- do you wear socks?
Second. Schwinn -- do you have a favorite sport? Explain.

Thanks! :D

First--not with my sandals
Second, I'd have to say either cycling, or rally racing. If you want to get specific, Mountain Biking would probably fit, since I'm not yet racing. I would have gone with hockey, but I haven't found a team to play with for a few years now...

Oh, I was also going to say that if people are still guessing, you can take it beyond the five questions.

Schwinn
July 14th, 2005, 05:59 PM
And? How many people have to guess before we get a clue?

Not sure if you're asking me or Lilith for a clue, but you ask the question if you want the clue.

I'm thinking with Lilith, classic rock (by classic I'm thinking early '90's and earlier. Is that classic?)

pags
July 14th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Alright my guess for Schwinn then: Classic Alternative

Lillith.. I just don't know enough to guess! What color is your hair? :)

happycats
July 14th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I would love a clue Schwinn, and I think Lillith is a Guns and Roses fan!! :crazy:

Schwinn
July 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I would love a clue Schwinn, and I think Lillith is a Guns and Roses fan!! :crazy:

What sort of clue do you think would help? I have short hair, a la Lance Armstrong. Any other info?

happycats
July 14th, 2005, 06:27 PM
:rolleyes: hmmmm... short hair, ride bike, red truck, love animals, cop in progress, and you are close to my age...hmm......"hard rock"? (Van Halen, Red hot chilli peppers). OR... oh no I can see it now... you LOVE Gordie from the Tradgically Hip!!! :crazy: Don't you?

pags
July 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
OMG am I old? Back in my day the chili peppers were alternative. I need to get my music definitions together before I place any kibble bets on my guesses! :D

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Pags, my origional hair color is brown, but I dye it black most times.

2 of my favority genre's of music are easier to guess, but the 3rd one may be rather tricky, and to tell you the truth, I love that genre the best!!!! LOL.

If anyone can guess it, I will be amazed!!!

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Not sure if you're asking me or Lilith for a clue, but you ask the question if you want the clue.

I'm thinking with Lilith, classic rock (by classic I'm thinking early '90's and earlier. Is that classic?)

Like Deep Purple and Buffalo Springfueld classic??????

happycats
July 14th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Oh great, fine time for you to go offline Schwinn!! the suspense is going to kill me!! :crazy:

Prin
July 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Ok, are we looking for a genre or a band?

If it's genres, I am guessing for Lilith: Rock, soft rock and PUNK!! :)

And Pags, Red Hot Chili Peppers are considered alternative in my day to and that wasn't too long ago... :D

I agree with whoever said Tragically hip for Schwinn. I hate them but he looks like the type and he's the right age.

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 07:27 PM
ok, two of my genre's have been guessed. Not going to say which ones, and by who.

Still waiting for you all to guess the hard one now...... :D :p

Prin
July 14th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Aww. It's not punk? :(
How about Bluegrass?

glasslass
July 14th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Ahh Schwinn, guessing is too easy. I don't know what music you prefer, but the section we'll find you in for the next few years will be the children's section, whatever that's called. While not music, the name I'll suggest that seems to fit you is "Looney Toones!" :D

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Aww. It's not punk? :(
How about Bluegrass?

NOPE!!!!!! Keep guessing!!!!!! :D

pags
July 14th, 2005, 07:54 PM
And Pags, Red Hot Chili Peppers are considered alternative in my day to and that wasn't too long ago...

Whew!! That makes me feel a lot better, Prin. :D

Okay Lilith - uh.. celtic new agey stuff! uh.. and techno... and uh.. modern rock (is that what they call it now? young whipper-snappers?)

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Still haven't got that last one yet. I know when I tell you that I listen to it almost everyday, you will all be very shocked. Everyone else has been...... :rolleyes:

glasslass
July 14th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm guessing you're being a great mom and are exposing your daughter to Classical Music, and in so doing, have been really enjoying it yourself! :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
July 14th, 2005, 08:43 PM
You guys figured me out. I love classical music. It is my favorite!!! Also love rock, and classical rock. I listen to some 90's alternative every once and a while too. But classical has always been my fave...... :D

Party for Glasslass, she guessed the tricky one!!!! :party:

nymph
July 14th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Schwinn: what kind of food do you enjoy the most? Are you a wine drinker or beer drinker? Would you rather watch hockey or curling? (don't laugh it was based on a true story!)

I think you are an opera guy.

Schwinn
July 15th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Pizza is my favourite. General when we go out though, I have either a burger or a steak. As for wine or beer, I actually don't drink, but in university beer was my best friend. At least, I've been told. I don't remember much... ;)

And Glasslass, I actually have a few Looney Tunes albums from the past few years, and yes, Gracie is only 3 weeks old, so you do the math. :D

As far as genre or band, whatever you want to guess. I think the lines are blurred right now in some ways, so it might be easier to name a few bands to show the type of music.

I was going to reveal mine, but it seems as though some are still guessing. Anyone else up for having thier styles guessed?

pags
July 15th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Pick me pick me!! Since I'm so lousy at actually guessing -- maybe you guys would do a bit better trying to figure me out, hmm? I'm a diverse listener but taking Schwinn's deserted island scenario into account there's one type I'd have on that mix CD. See what you can do! :evil:

nymph
July 15th, 2005, 12:16 PM
opera man was a joke, I hate to say this schwinn, but you definitely seem to fit into the classic rock, perhaps a little bit heavy metal type.

pags: somehow I picture you as a young hippie, so my guess is that you like celtic/new age stuff, Enya, Secret Garden, Yanni, Chieftains...

kandy
July 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I'll guess! :crazy:

Schwinn: I think that you are into new top 40: Three Doors Down, Matchbox 20, Nickleback, maybe some Outkast in there too?

Pags: I would say older punk: Flock of Seagalls, early Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, etc.

Feel free to guess for me too - although I do like lots of different kinds of music, if I was forced to pick one genre I could.

Luvmypit
July 15th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Ok schwinn tell us if someone at least guessed it?

I say in the gym you like hip hop music. Maybe even hardcore.

Or you like dance. The older ones. Maybe even house.

I am thinking its something that no one would assume you listened too.

Pags I would say you liked classic 80's music

Anyone can guess me too. Some say one of my choices they never see coming. I have three pretty different genres. One I always litened to when I grew up and still enjoy. Another I have aquired over the years.

pags
July 15th, 2005, 04:24 PM
nymph, kandy, luvmy -- all your guesses are definitely somewhere in my collection.. but not what I'd have on my desert island mix cd. :)

Schwinn's holding out on us...

kandy - luvmy -- I've gotta think more before I can guess for you two. :p haven't gotten the music vibe yet....

Luvmypit
July 15th, 2005, 04:52 PM
ok my weird kind of music i like starts with an S and ends with an A.

hee hee

pags
July 15th, 2005, 04:54 PM
ok my weird kind of music i like starts with an S and ends with an A.

hee hee

S - K - A!

babyrocky1
July 15th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Luvmypit, is the "weird one" Salsa. Id have to do math to guess whcih ones you were listeneing to growing up so just one guess for now ;)

Schwinn
July 15th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Mmmmm...Salsa...

Anyway, yes, with all the guesses, someone has pretty much guessed it. But I'm surprised at some of the guesses. Anyone else want to guess, or should I go ahead and tell?

By the way, I'm glad everyone is enjoying this. I wasn't sure how it would go over.

Luvmypit
July 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Tell us Schwinn. I am dying to know.

As for me I knew people would think Salsa but its actually SOCA. I love it. BAsically its a faster paced calypso. Trust me when I am playing it in my car and someone pulls up beside me I often get a weird look. I grew up loving beastie boys, Kriss Kross and hip hop. You wouldn't know to see me. I always enjoyed the Hip , REm and alternative music too.

I used to wear baggy pants and golf shirts. I was a total tomboy. Now you can't get me to wear baggy jeans.

Schwinn
July 18th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Okay, the closest one was Copper's Mom. I'd say I'm Pop/Alternative. Some of my favourite bands are Bare Naked Ladies, No Doubt, Smashmouth. I like stuff that has an "upbeat", but isn't too sappy.

Being that I started driving in '87 (ergo, started cruising and listening to music), I do like retro, but it isn't my favourite music anymore (thought there are certain new wave songs that I still love). I also really love swing music, and I'm into some "different" types as well, such as Chemical Brothers, Protis Head, Moby, etc. I used to be HUGE into dance music (hey, I can get jiggy!), and was even a rapper at one time (not that I would reveal it, but I used to have my own rapping name!). But, since I haven't been to a club for about 5 years, I've kind of moved away from that.

I was surprised how many people guessed classic rock. That being said, the concert I went to that my family was shocked? Judas Priest. I still like the old hard stuff. When I was a little kid, we used to listen to my buddy's brother's records.

And lastly, the music I hate, the stuff that my wife loves? Country. Can't stand it. Before her mat leave, she was driving the truck to work every day, and I went through 3 sets of speakers in a year (I think the latest set might be gone, two). It was wierd, she doesn't like her music loud. I emptied the CD stacker, and it was all country CDs. Then it made sense. My speakers were committing suicide!

Oh, and yes, in the gym, I listen to some pretty hard stuff. Right now, it's the best of Judas Priest, and thier new album. Stuff I wouldn't be caught dead listening to outside of the gym!

Copper'sMom
July 18th, 2005, 12:35 PM
WhoooHoooo!!! I just had a feeling that you would like Bare Naked Ladies!! I say this because of your personality you portray on this forum. You are one heck of humorous guy, you love life and you seem like a go getter! You remind me of certain members of the band and how they act - very upbeat and down to earth!!

Ok what's my prize???? :D LOL

Oh ya, I saw the Bare Naked Ladies in concert! It was awesome!! :thumbs up

pags
July 18th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Wow I'm horrible at this!! But it's still really interesting!!
Somebody guess kandy so we can find out what she's into -- I have NO idea. :p

As for me: nymph took me for a hippie.. and I admit own a couple Enya CDs but only as a result of somebody leaving 'em at my house. :p I'll listen on a rainy day but I'm much too cynical for the stuff most of the time. :D

kandy guessed older punk -- which would definitely be a huge part of my old collection -- uh but not flock of seagulls or early madonna.. were those guys punk at some point? :p I'm talking Public Image Limited, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys.. Stuff like that. Still not my mix CD of choice... Uh.. I'm too cynical for Enya -- but not cynical enough for this anymore.

luvmy - you came pretty close because I had to choose against classic 80's... I keep the radio on classic 80's stations most of the time.. mostly cause my kids are always with me and I don't wanna have to explain the stuff I would normally listen to to them at this point.... :D

My mix CD would contain the Beastie Boys -- I'm a Beastie Girl. Some old Public Enemy - Xclan - A Tribe Called Quest.. Maybe some De La Soul. And a dish of Black Eyed Peas. To throw in some roots I'd have to actually include some Parliament-Funkadelic and such. :D

Oh - and I'm with Schwinn! The only kind of music I don't like is country. Try saying that outloud in public in Mississippi.

Schwinn
July 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I think the only one left to guess is Kandy. Was there anyone else who we were guessing for that we haven't done yet?

Kandy--what do you drive? What is your alcoholic beverage of choice? Beer, wine, coolers?

lilith_rizel
July 19th, 2005, 11:04 PM
And lastly, the music I hate, the stuff that my wife loves? Country. Can't stand it.

You and me both!!! Luckily hubby likes the same music I do, and hates country as well. He is more into metal though. But that's alright. It's good stuff sometimes.... :D

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 02:15 AM
You can guess me too. The band of my one cd if I was on a desert island, and there happened to be one outlet with a cd player plugged in... :D I'll be easy to guess, but not by my food habits... :)

Kandy- I'm guessing Sara McGlaughlin (sp?)...

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Kandy--what do you drive? What is your alcoholic beverage of choice? Beer, wine, coolers?

I drive an older Dodge Intrepid and my alchoholic beverage of choice is Corona w/lime. :)

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Kandy- I'm guessing Sara McGlaughlin (sp?)...

Nope, sorry.

For you Prin, I would have to guess Disco! Hee.hee! Just kidding, my real guess is new pop: Pink, Avril Lavine, etc.

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Not really. I mean sometimes I'll listen to Avril, but she's by far not on my desert island...

For you... Disco? No just kidding. I'd say Coldplay?

Schwinn
July 20th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Not really. I mean sometimes I'll listen to Avril, but she's by far not on my desert island...

Can we put her on someone's desert island? :D

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
LOL can all the "tweens" go too?

C'mon Schwinn, you're not guessing. What band's cd do I have on my nekkid body after the plane crash? I love how in my head, I am REALLY without, but I still have my cd. Ah, my trusty cd. :)

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Although I know who Coldplay is, and know some of their songs - they would not be on my CD.

For Prin: If I had to guess one band, I would say Matchbox 20.

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM
LOL NEVER! Not Matchbox 20! LOL

I drive an older Dodge Intrepid and my alchoholic beverage of choice is Corona w/lime.
AHA! Some Bob Marley for the lady who's chillin' out?

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 07:07 PM
LOL NEVER! Not Matchbox 20! LOL

AHA! Some Bob Marley for the lady who's chillin' out?

Although I have danced to ragae (sp?), it definitely would not be on my cd. :D

OK - I'll guess one more time for you Prin: What about the Gin Blossoms??

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Who are Gin Blossoms? Never heard them.

I'll give you a hint. I like guys from England. :D

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
The Gin Blossoms are kindof a bluegrass kinda band (I think).

Okay, if you like guys from England I'll go with U2!!

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
U2 is Irish... And I don't like them at all.

happycats
July 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Phill Colins?? Prin or maybe the ROLLING STONES!!

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM
U2 is Irish... And I don't like them at all.

Ooops! Tells you how much I know about U2! LMHO

OK, I'll go for the traditional then: The Beatles! You can't tell me they aren't from England! :crazy:

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I'm younger than that!! A more recent band than that. Much more recent...

kandy
July 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I'm younger than that!! A more recent band than that. Much more recent...

Sorry, Sorry **smoothing ruffled feathers** ROFL. Okay, how about Queen?

Prin
July 20th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Queen is recent? :D Really recent, then. The lead singer is alive and he's pretty good looking...

Schwinn
July 21st, 2005, 10:34 AM
Queen is recent? :D Really recent, then. The lead singer is alive and he's pretty good looking...

Thanks, but I'm not from England... ;)

Okay, Kandy, I'm going to go out and say it's Rock, possibly Classic Rock.

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Well Schwinn - you are right. My favorite band is KISS and that is definitely what my cd would be if I had to choose just one. And I would be perfectly happy to listen to your Judas Priest CD. :) One of my fav's from them is "Breakin the Law" - used to play that one full blast while we were cutting classes in high school. What can I say, I was (am) a Wild Child! My friends always thought I was weird because I would carry my portable tape player while I rode my horse - the tape? AC/DC! I guess they all thought I should be listening to Hank Williams! :crazy:

Okay, now everyone needs to concentrate on Prin! I'm drawing a blank! :rolleyes:

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM
FOr Prin , I have narrowed it down to, "the darkness" "oasis" :)

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM
LOL no. I'll give you the ultimate hints. They are mentioned already in this thread. They are from England. They are currently on tour. They have a newish cd out (but I would take their first one with me to the island- the one that came out about 5 years ago). The lead singer is not Schwinn, but he's pretty good-looking and he's recently off the market because he had a piece of fruit. :evil: :)

Schwinn
July 21st, 2005, 04:15 PM
but he's pretty good-looking and he's recently off the market because he had a piece of fruit. :evil: :)

Me, or the singer?

I almost know this one. It's the dude married to Gwennyth Paltrow, the daughter is Apple, and the guy is Chris something from wathcyamacallit, right?

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Ok - although the thing about the fruit doesn't make any sense to me - how about Smashmouth? :p

Luvmypit
July 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Coldplay???

Chris Martin I think .. i dont know Im pulling thatone from my.... arse

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM
LOL Schwinn got it. It's Chris Martin, who married Gwyneth who had a baby, Apple. He's the lead singer of Coldplay... LOL I threw you off Kandy, by asking you if they were your band... :evil: :D The first album, Parachutes, is the best album ever. Seriously. I have never met a person who didn't like it. So if you have a chance listen to it. :)

Luvmypit, you guessed it too, but I was posting at the same time. RIGHT at the buzzer! :D

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 04:34 PM
LOL I threw you off Kandy, by asking you if they were your band... :evil:

Yes, yes you did - you do know what they say about paybacks right? J/K! I'm glad someone got the hint! ***ducking head as it whizzes right over***

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 04:36 PM
I can't believe you expected us to guess Kiss... :evil: :D

kandy
July 21st, 2005, 04:42 PM
I can't believe you expected us to guess Kiss... :evil: :D

Actually, I'd have given it to anyone who guessed KISS, Def Leppard, Scorpions, T-Rex, Black Sabbath or even just Ozzie, April Wine, AC/DC.....the list goes on. I settled for "Rock/Classic Rock" since my stuff isn't even considered hard rock anymore - now it's classic! Boohoo! :cool: My age is showing - especially if I consider Queen a recent English band - right??

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 04:51 PM
LOL Yes, the "recent" part dated you a bit. I'm just picturing you cookin' dinner with Hazel trotting around with KISS blasting in the background... :D

Schwinn
July 21st, 2005, 10:44 PM
Well Schwinn - you are right.

LOL Schwinn got it.

Oh yea, I da man! Mini-wave in celebration of me!

Who's next?

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 10:47 PM
I would say me, but I kind of like evrything :o

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Yes but happycats, you have to pick one cd that you would like to have with you on a desert island..

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 10:54 PM
OK, I picked one (it was hard) :cool:

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 10:57 PM
LOL So you have to tell us what kind of car you drive, what your favorite food is, and ummm... I think that's it for now.

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:02 PM
A volkswagen GTI, I love Sushi, and blender drinks ( Pina coladas, banana daiquris (sp) ) Or coolers.

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 11:14 PM
Ani Defranko?

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:18 PM
Ani Defranko?

ROTFLMAO!!!! :eek: nope

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 11:28 PM
Why are you laughing? Was that wayyyy off?

If it was wayyyy off, then how about.... Tom Jones?

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:30 PM
Why are you laughing? Was that wayyyy off?

If it was wayyyy off, then how about.... Tom Jones?

Yeah you are way off!! what kind of music does Tom Jones sing??

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:41 PM
hmmm still trying to picture Ani defranco blasting out of the GTI sterio ;)

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 11:41 PM
Tom Jones: What's new pussycat? Wo ooo wo ooo woa! What's new pussycat!

LOL That was a joke.

I would say you're into alternative.

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:43 PM
Should I tell?? or keep guessing?

I tried to search Ani Defranco on the net, and naked people kept popping up :eek:

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 11:44 PM
LOL Ani Defranco, not ani deporno, make sure you spell it right.

No don't tell!! I have to guess. Is the genre altenative?

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:47 PM
LOL Ani Defranco, not ani deporno, make sure you spell it right. LMAO!!

No don't tell!! I have to guess. Is the genre altenative?

Nope.

Prin
July 21st, 2005, 11:51 PM
Hmm... Are they recent?

happycats
July 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hmm... Are they recent?
No........to be continued..........I'm off to bed now, Good night :p

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 12:01 AM
Good night. ;) Led Zepplin!!

Schwinn
July 22nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hmmm...Golf GTI and blender drinks. I'm narrowing it down between classic rock and pop/alternative...what is your hair cut like? (short, medium, long? Do you tease it, wear it up?)

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
FINALY....my hubby got of the PC so here I am. (I must buy my own someday) I wear my hair Med length, straight and down........Tell me when you give !! :D

Copper'sMom
July 22nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
happy, the genre you like, is it from the late 70's or early 80's??

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Ok here's a hint, the music is from the 90's but the CD i would take with me to the island is from the 00's .

kandy
July 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Happycats: I'll guess that the genre is Rap and your CD would be Eminem.

Schwinn: Yea, you are da man - and I did the mini wave for you (co workers thought I had finally lost it, but oh well - or maybe they thought something crawled into my pants. Hard to tell from the disgusted looks) :crazy:

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Happycats: I'll guess that the genre is Rap and your CD would be Eminem.

No..............but my son loves his new song :eek: (my son loves much music)

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Well, Smashing Pumpkins broke up earlier than your CD came out right? Oooh unless it's Rotten Apples... That one came out later... Mayyybe...

Hole?

Lenny Kravitz?
oooh Green Day!!

Those are my guesses. :)

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
THe CD I would take with me is actually a greatist hits, of this band.

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
U2? Or Smashing Pumpkins?

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Oooooh !! Shania Twain!! :evil: :D

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
Oooooh !! Shania Twain!! :evil: :D

Don't laugh okay?! you said I can only take one. and it was a very hard choice (my hubby got it though) ........here goes.............

Guns n Roses, greatest hits!! :love: :p

kandy
July 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Happycats: How old is your son??

I think Guns & Roses was the first tape I ever owned that had lots of curse words in the songs. My son kept trying to steal it when he was young because he and his buddies thought it was so funny that they cussed. The very first song I remember having a cuss word was The Who: Who are You? Now most of the songs on the radio have a bleep or a blank spot where they've tried to cut it out.

happycats
July 22nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Happycats: How old is your son??

My son is only 4, but LOVES much music, and actually sings emiems new song, I am not amused at all, but his older cousins think it's halirous!
He starts junior kindergarten in September, and I hope he has moved on to a more acceptable song by then! :fingerscr

Prin
July 22nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
GNR? I wouldn't have guessed that at all- I didn't know they had anything out past 1995ish... :D I just remember a friend of mine who was obsessed with them. Axle had to read the lyrics at concerts because he was so drugged up. :rolleyes:

happycats
July 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
GNR? I wouldn't have guessed that at all- I didn't know they had anything out past 1995ish... :D I just remember a friend of mine who was obsessed with them. Axle had to read the lyrics at concerts because he was so drugged up. :rolleyes:

I think axle is an idiot, ,but I love the music!! THe band has got back together, except for axle that is :rolleyes: THey are now called Velvet revolver, and have some good songs!

Prin
July 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
The lead singer of Velvet Revolver is Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots, no? That's why they're good too...

happycats
July 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
The lead singer of Velvet Revolver is Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots, no? That's why they're good too...
Yes, and Slash is an amazing guitarist!! Slash has done work for many bands, he even did a song with Michael Jackson.

kandy
July 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
My son is only 4, but LOVES much music, and actually sings emiems new song, I am not amused at all, but his older cousins think it's halirous!
He starts junior kindergarten in September, and I hope he has moved on to a more acceptable song by then! :fingerscr

You must've read my mind as far as why I was asking! Kids are so good for repeating things that they hear and I would be really worried if my 4 year old was quoting Eminem. The words/tone in some of his songs make me blush and I'm well past my impressionable years. :D I will cross my fingers for you too! :)

Is there anyone else that we haven't guessed for yet??

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Oooh Let's do LavenderRott- she seems to be the first one to jump in, but maybe too shy to directly ask us to guess? LavenderRott? :evil: :D

Schwinn
July 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
You must've read my mind as far as why I was asking! Kids are so good for repeating things that they hear and I would be really worried if my 4 year old was quoting Eminem. The words/tone in some of his songs make me blush and I'm well past my impressionable years. :D I will cross my fingers for you too! :)

I agree, but I also find it ironic that a lot of his lyrics sounds as if he were four.

Prin
July 25th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I thought only 2 year olds had temper tantrums...

LavenderRott
July 26th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Oooh Let's do LavenderRott- she seems to be the first one to jump in, but maybe too shy to directly ask us to guess? LavenderRott? :evil: :D

Sorry, been kind of busy with computer issues and boxers. Will explain about the boxers later. (And no, I don't mean boxer shorts!)

Hmmmm, clues.

I graduated from high school more then 20 years ago. :eek:
I drive a Chevy Astro Van. (That would be all wheel drive for those of you that are curious.)
I have been known to open a Jack Daniels Cooler, but I rarely finish them.
I don't work out.

Let's see where you all can go with that!

BMDLuver
July 26th, 2005, 08:13 AM
lol, I definitely can't guess on anyone as I am so not up to date on music. Some of the guesses I've had no clue who you are talking about. :eek:

Jack Daniels huh...

happycats
July 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sorry, been kind of busy with computer issues and boxers. Will explain about the boxers later. (And no, I don't mean boxer shorts!)

Hmmmm, clues.

I graduated from high school more then 20 years ago. :eek:
I drive a Chevy Astro Van. (That would be all wheel drive for those of you that are curious.)
I have been known to open a Jack Daniels Cooler, but I rarely finish them.
I don't work out.

Let's see where you all can go with that!
My guess is , you are a big Prince fan!! ;)

Schwinn
July 26th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking some Bowie, a little Queen...late '70's classic stuff...possibly some J Giles, definitly some Steve Miller.

Am I close?

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I think I actually figured it out based on your clues, but I'll keep it to meself. :D

LavenderRott
July 26th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Scwhinn, you shouldn't even be allowed to play!

While most of my music library is 70's rock, there is also some newer stuff - I LOVE U2, Sting, Theory of a Dead Man, POD, Creed, etc.

My secret love: country music. I went and saw Clint Black a couple of weeks ago in concert and my DH bought me tickets to see Randy Travis in September.

Prin
July 26th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Aw. I guessed bluegrass... :rolleyes:

Schwinn
July 27th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Yay for me!

Next!! :D

kandy
July 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Schwinn: I think you missed your calling. You could earn big bucks being a fortune teller - or one of those guys who say they can talk to the dead....."Hmmm...I'm seeing the color blue......does that mean anything?" hehehe! :D

Prin
July 27th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Well, did we guess Dogastrophe or BMDlover? :)