Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pure inspiration stories

marko
July 14th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Just putting this out there to the members -

What about a forum or subforum called pure inspiration - or happy posts only or something along that theme.

Occasionally, when the Admins are not 'Adminning' we read and get inspired by many of your stories. I have seen MANY of these threads throughout the years and they have delighted me. I have not kept track of them though. :sorry:

JDG's thread on Homeless people and their dogs is exactly what I'm talking about. Look at post # 9 and Post #28
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=154436

Comments?
and if other members are familiar with posts that have inspired them along these lines can you bookmark them in case we need them

Thanks everyone!

BMDLuver
July 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
That's a great idea. It definitely helps to lift one's spirits!

JDG
July 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Marko, very cool idea - I'm glad my thread gave you some inspiration!

It would be nice to have a place for permentant pick-me-ups!

It might also be a nice feature for the front page of the site, a 'happy tails' if you will. . . .

Beaglemom
July 14th, 2005, 09:03 AM
I think that would be an awesome idea! It would be great to have a place to go and read some inspiring stories that would brighten ones day!

Kariia
July 14th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that's great! :thumbs up

But we still have to get rid of the "idiot runs over cat with steamroller and sells its fur"-type stories in the News forum...

Luba
July 14th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Can't get enough wonderful news now can ya.. I'm all for it Marko!! :D

LavenderRott
July 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I think it is a great idea!

pags
July 14th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea. It would be great to have a place we know we could go when we are in need of inspiration!

Prin
July 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I noticed the thread "Who inspires you?" That came up at exactly the right moment in such a hard week. Not only is is delightful reading, it also makes you think of your own experiences.

I'd go in that forum. :)

Shamrock
July 14th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea! :thumbs up
A forum such as this would be great any time, but especially for those days when sadness and strife seem to be everywhere we turn.

See the great pet pictures, read the inspirational stories - just what the doctor ordered! :) Feel better...

marko
July 16th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Pure inspiration forum (unsure about the exact title yet) will go up next week.

thx

marko

Karin
July 16th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Wow, a place to escape. I never had a chance to reply to any of the polls or threads that brought on this threat of "kindness"...for lack of better words, please excuse me for that. I have had very little time to visit lately, but I was about to leave because of the rudeness.

I am not into pm'ing much either...

Thank you Marko.

marko
July 18th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Pure inspiration forum is live in the newspaper stories of interest forum.

dmc123
July 18th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I love to read the happy stories, few and far between, maybe we can all find more if we look.

Diane

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I thought I would share these stories of these dogs on the sunshine coast. It brought a little tear to my eye. :rolleyes:

http://www.spca.bc.ca/SunshineCoast/SamsStories.htm

marko
August 17th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Please note that anybody can post these types of stories directly into the pure inspiration sub-forum.

I will now place "Sam's stories" there.

Thx

Marko