Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

URGENT! Puppymill dog needs refuge!!

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 06:28 PM
This beautiful girl was found, filthy, frightened and dehydrated, wandering the road.

Her collar had a tag, and the owner was called. She said she did own the dog, but took her back to the St-Lazare miller who bred her (and who is notorious in this area), and he in turn apparently dropped her off on the road to fend for herself. The former owner wanted no part of this dog.

She is 2 1/2 years old, about 50 lbs, very sweet, quiet and gentle. She rides very nicely in the car and walks well on leash. She gets along well with other dogs too!

Her problem is that she has nowhere to go, and urgently needs a foster/adopter. She needs a quiet home without small kids.

She has already been vet checked and treated for fleas and worms. It's not known if she is spayed, but if not, that will be included in her adoption fee.

Can someone help this gorgeous girl, who has not EVER known a loving or caring home??

If you can help, please call Debbie at (450) 424-0455

Kariia
July 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
:sad: People like this make me sad.

I wish I could help her...she's beautiful. She's a Golden, right?

:(

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
No, she's not a Golden, although she could be mixed with one. She's quite leggy and rather thin at the moment!

Luba
July 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
The poor darlin the poor poor girl...look at her what they've done to her!!

:( I see a flash of a collie smile there somewhere and I couldn't care what she is/isn't mixed with she is saved and alive and thats what matters.

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Here's another pic of her. She tolerated being coaxed into Debbie's car, taken to the vet, given shots, deworming and check up quite well, although she never wagged her tail. She has absolutely NO aggression, just (understandably) fear and timidity which she will overcome in a loving and secure home. She was just beginning to trust Debbie and was very upset when left at the boarding kennel.:(

Yes, Luba - could be collie there too!

Luba
July 13th, 2005, 08:05 PM
She does need a home, a home with love.

How did Debbie get her?

Luba
July 13th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I forgot to ask, does this sweet angel have a name LR? :angel:

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Debbie was leaving home in her car and saw the dog stumbling up the road, obviously dumped. She never passes by an animal in need!:)

Debbie's daughter named this girl "Chrissy"!

CyberKitten
July 13th, 2005, 09:30 PM
This is such a sad story Lucky!! The dog is lucky in one way - that Debbie happened to see her and come into her life! Poor baby in everything else tho - she deserves a forever family and so much more!!!

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 09:55 PM
It's horrible, but we'll make sure this girl has a wonderful and loving home for life!

Helping the creatures who are abandoned and hopeless is what Lucky Rescue is all about!

Luba
July 13th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thank you Debbie, I would have done the same and Chrissy is a beautiful name for her...she looks like a Chrissy!

Lovely owner and well worse then the mill!!!

Toonces
July 14th, 2005, 03:42 AM
She has such a sweet face, poor little dolly I'm so glad she has you now

Lucky Rescue
July 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Chrissy has been adopted by a wonderful lady in Hudson, who will give her all the love and attention she needs, and she even has another dog to play with!:D

Rita
July 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Hurray for Chrissy!!! She looks like all she needs is lot and lots of love :love:

happycats
July 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
WOOO HOOOO. Yippee for Chrissy!! :love:
You guys are the best :angel: :grouphug: :highfive:

Luba
July 15th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Wahhhh ooooey Chrissy I KNEW nobody could resist you!! YIPPIE

LR what about the Spay:????

This is for you Chrissy

Lucky Rescue
July 15th, 2005, 03:06 PM
what about the Spay:????

Even our vet can't tell if she's spayed or not. She probably is, which is why the miller dumped her when she was brought back. She's of no use to him.

In one month she will have to go and be opened to check, so heat or no heat, pregnant or not it will be done.

Luba
July 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM
There has to be another way!!! Non invasive testing? HAS TO BE

I'm going to search now!

chico2
July 15th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Awww Lucky,here I am crying over the cruelty of jerks,the scum of the earth....then I see Chrissy has a new home :thumbs up
No more tears for Chrissy,hopefully she'll live happily ever after :love:
Thank's Debbie and Lucky Rescue!!

Luba
July 15th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Ok there are hormone tests avail, this may be able to prevent any invasive procedures. If they do have to 'go' in perhaps laser/laparascopic would be best poor Chrissy!

I so happy you have a home though :D

Toonces
July 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Wonderful news LR Great work! :thumbs up