Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking to adopt a cat

nuttinfluffer
July 13th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Our family is looking to adopt a cat - any age, just no kittens. Can be female or male. Must be friendly and good with children 7+. No one in the family has allergies. Cat must be spayed/neutered. Cat would be an indoor family pet only.

Any help on where we could adopt a cat (a rescue group would be ideal, as we'd be saving a life) would be much appreciated.

We are located in Cornwall Ontario.

BMDLuver
July 13th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Cornwall OSPCA on Boundary Road always has cats. :)

nuttinfluffer
July 13th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Cornwall OSPCA on Boundary Road always has cats. :)

We've already checked - lots of kittens and none of the adult cats that are there are good with children :(

JDG
July 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Did you already check petfinder??

www.petfinder.com

:)

Good luck! :thumbs up

BMDLuver
July 13th, 2005, 04:31 PM
hmmmm, k, try Westminister Pet Sanctuary... http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON149.html
They are a very reputable rescue and one of the directors is in Cornwall area quite often!

nuttinfluffer
July 13th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Did a quick search on adoptable pets in Ontario/Quebec section of Petfinder. Checked out the link for Westminster...I'm going to contact them now -- thanks BMD lover :)

BMDLuver
July 13th, 2005, 04:45 PM
You're very welcome! Please post back when you do get your new furbaby!

chico2
July 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I just came from the Oakville HS,they have tons of beautiful cats,longhaired,Siamese and anything anybody would want,it's a no-kill shelter and they are overwhelmed by cats.But it's a bit far from Cornwall.. :D
www.oakvillehumane.ca

SnowDancer
July 13th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Maybe check with LuckyRescue.

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 06:05 PM
We are about 1 hour from Cornwall, and have healthy, beautiful adult cats for adoption. All are spayed/neutered and vet checked.

Most are in foster homes, so we usually know if they are good with kids, other cats etc.

Please take a peek at our site!:) Check out Kilmet, the beautiful white cat who is sweet and gentle, and is very unhappy in the cage at the vet!
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/QC12.html

BMDLuver
July 13th, 2005, 06:08 PM
sorry LR, should have mentioned you. I just automatically thought Cornwall so went with Westminister when the OSPCA was out. I apologize if I've offended.

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I'm not offended!!!! I'm always happy to see cats get homes, no matter where they come from!:)

BMDLuver
July 13th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I'm not offended!!!! I'm always happy to see cats get homes, no matter where they come from!:)
Oh good. I'm having one of those semi brain dead days! :)

nuttinfluffer
July 13th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner - been so busy looking through "cat postings" from rescues. There are so many cats in need of homes :(

I have been in contact with Kelly from Westminster...very nice lady. If everything goes well she is willing to do a meet and greet here with us with a beautiful tabby named Greta. All cats/kittens are socialized with children, other cats and dogs in their rescue. That is definitely a plus. We are dog owners and have to take that in to consideration as well.

I'm supposed to call Kelly back with some more choices on cats so that she can match the perfect cat for our household.

I am open to any suggestions that any of you may have as to what to look for in cat personalities. I have been around cats but have never been a cat owner - so I'm quite green as to what to look for - as dogs are quite different than cats.

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 10:05 PM
My suggestion is a very calm, relaxed and laid back cat - neutered males are often like that. Find one who solicits petting or rolls on his back when you greet him. In other words, a "bomb proof" guy.:p

Females can be a little more stand-offish, while males are often always up for a cuddle session.

Of course I'm speaking in generalities,and you may find what you are looking for in either sex! I'm just partial to the boys.

"Mitso" here, from our site, is a good demonstration of the type of cat you want if you have kids and/or are not experienced with cats - a complete "Lover-boy" who is not bothered by anything!. Let us know how the meeting with Greta goes!!

chico2
July 14th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I too was going to suggest a laid back,male neutered cat.I have never tried to introduce a cat to a dog,but I believe a male cat would be easier.
Females are not always skittish and shy,but often...I find the total opposite in dogs,but again,not all the time,only in my experience.
Lucky,I saw Mitsou on your site,he looks like an absolute love-bug and soo beautiful :love:

BMDLuver
July 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM
ohh... Mitso is absolutely adorable!

JDG
July 14th, 2005, 08:38 AM
LR, Mitso is just such a doll, is he a cat you have available for adoption?

With a face like that, and a great photo - its not going to be hard to find that guy a home!

Melinda
July 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Hello Nuttinfluffer, I'm also in Cornwall and we have sort of met, netwise that is, remember the black lab/shephard pups for sale in the ottawa ads?? You sent me an email when he reduced the price on them, I'm Shelley that adopted Brina *S* great to see you on the boards!! Good luck getting your cat! :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
July 14th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Mitso is on our site, but is not one of ours. I think he's adorable and if I didn't have my 3 freaks, I would adopt him myself. I love big cuddly boys!!:)

To the OP - sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!!

nuttinfluffer
July 14th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Shelley/Melinda...small world isn't it :) I believe we have found our cat :) The husband found him online this morning and both he & I have contacted the rescue group. They are near Rawden QC

Not sure if the link will work but here goes
http://tinyurl.com/bsbcu

If it doesn't work this is his description: Filou is approx. 1 1/2 - 2 years Maine Coon, is a laid back cat, isn't nervous with kids, dogs or other cats. He's been neutered, all shots UTD, healthy, given flea prevention, etc. The husband fell in love as soon as he saw the picture of him and I melted too.

Looks like I'll be shopping the next few days for lots of cat supplies :D

chico2
July 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Maine Coons are to me one of the biggest most beautiful cats,I am really envious :D But very happy the kitty gets a good home!

Lucky Rescue
July 14th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Agree with Chico! We've had a few Maine Coons in our rescue, and they were just fabulous, but BIG (between 22 and 26 lbs)

Good luck and let us know all about your new addition!!:)

Melinda
July 15th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I am soooo glad nuttinfluffer! Maine coons are gorgeous cats. Maybe I'll see you at the pet supply store, I'll be the one stocking up on puppy treats *L*

nuttinfluffer
July 16th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Well our new cat arrived last night :) We decided to change his name from Filou to a cool cat needing a cool name so it is...................

The Fonz aka Fonzi aka Fonzerelli (named after Henry Winkler's character in Happy Days). The name suits him :)

Fonz is the most laid-back, relaxed, friendly, cuddle-bum of a cat. He bonded to us immediately and adores the kids :)

Haven't had him meet the dogs yet as we don't want to overwhelm him - so for the next few days he is in our family room - furnished with several comfy couches; a big screen tv; his extra large litterbox; plenty of fresh water & food and lots of toys.

He's already showing wonderful signs that he approves of his new forever home.

We're all in cloud 9 over Fonz :)

chico2
July 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Nuttin,I am very happy for Fonz..a little concerned about introducing him to the dogs,but then I am a worry-wart :D
There are a lot of people here who can give you advice on how to conduct the introduction...but I think most of all you need patience,it could be a long slow process and I hope your dogs do not have a strong preydrive,wanting Fonz for lunch..
Did you say what kind of dogs you have,are they GSD? and of course,photos of all of them is required on this Forum :thumbs up

nuttinfluffer
July 16th, 2005, 11:30 AM
a little concerned about introducing him to the dogs,but then I am a worry-wart :D
I hope your dogs do not have a strong preydrive,wanting Fonz for lunch..
Did you say what kind of dogs you have,are they GSD?

I have 2 Newfoundlands & 2 Labrador Retrievers. The only one that has a preydrive is my youngest Lab, Cole....but I'm sure he will learn his place once/if Fonz decides to swipe Cole's snout. Most dogs learn their place when it comes to cats :) I'm only going to start doing introductions with the dogs once Fonz has been here for a few days and both canines & feline have gotten used to each others "smell". I will also be doing introductions individually :)

Lucky Rescue
July 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM
If you know this already, I apologize. When you do introductions, never take a dog into the cat's room. He must know he has a safe haven to retreat to if he wishes.

I can tell you what I did, if it helps. After whatever I had settled into one room, I then put a babygate on the door, lifted up off the floor just high enough so the cat could go in and out, but no dog could. This way the cat can come out when he's ready, and will be much calmer knowing he has a "safe place".

Of course this only works if you have a dog who respects barriers. If not, you can put a hook on the wall, and use a chain to keep the door open just enough for the cat to get in.

So glad you're taking your time. That's the way to do it!:) So many people are in a big rush for some reason and when you mess up introductions with cats you can have a big problem.

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Thought I would continue with this thread - as for some reason computer isn't letting me post a new thread???

Fonz - our Maine coon that we adopted/rescued in July is amazing and has adjusted to his new forever family :) He LOVES us, the kids and is tolerating the dogs nicely :) Did a very very slow introduction and with the advice of LuckyRescue (thank you) the babygate trick did the job :) Fonz is eating a great cat food - Nutro complete care - has a wide assortment of cat toys (spent a small fortune at PetSmart LOL) and the husband built a 6 1/2 foot cat tree which Fonz absolutely uses and enjoys immensely!!!!

Anyhow, the kids are starting school in the next couple of weeks and my dogs have each other as companionship ~ they are best buddies ~ we're seriously thinking of adopting/rescuing another Male, Neutered, Maine Coon. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?? I could be totally wrong here, but I've fallen so in love with the Maine Coon's that we really want another one :) The rescue we got Fonz from doesn't have any Maine Coon's. I saw a gorgeous Tabby-Maine Coon mix named Vagabond on SOSMiow - don't know if he's still available. I put a call into them and am awaiting a response back.

badger
August 19th, 2005, 03:41 PM
How about a quick spin to Montreal? Have we got a Maine Coon for you. Here he is, an adorable fellow, not young (about 7) but healthy, neutered and lookin' for love. May be able to arrange transport!

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Is that Toby??? His brother Ziggy was adopted but not him :(

We saw him listed on Petfinder 2 days ago I think, but then when we looked again last evening the listing was removed and then I was reading a thread on here saying he was already adopted (good for him :) not for us :(

He is soooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Toby is NOT adopted and desperately needs a permanent home, and not a foster home!!

Glad the tips helped you with your new kitty.:)

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Hi LuckyRescue :)

Boy did we assume wrong...I thought he was adopted!!

Since I can't find a write-up on him through Petfinder -- can you send me the info on Toby through here or by PM. I can give you my phone number or e-mail through that :)

thanks

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 04:33 PM
nuttinfluffer,What Badger told me,is that Toby is in fostercare,he is very beautiful and still needs a home.
I am soo happy Fonz is working out.
You have 2 newfies,boy,you must have a big house :D
Introducing 2 adult male cats to each other is not always easy,but I am sure you're aware of that.
It would be wonderful if Toby could get a permanent home :love:

Lucky Rescue
August 19th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I took Toby's listing down as I thought he was going to a new foster home (which he is)

But at his age, he really needs to go straight to a permanent home to ease the stress on him. He already lost his brother, and his home and has been sitting in a cage at the vet for weeks now.

I saw him at our last adoption event. He is beautiful and very sweet!!

Please contact Badger asap.:)

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Awwww,all fingers and toes crossed for Toby :fingerscr :fingerscr

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Badger called me...2 seconds after I PM'd her!!! Just spoke to the husband and it's a "go" :) Looks like we'll be making a trip to Montreal for Toby :)

Now I have to call Badger to make it official and to get directions ;-)

poodletalk
August 19th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Great news! I will cancel my foster home for tomorrow!

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Good stuff...I hope it works out :fingerscr Lucky will give some instruction I am sure.I have three adult males,but I never introduced 2 adult males to each other,I always began with kittens.
I would imagine it is a very slow process,one of my males go ballistic if he sees a strange cat. Good Luck! and hugs to beautiful Toby,please,please be a good boy :love:

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Left a message for Badger to call me for directions :) Can't wait to see Toby in person....ohhhhhhh he's going to get spoiled rotten by us ;-)

badger
August 19th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Great work everyone. Toby's going home tomorrow. Thanks Poodletalk, thanks Lucky Rescue, thanks Chico. It's a wrap.

Lucky Rescue
August 19th, 2005, 07:35 PM
OMG, I just saw this. It's the best news for this poor baby!!:)

Thanks to all who helped, and a HUGE thanks to "nuttinfluffer" for your kind heart! So many people will not adopt a cat this age, which is ridiculous since he could easily be around another 10 - 12 years.Yay!!!

nuttinfluffer
August 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
A big, big thank you to Badger for making this all possible. I've been in touch with the vet where Toby is and they are waiting for us tomorrow. We will be there before lunchtime :)

As promised a donation will be made to Lucky Rescue to help other kitties in their program and hopefully save another life :)

I will be sure to post pics of Toby in his new forever home.

P.S.
I'm not going to sleep a wink tonight...I'm so excited!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
You are very kind!

And don't forget if you need help introducing these two guys, please either come here and ask, or if you wish to email me, you can do so at:
laurent376@hotmail.com

I suggest you don't let the cats even see each other for at least a week. Toby has been through a great deal and needs time to just settle in and get lots of lovin's!:)

I've introduced many cats of all ages and both sexes, and never had two who couldn't get along.

ETA: Any donation at this time will go towards helping this baby:

chico2
August 20th, 2005, 08:21 AM
nuttinfluffer,thank you for making my day :pawprint: all the best to beautiful Toby and the rest of your family..patience and lots of loving will be what Toby needs and I am sure he'll get it from you :highfive:

nuttinfluffer
August 20th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi all....Toby is home :) He was amazing in the car and didn't even freak out with the 1 1/2 hour drive back. The staff at the vet clinic were great too...and two of the girls had tears of joy streaming down their faces as we were adopting Toby.

Toby is a very laid back cat - but yet very outgoing. Toby's only been here about an hour and is already eating, using the litterbox and making himself quite at home on the sofa, cat tree, computer desk. He loves the kids and is quite the little love-bug with the hubby & I. As I'm writing this note, Toby is sitting here beside my keyboard :)

I'm going to post pics very soon.

Lucky Rescue
August 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I love it when everything comes together just right!!:)

I cannot thank you enough for giving this guy a second chance at a wonderful life.

It's so true that one person's trash is another's treasure. I wish more people would consider adopting mature cats. I think they're great!

Looking forward to pics!!

How is your other cat handling all this?

nuttinfluffer
August 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
How is your other cat handling all this?

To be quite honest -- it's going wonderfully :D I knew right from the start at the vet's office that Toby was very relaxed and not stressed there. The staff told me they were taking turns bringing Toby home with them and having him around their own cats overnight here and there...so I figured the only slight problem might be my own Maine. Turns out when I brought Toby home, it was Fonz that came up to the cat carrier and wanted to see Toby.

Toby took to Fonz right away. I know you guys must be thinking it's impossible - but seriously I think these two, because they were in rescue and have been around so many other cats have been able to adapt so fast.

As I write this the two boys are having a nap on the area rug together like they've known each other for years!! I must go recharge my digital camera batteries.

Prin
August 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM
What a great thread!!!! Nuttinfluffer you are so great for bringing this furry into your home! Yey! It's just so great- this story made my day! :) And yes you will have to post pics soon!! :)

Lucky Rescue
August 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
It just keeps getting better! Stop, I can't take so much good news.:D

mesaana
August 20th, 2005, 06:03 PM
That's so wonderful! Thank you for taking Toby and giving him a house full of people to love and who love him back.

Lyne

chico2
August 21st, 2005, 07:48 AM
Nuttinfluffer,words can not describe how I feel,I am soooo happy and relieved for Toby.
I was worried the two cats would be fighting and you would end up giving up on Toby,it has happened :sad:
But these two lost souls,probably know they better behave,knowing the alternative out there :D
I cannot thank you enough,Toby was on top of my worrylist..http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif

nuttinfluffer
August 21st, 2005, 12:44 PM
The boys are doing well together -- I elected to sleep on the couch last night to make sure things went smooth during the night. Well they did :) Both Fonz & Toby (who's now being called Chico) slept up in the comfy cat tree ALL night.

No worries "Chico2", both boys are safe, very much loved and AREN'T going anywhere :D

Cindy

chico2
August 21st, 2005, 02:57 PM
Cindy,Chico is a great name for a wonderful cat,as is my very own Chico...one of the girls here also once brought up a raccoon baby and his name was Chico,a very honourable name :D
Please keep us posted about their progress,it sounds like things are great and I am very happy for Chico and Fonz...even envious,since I would have loved to be able to take Toby.
Thank's for the up-date!!

nuttinfluffer
September 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
My suggestion is a very calm, relaxed and laid back cat - neutered males are often like that. Find one who solicits petting or rolls on his back when you greet him. In other words, a "bomb proof" guy.:p

Females can be a little more stand-offish, while males are often always up for a cuddle session.

Of course I'm speaking in generalities,and you may find what you are looking for in either sex! I'm just partial to the boys.

"Mitso" here, from our site, is a good demonstration of the type of cat you want if you have kids and/or are not experienced with cats - a complete "Lover-boy" who is not bothered by anything!. Let us know how the meeting with Greta goes!!

I e-mailed Peggy but haven't heard anything yet, so I thought I'd post here. Is Mitso still available for adoption?

Lucky Rescue
September 2nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
You want a third cat?

nuttinfluffer
September 2nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Yes. Three is my limit, but yes we want a third.

nuttinfluffer
September 3rd, 2005, 07:20 AM
Can anyone let me know if Mitso is still available for adoption. His photo is on this thread through LuckyRescue.

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Do you still have Chico(Toby)??? I for one would love to see some pics of the 2 cats together.
You have not told us much about what's happening....how they get along with the dogs etc....
If you have perfect harmony between the 2 cats,I too wonder why you want to disturb it,by adding another.But sure,rescuing another cat is great,as long as you know what you are getting yourself in to.
I had Rocky and Chico living happily together,then I had to take little Vinnie and things changed,luckily with perseverance it worked out in the end but Chico still hates Vinnie.
Please,try to get some pics for us :pawprint:

nuttinfluffer
September 3rd, 2005, 08:12 AM
Do you still have Chico(Toby)??? I for one would love to see some pics of the 2 cats together.
You have not told us much about what's happening....how they get along with the dogs etc....
If you have perfect harmony between the 2 cats,I too wonder why you want to disturb it,by adding another.But sure,rescuing another cat is great,as long as you know what you are getting yourself in to.
I had Rocky and Chico living happily together,then I had to take little Vinnie and things changed,luckily with perseverance it worked out in the end but Chico still hates Vinnie.
Please,try to get some pics for us :pawprint:

Yes we still have Chico :) I do have a few pictures unfortunately the files are really huge and the forum won't post it. They are all 1.7 MB and up. I can send pictures to someone's e-mail if they are willing to downsize the photos for me. Things are fine with the dogs. The cats have a dog-free room that is blocked off with a baby gate if the kitties choose, other than that they have free reign of the house.

I came to this forum first thinking this would be a good place to rescue a third cat that needed rescuing to a good home, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm not really welcome here anymore, as no one is answering about if Mitso is still available for adoption.

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Nuttinfluffer,don't feel that way...I for one have been wondering what was happening with you and Chico(Toby)you have not been on the Forum for a while.
I know nothing of Mitso,hence could not answer your question.
It's really easy to reduce the size of pictures,even to someone like me.
I would love to see some and you can e-mail e the pics if you want and I'll give it a try :thumbs up
I'll pm my e-mail to you...

nuttinfluffer
September 3rd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Chico2: I sent you the pics -- thanks

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Ok,like I said,I am no expert,let's see if this worked

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Sorry they got so small,here's another 0f Chico(Toby)just beautiful!!

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Chico(Toby)and Fonz....

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
I'll do the rest tonight,got to go and stain my deck...thank's for sending me the pics :D

Lucky Rescue
September 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
No one is answering because no one else knows. However, I just contacted the person who is fostering Mitso, and yes, he is still available.

If you can PM me your telephone number, I will pass it on to her, so you can speak with her directly about Mitso.

chico2
September 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Here's the last one...maybe someone can move it to the picture thread,I don't know how :confused:

nuttinfluffer
September 3rd, 2005, 11:13 AM
No one is answering because no one else knows. However, I just contacted the person who is fostering Mitso, and yes, he is still available.

If you can PM me your telephone number, I will pass it on to her, so you can speak with her directly about Mitso.

Thank you LR, I PM'd u with my coordinates :)

nuttinfluffer
September 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Thank you Chico2 for posting the pics for me :) I'm still trying to figure out all the settings on the new camera - and have now found the button that scales down pictures automatically, so from now on I should be able to post pics myself without having to bother others :)

Lucky Rescue
September 3rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
OH as for the email you sent - for some unknown reason, Hotmail decided to put it in my Junk folder. :mad:

SOS MIOW
September 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Yes. Three is my limit, but yes we want a third.

Check out this site, they have gorgeous Maine Coons and other longhairs for adoption: http://puddleduck.tubazaar.com/pets.htm

LL1
September 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Don't think your link works,which rescue is that?

Lucky Rescue
September 5th, 2005, 04:05 PM
That's not a rescue, but a breeder disposing of her own "ex-breeder" cats.

SOS MIOW
September 5th, 2005, 09:24 PM
That's not a rescue, but a breeder disposing of her own "ex-breeder" cats.

Rather a harsh judgment don't you think? There ARE reputable breeders out there who do so out of love for the breed. Nuttfluffer is looking for a Maine Coon - this site has gorgeous retired cats who will make wonderful pets.

Lucky Rescue
September 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I didn't say they weren't reputable, and passed no judgements. I merely said that these are their own ex-breeder cats. It's just a fact. :confused:

Some people only want to adopt pets who really need homes.

SOS MIOW
September 6th, 2005, 12:08 AM
It was the word "dispose" that I took exception to.

Bad breeders would probably continue to breed their cats until they are totally useless or too old to continue. This particular breeder usually retires them at 3-4 years old, sterilizes them and adopts them out as pets to enjoy many more years as a companion cat.

A breeder who would 'dispose' of an intact ex-breeder would probably do so at a cat-auction to some miller who would continue to breed them.

Prin
September 6th, 2005, 12:20 AM
It was the word "dispose" that I took exception to.

Bad breeders would probably continue to breed their cats until they are totally useless or too old to continue. This particular breeder usually retires them at 3-4 years old, sterilizes them and adopts them out as pets to enjoy many more years as a companion cat.

A breeder who would 'dispose' of an intact ex-breeder would probably do so at a cat-auction to some miller who would continue to breed them.
Not necessarily. I know a horrible breeder that breeds every heat but retires the dogs and has them fixed at a reasonable age. You can't assume either way. You just have to be careful.

SOS MIOW
September 6th, 2005, 12:36 AM
OK - for the record - this particular breeder was recommended by a friend of mine after I mentioned that Cindy was looking for a Maine Coon.

You can be sure that this breeder wants the best for her retirees.