Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holy Moley that dog can run fast

Shaykeija
July 12th, 2005, 10:19 PM
:p Well being that I am fat and a smoker I got the work out of the year tonight. When hubby and I were comming home a small shih tzhu ran in front of our car. No we didn't hit it. We tried to catch it because we live on a road the is close to a road I like to call the Indy 1000. Cars are that fast. 45 minutes later we had it cornered and that small dog did a jump that amazed me. My husband actually caught it mid air by the tail. Sorry but that was the only way we could get it. He pinned the snarling yelping bundle of fur down and I stroked it's head until it settled down and relaxed. I brought it home and it is now under my couch. I think I will call it Screech because of all the noise it made. I am not even sure what colour it is. All I know that it was so scared it crapped on me. It is filty, stinky and matted. I contacted the SPCA and the town no kill shelter and told them I have found this little dog. They aren't getting their hands on it. No Way. I will try to find the owner. Tomorrow if it comes out I will get it scanned to see if it is micro chipped. I am sleeping on the couch tonight so I can keep an eye out for it. Sorry for saying it but I don't know if it is a boy or a girl. If I can't find the owner I will find the pookie a great home. I will be looking forward to giving the little one a bath because right now the odor comming up from under the couch it wow in this heat. I have stuck food and water under the couch and put a fan there also because it is so hot here. My dogs are curious about what is there but they are leaving it alone so that is good. I'll keep you all posted on how Screech is doing. :p Something tells me that I am going to fall in love with this little one. :pawprint:

Prin
July 12th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Poor doggy. I hope all turns out well. You are great for putting in all that effort to get him. Heh heh-- it's hard enough getting the dogs you know in the tub.. I can't imagine a stray... Just be careful about any diseases/illnesses s/he might have that can spread throughout your home.. :eek:

Shaykeija
July 13th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Well it's a boy! I woke up this morning and there a pee waiting for me to step in, in the kitchen and the pookie was under my table. I hand fed it some chicken and it ate a little. He took one look and my girls and went back under the table. His tail was up, I has nightmares that we had hurt it's tail. I pet him and rubbed his tummy. Poor pookie has big matts on his ears, long nails and is really dirty. Can't see his his face too well because of all the long hair. This pookie is not being really taken care of. Well I am off tomorrow and we will see about bathing him. :eek:

lezzpezz
July 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Have you ever thought of writing a book or short stories for a magazine?? You are too funny! Good for you for catching Screech! I bet he cleans up real good! See what's under all that matting and crud and I bet you'll find a real sweetheart :love: Good luck!

Dog Dancer
July 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Screech is lucky you found him. Doesn't sound like his owners deserve to get him back if he's in such bad condition. Good luck with the bath, at least he's tiny! :fingerscr

Prin
July 13th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Heh heh... Tiny just means that the teeth are closer to any part of the body you touch... :D

Shaykeija
July 13th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Well Screech is doing just fine. Came home from work and he was stretched out on my couch. I found a wonderful home for him. We decided to call him Shylowe..Because he is shy and his tail was so low to the ground it dragged.
The lady I had in mind was the lady I told you all about in a January post.Say A Prayer for Fancy. SHe spend thousands of dollars trying to get her little shih tzhu cured from cancer. Fancy lost her battle a few weeks later. Now if anyone ever deserved a mommy like that it is Shylowe. And Mommy really needs deserves a furbaby like Shylowe.
Anyway I wil make an effort to find those pieces of crud that have no bussiness owning a dog owners. But after 10 days it's off to become a prince with his new owners. Shylowe was lucky I told my groomer about him and she is going to groom him up on Monday. Can't wait to see his little face.
Anyway I have to bath that little aromatic :p doll tonight. Right now my couch smells like crappola. I can always blame it on my husbands feet :thumbs up .

Prin
July 13th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Why are you trying to find the abusers.. uhh, I mean, owners?

MollysMommy
July 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Please keep us posted. I'm sure everyone is enjoying reading about Shylowe's antics.

Dog Dancer
July 13th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Shylowe - what a great name. I agree with Prin that I wonder why you would bother looking for the owner. I found an Airedale many years back that was running lose on a busy road. I left him at a vets office for the afternoon then took him home with me. He had a tattoo to the Cdn Kennel Club. I guess the vets office was busy while I was at work and that evening I got a call from an Airedale rescue group who told me not to track down the owners but let the owners do the work if they were interested. He said to read the papers for lost ads but not to place a found ad. The rescue group also said that if I didn't find the owners (or they didn't find me) and I wanted to keep the dog (who got along great with my other dog and two cats) that they would groom him up for me in a week. Turns out the owners were from Alberta and had left him sitting in the back of a pick up truck while they visited friends and he jumped out and took off. They phoned all the vets offices and the vet that had held him for me gave him my contact info. And the dog went home to Alberta. Glad he got home - he seemed well taken care of anyhow - but I agreed with what the rescue guy told me. Let the owner look for the dog if they want it back.

Shaykeija
July 14th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Well TJ AkA Shylowe went home today. The owners showed up at my door with 2 crying kids in tow. What happened was, now really questionable, was when they arrived home the other night with TJ in their car, he jumped out and took off. Now the lady never noticed her dog was missing until the next morning. :eek: Hurmph that would be like me forgetting that I had boobs.
Anyway I told her that her baby was in rotten shape. Ears infected, dirty coat and matted. She said she was having TJ groomed in a week or so and that the ear meds were expensive. Like $100 or so. I asked her what she used and it was the same stuff I use for Sophie and Missie so I gave her the spare bottle that I keep on hand. Only costs me $30. She said she has to pay for a vet visit everytime and I asked her why? When I need the stuff, I just call the vet and go get it. I mentioned that her dog had no collar or tags and when she didn't say anything I gave her the new harness I just bought. Anyway they just live down the road from me so I can go see TJ everyday to check up on him. What really made me laugh though was I will never forget TJ. He left his little marks all over my window sill. Must be part beaver cause I have the most amazing chew marks. :p Ya know, I only took care of that little soul for 48 hours and I really miss him. Sigh, now I have to tell Fancy's mom the bad news, that she won't be getting her little Shylowe.

glasslass
July 14th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm wondering how the reunion went. Was TJ/Shylowe happy to see them? I thought maybe he had been out on his own for a long time and that was why he was in such a condition. But, it appears that was not the case. Was she even embarrassed? It sounds like you had the perfect home lined up. I'd tend to keep an eye out and if they continue to let him run loose and he remains in such poor condition . . :pawprint: . . :pawprint: . . . :pawprint: . .

coppperbelle
July 14th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Bless you for rescuing and taking such good care of him for two days. I will bet if he can get away he will show up on your doorstep one day.
People always have excuses why they cannot care for their animals. There is no excuse for not giving an animal basic care.

Shaykeija
July 14th, 2005, 09:28 PM
:p Glaslass exactly that will happen if that baby doesn't get the care he deserves.... :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: really fast to the new home. :evil: