Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

1 yr old Lab to be dumped/St-Lazare

Lucky Rescue
July 12th, 2005, 08:51 PM
My info is this:

One year old, male, purebred and registered black Lab to be dumped by owner.

Anyone interested, please call Joanne at (450) 424-2887

coppperbelle
July 12th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Is this dog still available? I have a coworker who lost her black lab about a month ago. I know she was thinking of getting another one. Unfortunately I just saw the post and tomorrow I am off to at 6:30 a.m. and won't be home until evening so I can't call her until tomorrow night.
This will be a wonderful home for this dog by the way.

Lucky Rescue
July 12th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I know this guy wants the dog gone ASAP.

IF you want, PM me your name or your friend's name and I'll tell Joanne to be expecting the call!:)

coppperbelle
July 13th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I am home early and will call my co-worker abou this dog right now.

Thanks

coppperbelle
July 13th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I called, no answer at the labs home so I left a message. Do you have any more details?

Lucky Rescue
July 13th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Joanne is not the owner, just someone trying to help abandoned animals.

She's had 15 calls today from dumpers, so probably missed your message.

Can you PM me your telephone number, or the number of your friend, and I will have Joanne call you!:)

coppperbelle
July 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I e-mailed you my number

Lucky Rescue
July 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Coppperbelle had a wonderful home lined up for this dog, but the owner has informed us he won't give his dog to anyone from a website. :confused:

I'm sorry Coppperbelle. Joanne is absolutely livid and told him he can dump his dog on his own.

Luba
July 17th, 2005, 12:41 PM
WHAT?

Are you kidding me? :eek:

BMDLuver
July 17th, 2005, 12:53 PM
As that is simply ridiculous, is there a way that the dog can be obtained otherwise? If he'd like to meet the prospective family, something can definitely be arranged so that he feels he has done. Let me know if I can help with my family. ;)

Lucky Rescue
July 17th, 2005, 01:00 PM
This guy wouldn't even speak with Coppperbelle when she called him. No one expected him to hand the dog over to a stranger on the spot, so she was calling to get and give more information and put him in contact with the person who actually wants the dog!

I have no idea what he wants.

BMDLuver
July 17th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Oh dear. He sounds a bit bizarre.

Luba
July 17th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Yes something fishy this way comes :rolleyes:

coppperbelle
July 18th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Oh well, this happens all the time. Yesterday I received an e-mail about a suspected abused golden that had been dumped at a shelter. I was getting ready to go pick her up this morning only to be told that she had been re-claimed by her owner.

BMDLuver
July 18th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Oh well, this happens all the time. Yesterday I received an e-mail about a suspected abused golden that had been dumped at a shelter. I was getting ready to go pick her up this morning only to be told that she had been re-claimed by her owner.
Uhuh, we were pulling her on friday night to keep her safe and she went back to the owner before we could get her. :sad:

coppperbelle
July 18th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I was away for the weekend and only opened the e-mail last night. I was ready to pick her up this morning.

BMDLuver
July 18th, 2005, 08:57 AM
M had given the go ahead to pull her and keep her safe for Golden Rescue. The guy showed up and there wasn't much the shelter could do as it was his wife n children who dumped the dog.

coppperbelle
July 18th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Poor dog. You have to wonder what kind of family it came from where the wife and kids make a decision only to be reversed by the husband afterwards. You would think that they would talk about something as important as giving up a family member.

coppperbelle
July 18th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I have been told that the guy who re-claimed his dog was given information about Quebec Golden Rescue so if he finds her too much again he can contact us.

CyberKitten
July 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Pets (like kids!!) are often the first casualties when a marriage starts to unravel, sighhhh!!

poodletalk
July 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I have seen a case where the husband was overseas serving in the military and his wife gave away his dog! When he came back, he was furious that the dog was given away and the dog was already adopted!