Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Reporting a bad post

sammiec
July 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I have seen on other sites the fast and easy way to report a bad post. There is a little icon that is on the screen beside the users information and if there is a post that should be brought to the admin's attention you click the box and a PM form pops up.

Is this something that we could incorporate to keep things flowing smoothly around here? :)

JDG
July 12th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I think thats a super idea!!! :thumbs up

I was a moderator on another board, and those 'report' messages come in as email - and they are filtered different - so they make it to your 'in box' or filtered folder, rather than right to junk/spam.

That way it doesn't take up PM space etc.

I've used said feature on other boards, and its a nice descret, and sometimes (depending on the forum) an anoyomous method of bringing crappy posts to the admin/mods attention.

marko
July 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM
This is a feature that already exists - just click on the exclamation point in the triangle on the right side of the same row where the date and time of every post is located.

JDG
July 12th, 2005, 02:21 PM
hahahhahaha, thats awesome! I absolutly never noticed that before. . . .I guess I know what I am going to add to Prin's list of forum tips!!!

hahahahahahah, thanks marko!

sammiec
July 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM
LOL, too funny!!! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/1087.gif
I think you just stuck that there! :p I've been coming here forever and never once noticed it!!