Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog is sick

FallenAngelsMom
July 12th, 2005, 08:18 AM
My 3 year old dog who has never been ill is now sick...she wont eat and she just started being able to keep water down again. She has been like this for the pass 2 days..There is no bleeding and she isn't in any pain. She just wont eat. What should I do? I just lost my job and can't aford to take her to the vet and there isn't one around here that will take payments. Her old vet is in Idaho so taking here there is out. :sick:

lezzpezz
July 12th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Well, the resounding response you are gonna get here is to take the dog to the vet immediately. Dogs can't verbalize how or what they feel, they can only show you by their actions, in your case not eating or drinking. When a dog doesn't even drink water, you have a real problem indeed. The dog can become dehydrated very quickly. My suggestion is to try to feed your dog something extra tasty, (a special treat like a piece of peanut butter on toast), to see if it will eat anything at all. If it turns up it's nose, then you pretty much have no recourse but to get it to the vet, which you really should be doing asap. The longer you wait, the worse the dog can get and the higher your bill is going to be.

It is virtually impossible to diagnose your dog via the internet, as we can't see it, take it's temperature, do blood work or anything. The only way to solve the problem is to get it to a vet pronto. You are gonna have to find the money by begging, borrowing or selling some possessions to help your pet. If you want to help your dog, you have to find a way. :(