Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Liquid from dog's nose

bttrflygrl
July 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Hello,
I have a pit bull/ chow mix named Tiger who is just over a year old.
Earlier today he had some liquid come out of his nose. It was clear- looked like water- but there was a lot of it. It made a small puddle on the floor but for the most part he held his head up and kept licking his nose. So I'm not sure exaclty how much liquid there was. He didn't seem to be in distress or anything and when it was done he went right back to playing. I was getting ready for work at the time, so I'm not sure what he was doing before it happened, but I did notice that his water bowl was empty and I had just filled it less than a half hour earlier.
Does anyone know what that could have been caused by? I am really worried about him - maybe I am over reacting?
Thanks

Safyre
July 10th, 2005, 01:37 AM
He may just have a runny nose!
I freaked out when my dog had a runny nose, till she had one at the vet one day, he said it was probably from allergies.
Dogs get runny noses too! Does he have any other symptoms, lethargic, coughing at all? Maybe redness in the ears, sneezing, anything?

If you type in "runny nose" into the search it'll bring up a few threads for ya to read

Luba
July 10th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Dogs noses can produce clear watery discharge. As long as it's clear do not worry about it. My dogs nose drips so much when it's a warm day I put a cloth under her favourite look out ...drip drip drip.

It's not an issue if there are no other symptoms and the discharge is clear.

bttrflygrl
July 13th, 2005, 09:54 PM
OK thank you so much!! He's my first dog, so I'm still learning all of this!